PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else noticed some things missing from PS2?

Chiron
2012-08-06, 11:00 AM
We all watched the game play videos from E3 and we all watched the promotional in game videos. Anyone else notice this?

Doors? Lack there of... Watching all the videos I did not see anyone use a REK for doors because I didn't see any, doors that is.

CE? I did not see anyone using deployables other than the deployable manned turret. I didn't see mines, spitfires or motion sensors.

Turrets in bases? I saw someone trying to access one but I did not see them actually enter the turret because the base was not captured by his faction. Have not seen any animations of people accessing them or if they have options, IE: Flak or AI or AV.

Glue guns? I saw no one repairing tanks or other vehicles. I saw no vehicles being repaired from platforms or other vehicle facilities.

ChipMHazard
2012-08-06, 11:10 AM
We all watched the game play videos from E3 and we all watched the promotional in game videos. Anyone else notice this?

Doors? Lack there of... Watching all the videos I did not see anyone use a REK for doors because I didn't see any, doors that is.

CE? I did not see anyone using deployables other than the deployable manned turret. I didn't see mines, spitfires or motion sensors.

Turrets in bases? I saw someone trying to access one but I did not see them actually enter the turret because the base was not captured by his faction. Have not seen any animations of people accessing them or if they have options, IE: Flak or AI or AV.

Glue guns? I saw no one repairing tanks or other vehicles. I saw no vehicles being repaired from platforms or other vehicle facilities.

Just look at the PS2 wiki and you will see that there are mine and that there is a repair tool in the game.

Well if you saw a turrent then they are in the game obviously, doesn't matter if someone went into one or not, heh.

As to doors, nope we haven't seen any doors in any footage yet.

opticalshadow
2012-08-06, 11:12 AM

doors were removed to speed up gameplay, other videos showed prox mines and placed turrets and repairing is also in.

Shogun
2012-08-06, 11:16 AM
base turrets are also in. there were some videos that showed people using them.

but enter/exit animations of turrets and vehicles are out (sadly)

Fooicus
2012-08-06, 11:20 AM
I hated doors in PS1, they created ridiculous choke points

Raymac
2012-08-06, 11:31 AM

Plus the PS1 doors were freakin scumbags. Always closing on you when you walked up to them, getting bugged, etc. I will not miss those bastards.

ringring
2012-08-06, 11:48 AM
I have bad news for you, there are doorways although they don't have doors ....

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 11:48 AM
doors were removed to speed up gameplay

Oh dear god. What is wrong with gamers.

Fooicus
2012-08-06, 11:55 AM
I have bad news for you, there are doorways although they don't have doors ....

Not really, the entry points on PS2 vids I've seen seem a lot larger and more open than in PS1, some you could even drive tanks in to :)

Chiron
2012-08-06, 11:57 AM
Well since you are familiar with PS1 you know that sometimes the only thing that stops a tank from shoving its cannon down a doorways throat IS the door. Then we just wait for the one nooblet to run up to the door, open it and get splattered by a tank shell.
With no doors or infantry only shields in doorways, I know alot of tank gunners who can thread a shell through a maze to farm some kills with an open door. Heck we have all seen lightning tanks barrage a door from out of range of lancers or phoenixes...

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 11:59 AM
"Wahhhhhh mommy, the door is closed I have spend a whole 3 seconds not firing, Waaahhhhhh"

"Its OK dear, mommy removed all the doors".

PC Gaming 2012.

Raymac
2012-08-06, 12:07 PM
"Wahhhhhh mommy, the door is closed I have spend a whole 3 seconds not firing, Waaahhhhhh"

"Its OK dear, mommy removed all the doors".

PC Gaming 2012.

That's funny, but the doors were really annoying. When I walk up to the grocery store, the door doesn't close in my face and then waits a few seconds before opening again. I'd just like Planetside doors to work as well as Walmart. That's not too much to ask.

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 12:15 PM
Its 2012. They don't have to use the same code/Network to control doors.

I suppose its easier to cut them though, and it plays to the target audience.

NePaS
2012-08-06, 12:18 PM
Its 2012. They don't have to use the same code/Network to control doors.

I suppose its easier to cut them though, and it plays to the target audience.

You are seriously moaning about doors?

WOW.

Firearms
2012-08-06, 12:19 PM
Well since you are familiar with PS1 you know that sometimes the only thing that stops a tank from shoving its cannon down a doorways throat IS the door. Then we just wait for the one nooblet to run up to the door, open it and get splattered by a tank shell.
With no doors or infantry only shields in doorways, I know alot of tank gunners who can thread a shell through a maze to farm some kills with an open door. Heck we have all seen lightning tanks barrage a door from out of range of lancers or phoenixes...

Surely you just jumped out of the window....?

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 12:24 PM
You are seriously moaning about doors?

WOW.

Yes, its a game mechanic ( Hacking ) aspect that's been removed, instead of expanded upon like it should have been, in the name of "Speeding up game-play".

Baby with the bathwater.

You can't tell me needing to unlock a door, or needing another player in a multi-player game to unlock it really just sucked up your game time can you?

Infiltration was a good thing.

ringring
2012-08-06, 12:25 PM
Not really, the entry points on PS2 vids I've seen seem a lot larger and more open than in PS1, some you could even drive tanks in to :)

Look closer on the videos ... ;)

Chiron
2012-08-06, 01:16 PM
Surely you just jumped out of the window....?

I keep tryin but all I can do is hop and float for a second. :p I do keep perfect form while hopping though. Never make it to the window. Thats the trouble with indestructible glass in Tech plants...

Syphus
2012-08-06, 01:23 PM
So now I don't have to spend an extra few seconds hacking a door, oh no, the depth!