PDA

View Full Version : "2 day vet in beta"

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:06 PM
Close this too many trolls.

For those who have been following SOE is attempting to fix my issue so my faith has been restored in them. Smed is an awesome guy.

Pullo
2012-08-06, 12:08 PM
Let's not promote the complaining that will go on for days.

Crator
2012-08-06, 12:09 PM
Here we go! Let the RAGE begin!

PhoenixDog
You don't receive an email. Your account is just flagged. Check Planetside.com/download if you can DL the game you're flagged.

Nathaniak
I'm sure that these people are a minority. I'm also sure that pretty much all vets will be in the beta very shortly (i.e. within a couple of weeks).

Edit: FYI, I'm no vet

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:10 PM

I wouldnt call this complaining, its actually not that hard to understand why someone would be upset.

Spending thousands only to be shoved behind someone who purchased the game yesterday for $10..

Merkeva

Hi, you must be new to the internet!

The Kush
You don't receive an email. Your account is just flagged. Check Planetside.com/download if you can DL the game you're flagged.

nope already did that im not flagged

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 12:11 PM
"Beta" doesn't start until 2pm PST. Until that time, you might still receive the email you so desire.

Perhaps wait until then before flying off the handle.

You are entitled to nothing.

Cheers,

GG

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-06, 12:12 PM
Just read this on Reddit..

Is this a joke SOE?

People have been a PS1 player for a few hours and they are gaining access over veterans to beta..

Most of those "vets":rofl: probably have never even played PS1!

Yet myself, a vet since 2004, that has payed countless months of 15$ subscriptions and IS a current PS1 subscriber hasn't received an invite?

I am happy for the people who got in but this is ridiculous.

And you can ignore your loyal fan base (which might I add is really stupid:doh:) but I think almost everyone can agree this is not right.

Everyone knew this was happening. Why the hell are you always flaming here?

You people should be happy, these brand new vets' money is going to keep ps1 alive when whiny people like you get salty and run back after hating ps2.

SkilletSoup

^^^^This. And stop your hardcore QQing. You sound like a nine year old.

Sledgecrushr
You want some cheese with that whine?

Crator
You are entitled to nothing.

This is incorrect... SOE said Active Subs are first (Entitled to get in 1st) > then PS1 Vets are entitled to get in 2nd > the beta keys are entitled 3rd > then reg beta subs enetitled 4th.

sagolsun
2012-08-06, 12:13 PM

Is this a joke SOE?

People have been a PS1 player for a few hours and they are gaining access over veterans to beta..

Yet myself, a vet since 2004, that has payed countless months of 15$ subscriptions and IS a current PS1 subscriber hasn't received an invite?

And you can ignore your loyal fan base (which might I add is really stupid:doh:) but I think almost everyone can agree this is not right.

You got your period ladyboy?

Sit your ass down and wait. You'll be in the beta when SOE decides so. SOE didn't sort players according to subscription time, kill to death ratio or favourite tutu colour because they're busy developing the game. Assuming you're a vet you'll get in soon enough.

CountMeIn
2012-08-06, 12:14 PM
Stop raging people!
We should be glad this game is even coming to existence! :):lol:

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:15 PM
This is incorrect... SOE said Active Subs are first (Entitled to get in 1st) > then PS1 Vets are entitled to get in 2nd > the beta keys are entitled 3rd > then reg beta subs enetitled 4th.

exactly crator

ps1 vet and i have an active subscription, so yes im entitled

and regardless if i had a subscription i think vets should have been in first, real vets you know that have actually logged into a PS1 server

and its funny everyone who is talking s*** above me was invited.

you would be equally pissed if you spent as much money on the game as i did

WWladCZ
2012-08-06, 12:16 PM
This is what you get who has money can buy himself anything. No Veterans exist those are just kids that subed 5 minutes ago and never even instaled the original Planetside. SOE just wants to juice some money from dumb kids and they did.
So here we are THE TRUE VETS who played PS1 for years.
And Kids that just bought this status.

If you tell i Rage i dont im just sad. Sad as i see where this world is going.

SkilletSoup
2012-08-06, 12:16 PM
Oh for the love of God.

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-06, 12:17 PM
exactly crator

ps1 vet and i have an active subscription, so yes im entitled

and regardless if i had a subscription i think vets should have been in first, real vets you know that have actually logged into a PS1 server

and its funny everyone who is talking s*** above me was invited.

you would be equally pissed if you spent as much money on the game as i did

I wasn't invited, and I just think you're being a whiny brat.

No one is talking shit here, just pointing out how stating the obvous and crying about things that pertain to an unreleased video game don't really matter in the big picture of life. Grow up, enjoy the beta, and live your life :D.

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:18 PM
This is what you get who has money can buy himself anything. No Veterans exist those are just kids that subed 5 minutes ago and never even instaled the original Planetside. SOE just wants to juice some money from dumb kids and they did.

yea I agree 100%

Sirro
2012-08-06, 12:18 PM
EDIT:

Wow stuff is moving like lightening, needless to say what I said was said about 10 times already.

Wait for a bit, then contact customer support, the devs are probably looking like this right now dealing with the start so give them some breathing room:

[SO FUNNY] Little boy getting chased by hungry chickens - YouTube

dafuq
2012-08-06, 12:19 PM
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/447-oh-u-mad.jpg

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:20 PM
I wasn't invited, and I just think you're being a whiny brat.

No one is talking shit here, just pointing out how stating the obvous and crying about things that pertain to an unreleased video game don't really matter in the big picture of life. Grow up, enjoy the beta, and live your life :D.

did you play ps1?
did you pay thousands of dollars on the game?

its not about the big picture of life it is a video game:rofl:

If you fail to understand the logic behind my concern then you are dumber then you look.:lol:

Astrok
Guys it's 10am PST the start according to Smed via Twitter is still 2pm that is 4 hours, they are probably flagging people in bunches to avoid potential issues.

If by 1pm PST you are not flagged yet and you think you should contact customer support.

u can contact me to and give me ur account information :lol::rofl::lol:

NePaS
Wow,so because you were not in the first 10 names you are spitting your dummy out?

They are flagging accounts all the way up to the launch minute.Have a little patience.

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:21 PM
Wow,so because you were not in the first 10 names you are spitting your dummy out?

They are flagging accounts all the way up to the launch minute.Have a little patience.

source?

there isnt one so please dont assume unless you have evidence to back up your claims

Firearms
2012-08-06, 12:22 PM
did you play ps1?

Congrats. You get priority access to PS1...

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 12:22 PM
You could do something constructive like submit a support ticket. Making a thread about your troubles wont solve them.

Anyways, like I said, the Beta doesn't start until 2. Email is not a guaranteed medium of communication.

Wait.

Cheers,

GG

frunction
2012-08-06, 12:23 PM
http://t.qkme.me/3pnopv.jpg

Maarvy

We may have our first /wrists right here .

The Kush
Congrats. You should get priority access to PS1...

fixed*

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-06, 12:24 PM
did you play ps1?

its not about the big picture of life it is a video game:rofl:

If you fail to understand the logic behind my concern then you are dumber then you look.:lol:

No one fails to see the logic, it's actually very simple and child-like. We just fail to see the purpose of you having a serious meltdown about something so simple and insignificant. I see the point about the big picture thing sailed well over your head.

And not one person on this world gives a damn how much money you put into planetside except for SOE shareholders.

I say again. Enjoy the beta and quit starting angry threads promoting a bunch of unrest all over the place on what should be a fun day of video games for people. Good day, GLHF

Electrofreak
2012-08-06, 12:25 PM

Is this a joke SOE?

You could have resubbed and had the same opportunity they did. Thus, this is all a moot point.

This whole system was set up to reward the vets who are actively playing first, the vets who aren't next. If some "newbies" are going to pay money to work the system, SOE gets more money for it anyhow and PS2 development benefits.

So really, crying about it is pointless. You could have done the same thing for the same result, and you still would have gotten in sooner if neither of you paid a dime.

Seriously, people will whine about anything.

I'm a original PS1 vet too, and no, I'm not a current subscriber. If I have to wait, I'll wait.

PS - On top of things, the motherboard in my gaming rig bit the dust recently. It'll probably be a week at least before I can get a replacement. What do you think, should I start a thread complaining about the unfairness of it all?

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 12:27 PM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/stingrays01/Misc%20Picks%20and%20Avatars/MichaelJacksonEatingPopcorn.gif

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:28 PM
You could have resubbed and had the same opportunity they did. Thus, this is all a moot point.

This whole system was set up to reward the vets who are actively playing first, the vets who aren't next. If some "newbies" are going to pay money to work the system, SOE gets more money for it anyhow and PS2 development benefits.

So really, crying about it is pointless. You could have done the same thing for the same result, and you still would have gotten in sooner if neither of you paid a dime.

Seriously, people will whine about anything.

I'm a original PS1 vet too, and no, I'm not a current subscriber. If I have to wait, I'll wait.

Read before posting

I am a current subscriber as well as being a vet

Maarvy
2012-08-06, 12:37 PM
This is the worst thing to happen to anyone ever in the history of everything .

Ivam Akorahil

Is this a joke SOE?

you see, the beta hasnt even started yet, how can there be someone in the beta ? :)

Papscal
I played since PS1 beta, and i have no invite or download access. But you can be sure that complaining about it here is pointless. And if you ever thought that new players to PS dident have a chance of getting in before you, well your as fruity as the Unicorn you rode in on.

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 12:38 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm
Remember you have to be active and not using free days at all.

"Planetside 1 vets ( not current subs) - make sure tou have registered for the beta or you won't get in"

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:41 PM
This is the worst thing to happen to anyone ever in the history of everything .

quit blowing up the thread to make it sound like its the end of the world

I wasnt making that statement, I am simply disappointed in the choices of SOE

Maarvy
2012-08-06, 12:41 PM
Please copy and paste the support ticket for us ....

Remember to list your awesome ps1 playtime and achievements , and dont forget you spent at least 20 seconds on the cutout sig and some time whining on internet forums in to the deal .

they owe's you !

AgtPanda
2012-08-06, 12:42 PM

Is this a joke SOE?

liek dis if u cri everytiem!

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 12:43 PM
"We are go for beta at 2pm. Flagging has started. This is for current PS1 subscribers and All Access members. PS1 vets later."

"Planetside 1 vets (not current subs) - make sure you have registered for beta or you won't get in. It's not automatic."

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-06, 12:44 PM
The only thing that worries me is that people like this will be helping to shape the game befoe I get the chance :P

Maarvy

I'm just passing some time until ... later ;)

The Kush
"We are go for beta at 2pm. Flagging has started. This is for current PS1 subscribers and All Access members. PS1 vets later."

"Planetside 1 vets (not current subs) - make sure you have registered for beta or you won't get in. It's not automatic."

yea i registered as well but thanks sero

Syphus
2012-08-06, 12:45 PM

We just want it to still be here for the next little bit of time when you are in the beta.

Kur
2012-08-06, 12:46 PM
This happened when SWTOR went into beta as well and it turned out to be false.

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 12:46 PM
yea i registered as well but thanks sero

From what I understand anyone subscribed right now, that is classified as active is automatically flagged for beta.

Anyone that is a vet "i.e. subscribed at anytime since game first came out" they still have to sign up for the beta, and then they will be automatically flagged.

IDK what's going on in your case, you can always tweet smed, or something.

Crator
2012-08-06, 12:48 PM
Curious, when did you activate your PS1 account Kush?

Thomanson
2012-08-06, 12:49 PM

Is this a joke SOE?

You /did/ sign up for beta, right? <.< I mean, I'm betting some people complaining forgot that step.

Papscal
2012-08-06, 12:50 PM
Kush i think you need the chat room for some hands on comforting.

Astrok
2012-08-06, 12:51 PM
You /did/ sign up for beta, right? <.< I mean, I'm betting some people complaining forgot that step.

that would be hilarious lol if people forgot it muahaha.:lol:

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:51 PM
From what I understand anyone subscribed right now, that is classified as active is automatically flagged for beta.

Anyone that is a vet "i.e. subscribed at anytime since game first came out" they still have to sign up for the beta, and then they will be automatically flagged.

IDK what's going on in your case, you can always tweet smed, or something.

I tried to tweet as well

my case is that im a vet since 2004 and I have an active account right now

So i should be flagged but for some reason im not.

As I have said before I am just disappointed, I was promised access and that didnt happen.

Its not the end of the world, but a company that I have given so much money to and brought so many people into the game just to be ignored isnt the greatest feeling. But whatever ill live just wondering whats going on

Curious, when did you activate your PS1 account Kush?

PLANETSIDE™ GAME PASS DETAILS
Enabled Features:
Entitlement: Base Game
Entitlement: Core Combat
ENTER ACTIVATION CODE
(For games, in-game items, expansions, etc.)
Original Activation Date: July 14, 2004

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 12:53 PM
Tweeting is not a form of customer support. Submit a damn ticket man.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk HD

Firefly
This is incorrect. I have had an active sub since retail launch of the original game. I got an email. You should probably check to make sure their new email address is on your safe list and then go check your spam folder.

Rat
It would be cool to see a poll of how many people purchased the game just to get into beta...not resubs (they were vets anyway) but purchases only...not to add to the rage, but to get rough number...I am willing to bet that number is pretty low...

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:54 PM
Tweeting is not a form of customer support. Submit a damn ticket man.

Cheers,

GG

i did green waiting in line, thanks

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 12:55 PM
i did green waiting in line, thanks

Hopefully you won't be waiting to long.

Cheers,

GG

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 12:56 PM
Cs won't do anything about a beta. Cs support does not start until after launch.

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 12:58 PM
Cs won't do anything about a beta. Cs support does not start until after launch.

It'll do more than making a thread about it....

Why are there so many people creating threads like this?

These people are not Vets. Not in Smeds eyes, not in SOE’s eyes. None of them have ever said that. They are “active subscribers”. And yes, an “active subscriber” (someone who purchases PS1 & gets an active subscription) will get priority over people who haven’t played the game in years.

Get over it. You should have spent the £7.50 to reactivate your PS1 sub for 1 month. I did. I spend more than that on coffee most days... Jees people are tight!

kubacheski
2012-08-06, 12:59 PM
so is the actual gamepass status of "Active" mean you can DL at 2:00?

Ooh, but what if I want to rage that I'm a vet with no current sub, but I do have a PC Gamer Key? I mean WTH? I paid cash for the key, not just beggin on twitter (although I did that too...thx @PurrfectStorm, not my kiddo can eventually play too). Same as someone paying $15 bucks yesterday for a spot in beta.

Or do I decide not to rage and sit back and wait as its been over a year and a half since PS Next was rumored to be coming so what's a few days when compared to that length of time that I've been waiting. I mean my patience is tempered as it's been a damn long time, not just some fanboi who saw it at ChinaJoy or E3. I mean imagine the rage every day of wait is such a long time when compared to the short time they've been waiting.

It'll happen when it happens.

The Kush
2012-08-06, 12:59 PM
Why are there so many people creating threads like this?

These people are not Vets. Not in Smeds eyes, not in SOE’s eyes. None of them have ever said that. They are “active subscribers”. And yes, an “active subscriber” (someone who purchases PS1 & gets an active subscription) will get priority over people who haven’t played the game in years.

Get over it. You should have spent the £7.50 to reactivate your PS1 sub for 1 month. I did. I spend more than than on coffee most days... Jees people are tight!

Wow..

Once again please read before posting you look stupid

I AM a current subscriber and vet

Wow..

Should put a more appropriate thread title then because the current one is stupid.

The Kush
2012-08-06, 01:02 PM
Should put a more appropriate thread title then because the current one is stupid.

usually you read the post not the thread title before posting haha:rofl:

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 01:03 PM

Threads are more than Titles.

Papscal
2012-08-06, 01:04 PM
Its pretty much time to accept that if your not downloading, or received an invite your not in the first wave. Probably be a week or two. So go do something, get a hobby.

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 01:05 PM
Its pretty much time to accept that if your not downloading, or received an invite your not in the first wave. Probably be a week or two. So go do something, get a hobby.

Um... What if gaming IS your hobby?

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 01:05 PM
Yes. I had a "pending" account(i had subscibed and canceled so status moved to pending but I still paid) with a pcgamer mag key and I got an email for that account.

Also, I had an "active" account with no key that also got the same email.

Papscal
2012-08-06, 01:06 PM
Um... What if gaming IS your hobby?

Rent a friend that has a hobby?

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 01:08 PM
Rent a friend that has a hobby?

What if all your friends also have gaming as a hobby, and are already in, despite you being the one who played PS1 beta and 5+ years of game time and subs?

Solidblock
2012-08-06, 01:08 PM
I'm one of these "2 day vets", in fact that's not even accurate, im a 1 day vet. I just took an opportunity and paid £13 to SOE. I'm quite happy, you'll be soon. So please stop making a battleground of this forum, man up, and wait like everyone else.

usually you read the post not the thread title before posting haha:rofl:

Glad we can agree your title is stupid.

Now let’s look at your post.

Is this a joke SOE?

Most of those "vets" probably have never even played PS1!

Why are you calling active subscribers vets? You’re confused.

Papscal
2012-08-06, 01:10 PM
Check your spam filter also, i herd that happened to a few people.

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 01:10 PM

Arguing semantics will surely make you look less of a twitter generation poster.

AThreatToYou
2012-08-06, 01:11 PM
I'm hopeful that they'll let in real "vets" within a few days. Not weeks. If it takes them 7 days or more, then that is a serious delay and it's gonna piss me off.

Syphus
2012-08-06, 01:14 PM
I'm hopeful that they'll let in real "vets" within a few days. Not weeks. If it takes them 7 days or more, then that is a serious delay and it's gonna piss me off.

I too, will be pissed off if there are problems. Because how come they didn't consult me, the most important person on the internet, about these things?

Sifer2
2012-08-06, 01:14 PM
If your current subscriber you should get in soon. Probably all current subscribers in the same pool, and they are just spacing out the invites so not all try to download at once.

Infektion
2012-08-06, 01:18 PM
This is me raging!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

morf
2012-08-06, 01:20 PM
Wow..

Did you sign up for beta and complete hardware survey from your ps1 vet/subscription account? Smed just indicated on twitter that invites for subs are not automatic, you have to sign up for beta.

Zeeko
2012-08-06, 01:21 PM
They aren't vets. They are active subscribers.

There is a difference, I would hope people could see that.

Kur
2012-08-06, 01:25 PM
Will I count as an unactive vet, I started playing on 22 February 2012

RageMasterUK
2012-08-06, 01:27 PM
Hopefully you payed the hundreds of pounds to play PS1 happily over 10 years. The money you paid was to play PS1. "2 day vets" as you call them missed out on a decade of MMOFPS.

This is BETA. That means they dont really give a damn about anyone as an individual right now. They care only about the development of their product. Am I one of the only few who understand this? If you cared about PS2 as a game more than your individual access then you would be happy to be a little more patient.

I am a 9yr TOS vet and Im not in yet. You dont see me going apeshit.

Dev team avoided a massive ball-ache by prioritising access like they did to their unfinished product that doesnt even make any money yet. ITS NOTHING PERSONAL.

-RageMasterUK

Electrofreak
2012-08-06, 01:28 PM
Read before posting

I am a current subscriber as well as being a vet

I did read, I just had a dyslexic moment and you have my apologies for my error.

ArmedZealot
2012-08-06, 01:29 PM

Is this a joke SOE?

The Kush, a cunt.

Timealude
2012-08-06, 01:29 PM
wow, i think everyone who got pissed at that guy got successfully trolled

The Kush
2012-08-06, 01:30 PM
UPDATE:

After talking to customer support, apparently my account was "bugged" (their exact words) and my account wasnt showing active even though I had game time and was playing the game. It is too late now to help my cause. I will still be flagged as a veteran but missed out on this wave because of an error on their part.

So yes I was screwed because of SOE.

Papscal
2012-08-06, 01:32 PM
UPDATE:

After talking to customer support, apparently my account was "bugged" (their exact words) and my account wasnt showing active even though I had game time and was playing the game. It is too late now to help my cause. I will still be flagged as a veteran but missed out on this wave because of an error on their part.

This is a standard response from SOE.

ArmedZealot
UPDATE:

Delicious karma.

The Kush

im using their words from reddit hence the quotation marks. I dont call them vets. quit making stupid post

This is a standard response from SOE.

I know right

Sephirex
2012-08-06, 01:35 PM
I feel for you Kush.

I hope you can in touch with someone to get this worked out.
By all rights, you should be in the test today.

Kipper
2012-08-06, 01:35 PM
I spend more than that on coffee most days... Jees people are tight!

What does a £7.50 coffee taste like?

Syphus
2012-08-06, 01:36 PM
What does a £7.50 coffee taste like?

The best kind! Obviously.

The Kush
2012-08-06, 01:36 PM
I feel for you Kush.

I hope you can in touch with someone to get this worked out.
By all rights, you should be in the test today.

Im already counting my losses man, the customer support guy apologized a thousand times but they said there is nothing they can do now. I just have to wait out the vet invite. But I appreciate you and everyone else who is understanding.

morf
2012-08-06, 01:40 PM
Im already counting my losses man, the customer support guy apologized a thousand times but they said there is nothing they can do now. I just have to wait out the vet invite. But I appreciate you and everyone else who is understanding.

[email protected]

Doooo eeeeeeeeet.

Satexios
2012-08-06, 01:40 PM
It happens, I have the same thing I guess. Active sub, beta signed up etc. Guess the next round is for me

Alderego
2012-08-06, 01:45 PM
It happens, I have the same thing I guess. Active sub, beta signed up etc. Guess the next round is for me

same here, but it's still not 2pm pst yet. Soooo it might still happen I guess :)

Bittermen
2012-08-06, 01:45 PM
Deal with it :D

Satexios
2012-08-06, 01:47 PM
same here, but it's still not 2pm pst yet. Soooo it might still happen I guess :)

Well Smedley said on Twitter that most invites were out so, I just take it the odds are low :p

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/232534200992026625

Patflute
2012-08-06, 01:50 PM
Self-entitled baby.

Alderego

Well Smedley said on Twitter that most invites were out so, I just take it the odds are low :p

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/232534200992026625

what a pity.
I'll see when time runs out I guess. If I'm, like you, not in by then it's just an email to customer support and a bit of waiting for the next wave I guess :)

Crator
UPDATE:

Justified RAGE time for The Kush!

The Kush
2012-08-06, 01:52 PM
Justified RAGE time for The Kush!

haha thanks crator, two weeks wont be that bad for the years we have all waited. Cheers brotha get some kills for me in the beta

Self-entitled baby.

because I got screwed by SOE?:huh:

Sturmhardt
2012-08-06, 01:57 PM
Haha, the archetype of the bitter vet.

Well.. I can relate to your anger.. but you're an individual case, and errors happen. Sucks to be you man ;)

Aurmanite
2012-08-06, 01:59 PM
haha thanks crator, two weeks wont be that bad for the years we have all waited. Cheers brotha get some kills for me in the beta

because I got screwed by SOE?:huh:

You didn't get screwed. There was an error with your account that caused you a mild inconvenience.

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 01:59 PM
Self-entitled baby.

Except for the Entitlement being given.

I wonder if you guys do know, sometimes, people ARE Entitled to what was promised.

Entitlement is not a bad word.

Syphus
2012-08-06, 02:02 PM
Except for the Entitlement being given.

I wonder if you guys do know, sometimes, people ARE Entitled to what was promised.

Entitlement is not a bad word.

Sometimes, yes. This however, is not one of those times.

Tehroth
2012-08-06, 02:08 PM
I am a hardened grisly veteran since 8pm 8/5/2012. Only the weak did not get in and the strong shall rise above and carve these beta lands with my bare hands of grit and honor.

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 02:10 PM
Sometimes, yes. This however, is not one of those times.

Yes, yes it is.

Ertwin
2012-08-06, 02:10 PM
You didn't get screwed. There was an error with your account that caused you a mild inconvenience.

This right here. I'm 100% sure that nobody at SOE was like "You know what? I hate The Kush, I'm gonna make sure his account doesn't get flagged so that he can't get in on the first wave of beta! Mwahahahahahahaha!"

Kipper
2012-08-06, 02:11 PM
It's not fair, but its not worth an over-reaction.

I bet we're talking small numbers of people here and I'm almost sure we're talking the difference of 24-48 hours in between active subs and veterans.

They probably just don't want to crash the server immediately.

leecH
2012-08-06, 02:12 PM
I am a hardened grisly veteran since 8pm 8/5/2012. Only the weak did not get in and the strong shall rise above and carve these beta lands with my bare hands of grit and honor.

that was beatiful man :tear:

Syphus
2012-08-06, 02:17 PM
Yes, yes it is.

You should probably sue for breach of contract. But then again, will you get pissed at the court if they have an arch instead of a door?

Fyrn
2012-08-06, 02:17 PM
Relax people. Anyone who's a real vet shouldn't even care if they get in on day 1. The fact that SOE made PS2 happen at all should be cool enough for you.

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 02:18 PM
You should probably sue for breach of contract. But then again, will you get pissed at the court if they have an arch instead of a door?

What contract? Also, you are just trolling now.

RageMasterUK
2012-08-06, 02:19 PM
Well said Fyrn, Im totally with you on this one.

Aurmanite
2012-08-06, 02:20 PM
What contract?

Exactly.

dafuq
2012-08-06, 02:20 PM
nothing more entertaining than watching a forum going nuts on a beta launch

Syphus
2012-08-06, 02:22 PM
Exactly.

^This guy.

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-06, 02:22 PM
Relax people. Anyone who's a real vet shouldn't even care if they get in on day 1. The fact that SOE made PS2 happen at all should be cool enough for you.

Fyrn = Supreme victor.

You're my daily hero on this one.

Snipergirl
2012-08-06, 02:24 PM
i didn't like the fact that they made people pay to play the beta. that's unfair for all of us.
also not to mention they disbaled the gamecard for PS1 just they can get the money. that's really cheap.

Syphus
2012-08-06, 02:25 PM
i didn't like the fact that they made people pay to play the beta. that's unfair for all of us.
also not to mention they disbaled the gamecard for PS1 just they can get the money. that's really cheap.

They didn't force anyone to pay.

The Kush
2012-08-06, 02:26 PM

quit trolling

ChookWantan
2012-08-06, 02:26 PM
This thread got less entertaining as it went on...

I was disappointed. I feel entitled to a true rage thread.

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 02:27 PM
nothing more entertaining than watching a forum going nuts on a beta launch

I know right.

Cheers...

The Kush
2012-08-06, 02:28 PM
Good news

NEW UPDATE:

a higher authority at soe contacted me and they are trying to fix this.
+1smed

my hope might be restored

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 02:29 PM
Good news

NEW UPDATE:

+1smed

Neat man.

Cheers

Aurmanite
2012-08-06, 02:30 PM
Good news

NEW UPDATE:

+1smed

Let this be a lesson to you.

The Kush
2012-08-06, 02:32 PM

:rofl:

morf
2012-08-06, 02:33 PM

Indeed. Contrary to what your parents taught you; temper tantrums do get you what you want.

Spread the word.

Crator
2012-08-06, 02:34 PM
What lessen is that? This thread makes a lot of sense. And is the reason you should post. Now everyone who has same problem can come read the same thread and find out they need to contact support to fix the problem.

leecH
2012-08-06, 02:36 PM
olympic games are fantastic by the way! pole vault.. it will never stop to amaze me how high they go.. seriously. dont they know physics?!

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 02:38 PM
olympic games are fantastic by the way! pole vault.. it will never stop to amaze me how high they go.. seriously. dont they know physics?!

I've enjoyed the batmitten(sp) and of course volleyball... You know what I'm talking about...

Cheers,

GG

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-06, 02:38 PM
What lessen is that? This thread makes a lot of sense. And is the reason you should post. Now everyone who has same problem can come read the same thread and find out they need to contact support to fix the problem.

Except they have to wade through 3 or 4 pages of crying to see what the solution to the problem actually was, lmfao.

morf
2012-08-06, 02:40 PM
Now everyone who has same problem can come read the same thread and find out they need to contact John Smedley - President, Sony Online Entertainment ([email protected] to fix the problem.

Fixed :)

Aurmanite
2012-08-06, 02:41 PM

You expect people who don't have the presence of mind to submit a ticket to read through several pages of a thread to find an answer?

Someone had to suggest it to the TS. Several times.

The Kush
2012-08-06, 02:45 PM
Except they have to wade through 3 or 4 pages of crying to see what the solution to the problem actually was, lmfao.

Yea because of trolls like you who dont help and just try to put other people down. Thanks for the help crator

You expect people who don't have the presence of mind to submit a ticket to read through several pages of a thread to find an answer?

Someone had to suggest it to the TS. Several times.

I opened a ticket instantly, people just don't read before posting

MrBloodworth
2012-08-06, 02:50 PM

Just like most threads, they have to wade through 3-4 pages of trolling and name calling. Because people do not read anything but the title.

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-06, 02:54 PM
Yea because of trolls like you who dont help and just try to put other people down.

You do know what trolling is, right?

Trolling =/= flaming/dissenting. You need to look it up. I wasn't being clever, just telling you to stop whining like everyone else.

Anyways, this is my last post in this thread, baby got his milk, time to bounce.

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 02:55 PM
I opened a ticket instantly, people just don't read before posting

Should indicate that on post #1.

Either way, glad you got it straightened out.

Cheers,

GG

Tactical Pony
2012-08-06, 03:04 PM
^^^^This. And stop your hardcore QQing. You sound like a whine year old.

fixed!

pretty good, huh? lol

Greeniegriz
2012-08-06, 03:11 PM
fixed!

pretty good, huh? lol

Your avatar keeps me from loling..... Ah screw it :rofl:

BeardOfFury
2012-08-06, 09:32 PM
Hey The Krush, experiencing the exact same thing you are, contacted support to find my account was never flagged for veterans priority. Got that fixed up but no invite. So you emailed Smed?

Hunterzen
2012-08-06, 09:33 PM
My account was never flagged even though I am a veteran who paid and played Planetside for years so I decided to find a twitter key, but then I read a tweet from Smed I think it was that if you are a veteran your account would be flagged when beta went live and that your status would get priority and supersede any key you entered, so my question is if that is true why can't I still download the launcher?

Envenom
2012-08-06, 09:47 PM
OP: http://beendelayed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Crying-Baby-Natural-High-for-Some-Moms.jpg

Aurmanite
2012-08-06, 09:50 PM
My account was never flagged even though I am a veteran who paid and played Planetside for years so I decided to find a twitter key, but then I read a tweet from Smed I think it was that if you are a veteran your account would be flagged when beta went live and that your status would get priority and supersede any key you entered, so my question is if that is true why can't I still download the launcher?

The only people who got in this wave were active subscribers.

Hunterzen
2012-08-06, 09:54 PM
The only people who got in this wave were active subscribers.

I understand that I'm just asking if you are a flagged veteran with no beta access can you still download the launcher? Have heard this before just need conformation to see if I should contact customer support tomorrow.

Patflute
2012-08-06, 09:54 PM
Whiny children all over this thread.

Aurmanite
2012-08-06, 09:55 PM
I understand that I'm just asking if you are a flagged veteran with no beta access can you still download the launcher? Have heard this before just need conformation to see if I should contact customer support tomorrow.

Can't download the launcher until you have access to the game.

Hunterzen
2012-08-06, 09:57 PM
Can't download the launcher until you have access to the game.

Thanks for info. Don't want to waste customer supports time I'm sure they got enough problems atm.