PDA

View Full Version : If you haven't recieved your invite, look here.

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 03:31 PM
It's possible not all the emails are out yet. There were a lot being sent. -JSmed

[]

Email me at [email protected] and I'll have it looked at. - JSmed

[[If you are [I]NOT subscribed to PS1 as of 8AM today PDT, you need to make sure you've also signed up for beta, vets will not have their accounts flagged automatically.]]

This is a "see how it goes" kind of thing. Also not disclosing who's in what wave. It's just going to be "another wave" - JSmed

There are a lot of them (vets) so it's going to be in waves (invites) over the next 2-3 weeks likely. - JSmed

[[Next wave will (mostlikely) be vets and misc keys with no ETA on when it (the wave) will be sent]]

Hope this helps anyone having issues. [ ] = me talking

https://account.station.sony.com/reg/publicEula.vm?theme=ps2&locale=en_US - Public NDA

UPDATE #1

@j_smedley I can't stop pressing F5 for beta invite...think my keyboard is gonna break!
@Cheezeman56 they were sent out hours ago. if you don't have it now you likely aren't a current PS1 sub.

INFO #1

I would also like to suggest that anyone without an email still checks www.planetside2.com/download

The email associated to your account may not be verified, thus unable to receive emails.

demonicale
2012-08-06, 03:36 PM
Good information for those who need it, i applaud you :)

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 04:02 PM
John Smedley ‏@j_smedley

servers should be up within 2 hours. slight delay due to fixing a last minute issue that came up. nothing to see here...

You now have 2 more hours to receive your invites before you're late!

frunction
2012-08-06, 04:15 PM
Mine just opened up about 15 minutes ago.

My advice is to be patient if you have active/vet status.

Goku
2012-08-06, 04:29 PM
Good info here.

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 04:50 PM
Thankyou Goku. I'll be keeping this up to date with relevant information and hopefully it stays up top so people can resolve their issues.

Shylan
2012-08-06, 04:51 PM
There are a lot of them (vets) so it's going to be in waves (invites) over the next 2-3 weeks likely. - JSmed
Wait a sec... That better not mean that vets are getting in over the next month, but no (or very few) key-holders are. I was under the impression that key-holders could expect to start getting in by, or at the beginning of, week 3.

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 04:57 PM
That was from JSmedley.

Active Subscribers as of 8AM PDT, Today are in NOW.
"Vets" (Anyone who has subscribed at anytime to PS1 before 8AM PDT, Today (but weren't active) will be let in, in waves OVER the next 2-3 weeks.

Twitter / PCGamer keys will start being let in AT 2-3 weeks.
Of course he said they will not specify exactly the % of vets / key holders that will be sent each wave.

"When should Twitter key holders expect to get in?"

2-3 weeks (ish). depends on how things go in the beta. I can't stress enough that this is an actual "let's find bugs" beta. "

selmu
2012-08-06, 05:51 PM
That was from JSmedley.

Active Subscribers as of 8AM PDT, Today are in NOW.
"Vets" (Anyone who has subscribed at anytime to PS1 before 8AM PDT, Today (but weren't active) will be let in, in waves OVER the next 2-3 weeks.

Twitter / PCGamer keys will start being let in AT 2-3 weeks.
Of course he said they will not specify exactly the % of vets / key holders that will be sent each wave.

2-3 weeks (ish). depends on how things go in the beta. I can't stress enough that this is an actual "let's find bugs" beta. "

Great... delivery a bunch of useless key to make marketing. And exclude who really are intrested in the game for a bunch of 2 day vets. Many vets dont sign up for the beta that show how intrested they are.

I want see this lets find bug full of vets with his friends try to find the best way to faceroll and get and edge at lunch.

Faarooq
2012-08-06, 05:58 PM
I would also like to suggest that anyone without an email still checks www.planetside2.com/download

The email associated to your account may not be verified, thus unable to receive emails.

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 06:04 PM
I have updated the OP with your information, thankyou.

NePaS
2012-08-06, 06:41 PM
Great... delivery a bunch of useless key to make marketing. And exclude who really are intrested in the game for a bunch of 2 day vets. Many vets dont sign up for the beta that show how interested they are.

I want see this lets find bug full of vets with his friends try to find the best way to faceroll and get and edge at lunch.

Cry more maybe?

Wow,my faith in humanity drops with every sodding game!

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 06:45 PM
I can not stress enough that you should all check the planetside2.com/download link and log in with your account that hasn't gotten the invite / email to see if you're in.

Lord Paladin
2012-08-06, 06:55 PM
Mine says I have an active PS2 account, but when I click the "download now" link, it forwards me to a page that says "We already have your beta registration info" etc...

:( It's taunting me!!!

Cosmical
2012-08-06, 06:58 PM
Mine says I have an active PS2 account, but when I click the "download now" link, it forwards me to a page that says "We already have your beta registration info" etc...

:( It's taunting me!!!

Mine too

Smed just said that EU beta starts at 6am. So i guess we just wait? Anyone from UK or Europe got an email?

Timithos
2012-08-06, 07:01 PM
How does smedley handle all this communication? Does he have a staff that works his email and twitter? It says he's President of SOE for crying out loud! He's pretty awesome!

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 07:16 PM
The way I look at it, I think er, whatever U.S. servers they have are 2PM-10PM PST, and the EU servers are up @ 6AM-3PM PST. :)

Hamma
2012-08-06, 07:17 PM
He's doing every one of his own tweets ;)

Crator
2012-08-06, 07:23 PM
Smed is tweet happy! He's got a twitchy trigger finger on that thing! :rofl:

james
2012-08-06, 07:32 PM
So pc gamers keys may be in a month great job guys.

Hunterzen
2012-08-06, 07:44 PM
Good post thanks for the info. Hoping the next wave for yearly vets happens within the next few days!

Lord Paladin
2012-08-06, 08:21 PM
FYI, I was told by SoE that even though my SOE account says my status for PS2 is "active" it is meaningless.

Infektion
2012-08-06, 08:51 PM
LOL I'm laughing but crying at the same time, damn SOE and their lies, real VETS get in 2-3 weeks? they can blow me, multiple times.

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 09:29 PM
LOL I'm laughing but crying at the same time, damn SOE and their lies, real VETS get in 2-3 weeks? they can blow me, multiple times.

People keep misreading the information availiable.
He clearly states that OVER THE NEXT 2-3 weeks VETS will be invited in WAVES.

Hunterzen
2012-08-06, 09:44 PM
Is it true that if you are a veteran you can download the launcher at this time?

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 09:50 PM
Is it true that if you are a veteran you can download the launcher at this time?

If your account has been flagged you may download the client because you're in the Closed Beta.

If your account has not been flagged for Closed Beta, you may NOT download the client.

Hunterzen
2012-08-06, 10:02 PM
If your account has been flagged you may download the client because you're in the Closed Beta.

If your account has not been flagged for Closed Beta, you may NOT download the client.

Flagged meaning you can currently test beta, or flagged meaning you are a veteran who will have access within 2-4 weeks?

Serotriptomine
2012-08-06, 10:05 PM
Meaining you're IN the Closed Beta.

Even if you're a vet, you need to sign up for beta, flagging of veteran accounts will not be automatic.

Infektion
2012-08-06, 10:47 PM
so am I ok, just gotta up to 3 weeks?

PLANETSIDE 2 ACCOUNT : ACTIVE

No PlanetSide 2 Membership

Nemises
2012-08-07, 07:49 AM
^^ yes

MCYRook
2012-08-07, 08:18 AM
Great... delivery a bunch of useless key to make marketing. And exclude who really are intrested in the game for a bunch of 2 day vets.
Who is showing more interest in the game - someone who snatched one of the hundreds over hundreds of Twitter keys that were given out over the last few months, or someone who actually shelled out CASH to subscribe for PS1 to be in 1st line for PS2 beta?

Many vets dont sign up for the beta that show how intrested they are.
PS1 vets who didn't sign up for PS2 beta won't get in PS2 beta. Smed clearly said that PS1 vets are not auto-flagged for beta unless they have signed up.

WWladCZ
2012-08-07, 08:54 AM

From this day or from what???

Manco
2012-08-07, 09:06 AM
Great... delivery a bunch of useless key to make marketing. And exclude who really are intrested in the game for a bunch of 2 day vets. Many vets dont sign up for the beta that show how intrested they are.

You do realize you don't actually have a right to get in beta? It's a gesture of courtesy from them.

Hell, in fact it's not even that. A beta is the exact opposite of a release in terms of services rendered. At a full release they have the responsibility to cater to your ability to play and hopefully enjoy.
In beta, you on the other hand have signed a contract you'll be beta-testing for them, so that you can help them out.

Timithos
2012-08-07, 09:13 AM
From this day or from what???

Yes, from today only IF today is the day. Expect 2-4 weeks. Don't forget that outside 4th week, and I wouldn't have high expectations for 2 weeks.

Lord Paladin
2012-08-07, 10:34 AM
Are we expecting more invites to go out today, or if you didn't get your e-mail yesterday you're out until the next wave?

Anyone see SOE mention that?

Sephirex
2012-08-07, 10:36 AM
Are we expecting more invites to go out today, or if you didn't get your e-mail yesterday you're out until the next wave?

Anyone see SOE mention that?

Since Beta failed to even start yesterday, more invites going out today seems slim.

Lord Paladin
2012-08-07, 10:51 AM
Since Beta failed to even start yesterday, more invites going out today seems slim.

This makes me curious. Since all active PS1 players are in PS2 beta... when the servers go up for PS2, do you think PS1 will have a 0 population? :P

Sephirex
2012-08-07, 10:53 AM
This makes me curious. Since all active PS1 players are in PS2 beta... when the servers go up for PS2, do you think PS1 will have a 0 population? :P

Interesting thought. It would be a good indicator of how people like Beta by seeing how many go back to PS1.