PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Beach P11 mic problem

scapepicture
2012-08-07, 06:22 PM
Hi guys, I'm a simpleton first of all. Please make your replies as basic as possible please :).

So I've connected my P11's to my PC, USB in USB slot and the green audio jack in the Headphone slot( is this the right slot? or does it need to be in the microphone slot?)

When I play, I can hear in game sounds as well as other players chatting but my mic doesnt work and no1 can hear me.

All the settings in game are enabled (Enable voice). And I've done the Windows check to see if I can hear my own voice and that works. And yes, I have pressed Z to chat.

Its probably a simple issue but I cant seem to figure it out. I've looked at the manual and have everything set up as it is in there

Thanks,
Scape

Goku
2012-08-07, 10:15 PM
Make sure you selected the proper microphone input in game, voice client (ts3, vent, mumble), and in your windows audio settings.

Vancha
2012-08-08, 07:27 AM
Does the USB port work for other devices?

Duskguy
2012-08-08, 06:04 PM
cant say for certain as i have x12 turtle beaches, but there is a microphone and a headphone cable in addition to the usb.
my cables each do what you would expect, usb for power, green headphone jack for headphones and the pink mic wire for microphone function, but from your description, you only have a headphone jack.

green= headphone, pink= mic traditionally, although some cables just have a small icon at the plug to identify them.

for my head set, you can plug only one or the other wire in, but then you will only get that particular function. you headset only has one wire?

if you have only the one wire, try pluggin it into the mic slot, see if that works. if thaat doesnt work...i cant help, sorry