PDA

View Full Version : What would bring you to SOE Live?

Hamma
2012-08-09, 01:56 PM
Money aside (please don't say money) what sort of PlanetSide 2 related events would get you out to Vegas for SOE Live 2012? Sit downs with the Developers? Special events? Is simply meeting up with community members enough?

What would make you really consider coming to SOE Live.

EightEightEight
2012-08-09, 02:01 PM
Not really sure. I am already going because I have never been but I really don't know what to expect. It's always good to talk to developers, if they have time and are willing. Meeting some of my outfit members and others interested in the game will be awesome as well. I'll have to think on some expectations and get back to you.

Timealude
2012-08-09, 02:03 PM
Just to sit down with the devs and thank them for such an awesome looking game that have made, hell i'd even buy Clegg and matt beer even if they are NC. :P

BNuts
2012-08-09, 02:08 PM
I would go just to say I went, but airfare is way too much.

Liwen Diamond
2012-08-09, 02:14 PM
I'm afraid there's little they could do to warrant the time and expenses to cross 3/4 of the continent to get to Vegas. If they held it closer to home I might consider it. Why aren't they any cool events in like Toronto? That's only a 5 hour drive from where I live.

But if they really wanted me to come to Vegas, then they'd need to do something crazy, like name something in the game after me. Diamond Republic has a nice ring to it! :p

Sledgecrushr
2012-08-09, 02:17 PM
Dancing girls and beer.

adddemon
2012-08-09, 02:33 PM
If they hot dropped me there from a galaxy I would go.

RoninOni
2012-08-09, 02:36 PM
Honestly, I would go if it weren't for money and not being able to take time off work at the moment (some day.... some day :doh: )

BlueSkies
2012-08-09, 02:40 PM

SOE Live EU (and no, not Pro7 Live) :p

Seriously, servers are in Amsterdam hold it there :D

AThreatToYou
2012-08-09, 02:43 PM
John de Lancie asking me to go.

Hamma
2012-08-09, 02:47 PM
Guys I'm not thinking location.. if location precludes you from coming then that isn't going to change. The venue isn't going to change.. I'm looking for more of what would make you come if it was actually possible for you. If you COULD go what would tip you over the scale.

Stardouser
2012-08-09, 02:50 PM
There's no way I could go this year but if it were possible, the chances of discussing or even simply hearing about EQ Next would be top of the list.

PurpleOtter
2012-08-09, 03:05 PM
A round trip ticket and 'comped accommodations at the hotel. What can I say, I'm broke!

Baneblade
2012-08-09, 03:13 PM
As it is, I'm going to miss out on it. I wouldn't have time to go even if it coincided with my already planned trip to Vegas. I'll just have to wait for the next one.

Tapman
2012-08-09, 03:14 PM
If money wasn't an issue I would have booked a ticket for myself the moment I saw they were available and that Planetside 2 was being featured, seems like kind of a silly question.

As far as stuff I'd like to see at an event like this, daily/nightly meet-n-drink sit-downs with the devs and for all of the other times, high-end gaming stations where I could play Planetside 2 constantly for hours on end while servers bring me food, drinks, and cigarettes.

It would also be cool to reserve stations as a group so that if multiple people from an outfit were going they could all sit and play together. I imagine that swag bags would be standard by now, complete with your faction shirt of choice, dog tags (with a team of hired engravers onsite that you could wait in line for if you wanted), a voucher for the empire themed shoes, etc.

EDIT: I almost forgot...Open Bar!

Fyrn
2012-08-09, 03:14 PM
Lots and lots of goodies, like the dogtags.

Also: eSports.

Lord Paladin
2012-08-09, 03:19 PM
Hamma, for me to even consider the cost of airfare and hotel it would have to be pretty huge. The following are my list of demands to get my attendence.

A) SOE arranging a bargined group rate for the event
B) Planetside 2 hands on gaming event with the devs
C) A serious round table event where we sit down with the devs and they tell us their short and long term plans for the game, and we have the opportunity to provide feedback in a discussion format.
D) Access to beta plus a buddy code, from that day forward.
E) a code to get a special puppy to follow me around in game...

OK so maybe not E

Flacracker
2012-08-09, 03:21 PM
Free plane ticket.

SixShooter
2012-08-09, 03:22 PM
I'm considering going since it's only a 5 hour drive and I happen to love going to Vegas whenever I can. Just a chance to meet the devs and maybe party with the all the PSU folk is enough for me to consider finding a second job for a few weeks to be able to afford it. The whole event looks like it will be a blast. EQ cosplay chicks would also be another excellent reason;).

**edit**
Also dogtags. I seriously want some dogtags...

Hamma
2012-08-09, 04:13 PM
The reason I dont want to hear about the venue or money is because I have no power to control those things :lol: I may be able to help arrange other types of events though.

kidwithstick
2012-08-09, 05:39 PM
If SOE rented out the hustler club for the night and gave all ps1 vets a free hour in the champaigne room...

except too many noobs would just buy it on amazon for 10 dollars and the hookers would be worn out by the time the deserving vets got to "pop their bottle"

see what I did there?

Baneblade
2012-08-09, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I do. Crazy Horse III is better.

mindmines
2012-08-09, 09:23 PM
Mr. Hamma sir, I would come to SOE if I had the time. :/ But If I had one thing that would tip me over, is get the chance for time to talk with devs and discuss what I would want to see in a game. One-One.

windlord
2012-08-09, 10:12 PM
A free aeroplane ticket or a teleporter.

Drakkonan
2012-08-09, 10:23 PM
Sit downs with designers/developers is the only thing that would ever get me to go to a community event. And even then, I'd only go if I vehemently disagreed with a design decision.

scroogh
2012-08-09, 10:25 PM
A sit down with the devs and having every single one of my damn questions answered with atleast 200 words per question.

Helwyr
2012-08-09, 11:48 PM
I don't like Vegas or Everquest players, so nothing. Now if they held a separate event in San Diego just for Planetside I would make an effort to go, which would just be a drive in my case :)

Sunrock
2012-08-09, 11:55 PM
Money aside (please don't say money) what sort of PlanetSide 2 related events would get you out to Vegas for SOE Live 2012? Sit downs with the Developers? Special events? Is simply meeting up with community members enough?

Consider it cost me about $1500 and takes me 10 hours to fly to Las Vegas....

I don't think there is any event they could and want to do that would interest me.

EVILPIG
2012-08-10, 03:09 AM
Either way, I want to see Hamma and Jenny do shots this time.

I don't like Vegas or Everquest players, so nothing. Now if they held a separate event in San Diego just for Planetside I would make an effort to go, which would just be a drive in my case :)

This year is Planetside's year.

If SOE rented out the hustler club for the night and gave all ps1 vets a free hour in the champaigne room...

except too many noobs would just buy it on amazon for 10 dollars and the hookers would be worn out by the time the deserving vets got to "pop their bottle"

see what I did there?

Dude, there is no sex in the champagne room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLeUTpwFjI

TheBladeRoden
2012-08-10, 02:39 PM
Need a teleporter here

Danicia
2012-08-10, 03:37 PM
Just to help out Hamma, here's what we already have. I'll just start with the most important; free booze party! Seriously tho:

-Discussion Panels: PlanetSide®2
-PlanetSide® 2 Tournament
-3rd Annual Bally's Pool Party!! (OPEN BAR)
-Laser Tag
-Brunch with the Dev Teams

Not to mention, a bunch of stuff we haven't listed. :) And yes, of course that means a beer meetup for the beer nerds. That's an unofficial me sponsored event. Sponsored. NOT FUNDED BY ME. :D

Flacracker
2012-08-10, 03:42 PM
Free cigars

foam
2012-08-10, 03:52 PM
Being a gay male I'd probably be willing to suck higby's balls & shaft.

adddemon
2012-08-10, 04:24 PM

WELL......

that's something.

Hamma
2012-08-10, 06:50 PM
Thanks Danicia! Don't forget treebar. ;)

Danicia
2012-08-10, 06:51 PM
Thanks Danicia! Don't forget treebar. ;)

You mean the place I will be all the time I'm not working or sleeping? :groovy:

Hamma
2012-08-10, 06:52 PM
hehehe! Tree Bar is awesome.

I'll be there on Wednesday! ;)

Papscal
2012-08-10, 07:01 PM
Strippers wouldn't hurt.

Maniox
2012-08-10, 09:40 PM
A teleporter that goes directly from Aust-adger, Norway to Las vegas

RoninOni
2012-08-10, 09:44 PM
EDIT: I almost forgot...Open Bar!

If they did that, I'd SAVE money by going :groovy:

cellinaire
2012-08-10, 11:03 PM

...wait. Since when did Fan-faire have gay bar?

Ertwin
2012-08-10, 11:42 PM
-PlanetSide® 2 Tournament
-3rd Annual Bally's Pool Party!! (OPEN BAR)
-Laser Tag
-Brunch with the Dev Teams

I bolded the stuff that would entice me to come if I could afford it. Aside from that, perhaps Q&A sessions, but I suspect that's covered by the discussion panels.

Maybe a little booklet that has either info or trivia about the game would be a good idea if there's time to produce it. (I haven't been paying attention to when it is since I have 0 chance of attending)

Also perhaps not for Sony Live specifically, but I'm pretty sure many people would enjoy poster sized maps of the launch continents.

Tatwi
2012-08-11, 12:25 AM

The only reason why I don't go is because we don't have any money for that kind of trip (Toronto to Las Vegas). Sorry man, but you could make the whole event just a few dudes sitting around a camp fire roasting marshmallows and drinking beer and I would go, if I had the money to get there. :)

That said, I'd order the pay per view of a real Prowler, Vanguard, and Magrider battling it out in the parking lot, should that become available.

EVILPIG
2012-08-11, 01:20 AM
Actually seeing Hamma get drunk this time.

Tzitzimitl
2012-08-11, 01:30 AM
I would like a round table discussion with the devs where they explain their plans/goals and have a feedback discussion with the people attending

Noon
2012-08-11, 03:12 AM
Swag, lots and lots of it (not to be confused with schwag...).

Maybe a few rigged raffles, where I win a top of the line gaming rig. :brow:

Other than that, those things listed earlier sound pretty good. Vegas isn't to far for me, so I could drive...

Hamma
2012-08-11, 11:39 AM
Actually seeing Hamma get drunk this time.

Not going to happen :p

Danicia
2012-08-11, 12:02 PM
Maybe a little booklet that has either info or trivia about the game would be a good idea if there's time to produce it. (I haven't been paying attention to when it is since I have 0 chance of attending)

Also perhaps not for Sony Live specifically, but I'm pretty sure many people would enjoy poster sized maps of the launch continents.

I will present both these ideas. I /believe/ that some PS2 posters are in the works, but not sure of the actual content. One of the things I loved about working on Pirates of the Burning Sea is that we had contracted these amazing very detailed maps. I know I'd fangirlsquee over PS2 maps.

XxAxMayxX
2012-08-11, 01:22 PM
I would go for the ingame items we'll get for being there, however its not likely ill make it out there and buy tickets.

TheBladeRoden
2012-08-11, 06:21 PM
What if they scanned your face and put it in the game? Now that'd be nifty

Ertwin
2012-08-12, 01:27 AM
I will present both these ideas. I /believe/ that some PS2 posters are in the works, but not sure of the actual content. One of the things I loved about working on Pirates of the Burning Sea is that we had contracted these amazing very detailed maps. I know I'd fangirlsquee over PS2 maps.

HUZZAH!:)