PDA

View Full Version : Gamescom exclusive interview... any questions?

Major Tom
2012-08-13, 06:25 AM
Hello

I am part of the GameOverCast (http://www.gameovercast.co.uk/index.php?id=home) team, an enthusiast video gaming podcast. We are going to Gamescom this week and have been lucky enough to get a chance to see Planetside 2 and will interviewing members of the development team.

All of the Gameovercast presenters are massive fans of the original game and keenly await Planetside 2 - it’s been a fight over who gets to do this interview, sadly it’s not me.

However my colleague radarhead has lots of questions lined up but would love to ask some directly from the fans and those in the Beta so if you have any do post them here and he will do his best to ask as many of them as he can - I will post a link to the podcast with the interview when we get back next week.

Thanks

Major Tom

HeatLegend
2012-08-13, 07:33 AM
Will they allow server-switching and if so; does that apply for EU-NA switching aswell?

ringring
2012-08-13, 07:37 AM
Will they allow server-switching and if so; does that apply for EU-NA switching aswell?
Do you mean having characters on different servers or moving a pre-existing character to another one, perhaps as a paid service as other companies do?

In your look-ahead after release, what do you have in mind as additional content (hopes he says more continents)?

Diehard
2012-08-13, 07:41 AM
Southeast Asia will fall under which server? NA?

Piper
2012-08-13, 07:44 AM
Good luck with the interview radarhead via Major Tom. :)

Been racking last remaining brain cell for something a bit left-field to ask and failing. How about...er...

Are there plans to use the Forgelight engine in other games, like perhaps a more traditional fantasy spells 'n' swords MMOFPS?

....not actually wanting one of those personally, just er....interested in the answer itself. :p

Ivam Akorahil
2012-08-13, 08:10 AM
Will it be possible to have more than 2000 players per continent should beta test reveal that its possible?

AThreatToYou
2012-08-13, 09:23 AM
Compared to PlanetSide 1 and other Free-to-play shooters, how big will the damage radius be on explosive weapons, and will they use a scaling damage model or a pre-set AOE damage amount at specific distances from the explosion?

Are there separate damage classes for specific unit types, i.e. LightArmor for LA, Medic, Infil; HeavyArmor for HA, Engineer, MAX Unit; LightVehArmor for Sunderer, ATVs, Lightning; etc. If the answer then is "yes", will MAX units have their own damage class, or will they be classified as either Infantry armor or Vehicle armor?
(To rephrase that: Will a tank shell/HAs missile/Infils sniper do the same amount of damage in theory to all units or will the damage dealt differ depending on the units "class" of armor)

Heaven
2012-08-13, 10:29 AM
I would like you to ask them, when do they plan to show us/add the classic weapons. etc...

NC- Jackhammer and the Pheonix
TR- MCG and the Striker
VS- Lasher and the Lancer

VikingKong
2012-08-13, 10:35 AM
Southeast Asia will fall under which server? NA?
You can play on any server you want, regardless of location.

edit/ Assuming the asian service is comparable to the NA/EU ones.

Duskguy
2012-08-13, 10:43 AM
will there be an option of transferring an already made character to a new server?

any thoughts on adding support type aircraft with illumination flares, smoke, etc?

are they considering making lighter armed units move faster than heavy units, or will they all be the same?

and if they can talk about it, how would they implement a seemless world and naval units?

Zehtuka
2012-08-13, 10:58 AM
What do you have planned in terms of outfit appearance customization? (think clan logo's, uniforms etc)

MacXXcaM
2012-08-13, 10:59 AM
Are there plans to use the Forgelight engine in other games, like perhaps a more traditional fantasy spells 'n' swords MMOFPS?

Or like a Mount&Blade/PlanetSide mix... *hint hint* :groovy:

JoCool
2012-08-13, 11:17 AM
Do you plan on having full joystick support for the countless aircraft on release?

Duskguy
2012-08-13, 11:24 AM
Do you plan on having full joystick support for the countless aircraft on release?

i believe they will as matt higby mentioned he uses a stick, throttle and rudder setup. but wouldnt mind it confirmed anyway.

Tatwi
2012-08-13, 12:29 PM
Here's one:

Can we have door, walls, enter/exit animations, the voice macro system, and vehicles that are actually fun to operate (better turning, more ammo), like we had in Planetside 1? PS2 is after all, a Planetside game.

ringring
2012-08-13, 12:32 PM
You can play on any server you want, regardless of location.

edit/ Assuming the asian service is comparable to the NA/EU ones.
Smedley has already said they're putting an australian server in

Comet
2012-08-13, 12:49 PM
Some of the questions here have already been answered.

Yes, you can transfer a character to a different server but it will probably have a fee.

Yes, they want full joystick support for aircraft at release. If not, shortly after but it's on their list of things to tune.

Yes, SOE is using forgelight to develop Everquest Next.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also curious how they plan to implement outfit customization. How will camo's work with outfits? Does each player have to purchase the outfit's skin? Or does the outfit pay a larger one-time fee so all current and future members can use it?

Do we have to purchase separate skins for infantry/vehicles or do they apply to everything?

Do they have any more details on the premium customer model?

Roughly how many different decals can we expect at launch and are they going to be placed in a visible place on vehicles/infantry so other players can easily ID outfits aside from colour/camo scheme?

Thomas
2012-08-13, 12:55 PM
How long after release can we expect the first new continents and what kind of gameplay will they be aimming to encourage on these new maps?

Piper
2012-08-13, 12:59 PM
Yes, SOE is using forgelight to develop Everquest Next.

Ok, thanks. :) Scratch that one and er...instead....er....blah....um..

Right, ask them the question they are posing to us in the PSU Veteran video confessional video comp'. :p

To describe their most epic, memorable or heroic moment from their PS1 experience.

Comet
2012-08-13, 12:59 PM
Thomas,

Devs have mentioned they have a 3-year plan but have also said they aren't going to add new content for the sake of adding new content. They want to see how things play out with their current designs.

Hamma
2012-08-13, 06:08 PM
I love when the community helps answer questions we have already seen :D

Thanks for posting here hopefully you can get some good material. ;)

Goku
2012-08-13, 06:12 PM
I love when the community helps answer questions we have already seen :D

Thanks for posting here hopefully you can get some good material. ;)

Hamma are you taking a vacation soon with all this extra cash? ;)

Hamma
2012-08-13, 06:26 PM
:lol:

Boone
2012-08-13, 06:38 PM
Sort of joking, but will we ever see SOEmote in Planetside 2? Talk about good times.

radarhead
2012-08-22, 04:07 AM
Hey guys, this is Radarhead from the GameOverCast, we had a great interview with Tramell Isaac which will hopefully be going up Friday in episode 107. ON TOP of that we have some ridiculously awesome stuff they gave us to give away (some epic t-shirts, dog tags etc) so stay tuned :).

IHateMMOs
2012-08-22, 05:14 AM
Will they allow multiple characters on one account and will they be on the same server?

Comet
2012-08-22, 12:36 PM
IHateMMOs - It's one character per server.

Anyone know if this article has been completed and posted some place?

IHateMMOs
2012-08-22, 11:46 PM
IHateMMOs - It's one character per server.

But can you have multiple characters per account.

Comet
2012-08-23, 12:06 AM
I think you can have multiple characters per account. It's just limited per server. You are also going to be able to transfer your character from one server to another if you wish but there will probably be a fee associated to that.

radarhead
2012-08-26, 01:26 PM
At Gamescom we had the honor of interviewing Tramell Isaac(T-Ray) about Planetside. We asked various Planetside communities for questions, hopefully you'll enjoy the results.
I personally really enjoyed doing this interview :).
Subjects covered:
-The visual design Ethos behind the 3 different factions
-Outfit logos
-Visual Clan Tag implementation
-Vehicle customization
-Regional server clusters?
-Hints at sever choices
-Original weapons from Planetside
-Their wishlist of features including
-Expansion plans
And mucho more.

You can grab it here: Episode 107 (http://www.gameovercast.co.uk/index.php?id=news&db3=107) or on ITUNES (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-gameovercast/id376203083) 49minutes in.

As for the competition that's mentioned, we ran out of time so will be doing it in episode 108.
Seriously awesome stuff they gave us to give away, can't wait, will put up photos in the next couple of days.

Hamma
2012-08-27, 08:50 AM
:thumbsup: