PDA

View Full Version : Gun models

Looopy
2012-08-13, 08:16 PM
Please correct me if I'm utterly wrong but it seems to me that the gun models look very similar, Not on a faction vs. faction basis but within each faction the guns from the different classes seem indistinguishable.

For instance from the videos I've seen, The default TR medic gun and the default TR HA gun seem to look very similar.

Is this just because they are using the early on guns? Is this because they want the guns from each faction to stay true to lore? Is this my ignorance and they are using the same guns?

I personally would love to see some awesome looking unique gun models.

If someone has pictures of the guns I'm speaking of and could link them thatd be great!

Thanks, thoughts?

Renegadeknight
2012-08-13, 08:36 PM
I maybe wrong because I haven't watched anything in a while, but I think I recall seeing that the medic for the TR was using a carbine variant of the normal rifle and this maybe true for some of the other classes as well. They are suppose to be adding other weapons though like the mini chain gun and jackhammer though so that should break up some of the similar weapons we are currently seeing.

Mauser101
2012-08-13, 08:43 PM
Does an M4a1 look similar to an M16? Does an AK Krinkov look similar to an AK47?

These are carbines.

Similarly the current US Designated Marksman rifle is based on the M16 and a Dragunov looks similar to the AK as well.

I'm hoping we'll see some sort of empire specific true smgs or pdws a well as a few NS weapons in future updates but I'm fine with what they've got for now. I'm also hoping that we'll see some disimilarity in the handgun models in the future. From the store screens we've seen there are several named different pistols for each empire but they're all the same model, or appear to be so in the store. I'm sure something is on the table for later in that regard. The NC in me needs an S&W model 500 revolver.

I haven't seen anybody rolling with the shotgun that is currently supposed to be in the game yet. I'm wondering if it's made it to this stage of beta.

Symmenix
2012-08-13, 08:58 PM
I've noticed it too.

Also, a lot of the images or art for the icons are placeholders of the standard TR rifle. I think that might also be the cause of some confusion..

SpcFarlen
2012-08-13, 10:35 PM
I really think they are place holders, because all riffles look the same. Sniper riffles, LMGs, regular ARs and Carbines. Its either longer/shorter barrel and or stock/no stock. So i think its just one of those things they will be adding later. Not to mention there are supposed to be more riffles for every class. Each one doesnt just get one choice for the class of weapon.

I dont really like weapons just looking like modified platforms of the other. It makes it harder to tell what someone else is using and if you choose the right load out after spawn. Plus its nice to look at something new when you unlock it, not just "oh the barrel has a groove in it... that means its different".

Looopy
2012-08-13, 11:01 PM
Does an M4a1 look similar to an M16? Does an AK Krinkov look similar to an AK47?

These are carbines.

This is what I kinda meant by the lore thing but I couldnt put it into words

I do hope we are seeing placeholders because visual feedback for upgrades has always been a big incentive for me

AThreatToYou
2012-08-13, 11:12 PM
They aren't all the same; they do look different. I think they all have basically the same receiver with minor visual differences in other places... probably because it would be too expensive to animate weapons that looked so different.

Geist
2012-08-13, 11:33 PM
I think it's mostly the lore perspective. I have no doubt that you'll be able to purchase guns that look very different from the original, they already said the models of the guns from PS1 might be available in the cash shop and those look vastly different from the current new guns.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Toppopia
2012-08-13, 11:55 PM
Also, if you are the only military force with no one to fight basically, all your guns will look the same because they are the same modal, just different variations of it. Like there will be the basic gun, then different versions. Like a sniper version, CQB version, carbine version, rifle version etc. So the TR are a refined military force and have only the best for their needs. I can see the NC and VS looking different because NC uses duct tape to make everyone from random junk, they are basically MacGyver but 1000 times not as cool. And VS integrate Alien technology into their designs.

So thats my explanation of why TR guns look the same. Could be wrong. Or the devs got lazy :lol:

Envenom
2012-08-14, 12:02 AM
The heavier HA weapons aren't even in yet. These could very well be place holders for all we know.

ShadoViper
2012-08-14, 12:05 AM
The heavier HA weapons aren't even in yet. These could very well be place holders for all we know.

This seems more than likely.

Vencher
2012-08-14, 01:52 AM
aren't the faction weapons all variants? like the TR has variants of its faction weapon in AR, Carbine, HAR etc etc

Bittermen
2012-08-14, 02:07 AM
They aren't all the same; they do look different. I think they all have basically the same receiver with minor visual differences in other places... probably because it would be too expensive to animate weapons that looked so different.

Yep Idk what you people are talking about.

Hunterzen
2012-08-14, 02:20 AM

This

Levente
2012-08-14, 03:56 AM
i dont mind if they look similar, but the problem is they sound crap.