PDA

View Full Version : The lore? I'm confused.

Mansen
2012-08-14, 06:15 AM
Edit: Just stumbled upon the lore section of the Planetside Wiki - It answered my questions :D

kazaboo
2012-08-14, 06:21 AM
Planetside 2 is a reimagination of Planetside 1 :) it is not a sequel or a prequel.

"Unlike a traditional sequel, PlanetSide 2 is not a direct continuation of the story of the original game. Instead, the game’s creative directors have chosen to write PlanetSide 2 as a “reimagining” of PlanetSide, complete with a detailed history of the first settlers to arrive on Auraxis and backstories for the three empires that are now at war over the planet. "

Mansen
2012-08-14, 06:24 AM
Yeah I read that first paragraph and went straight back to edit my post. You beat me to it ^^

Renegadeknight
2012-08-14, 06:26 AM
Planetside 2 is pretty much a remake of the original. As for the multiple planets in the original, that was because of some kind of warp disaster SOE introduced in the aftershock expansion. Each planet consisted of one of the continents.

Syphus
2012-08-14, 08:37 AM
Planetside 2 is pretty much a remake of the original. As for the multiple planets in the original, that was because of some kind of warp disaster SOE introduced in the aftershock expansion. Each planet consisted of one of the continents.

The Bending...but it was stupid and pretty much a waste of time.

Kakalun
2012-08-14, 08:39 AM
so no cloning and coming-back-to-life technology ? At least it seems that way from what i read.