PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Voice Chat/Squads

Mayowa
2012-08-15, 10:55 AM
Just curious is there in game voice chat in PS2 and who is it between, just squads? or more people ...

Secondly If I join the game will I be auto added to a squad or can I choose to join one with my friends ?

Suicidex
2012-08-15, 10:59 AM
Guessing: I'm sure there is squad chat. Idk about platoons, maybe platoon leader can talk to all. Also I'm pretty sure Outfit has their own voice chat.

And you choose squad or not.

MercDT
2012-08-15, 11:06 AM
There will be several layers of text/voip chat. So between squads, squad leaders, platoons, etc. There might be even proximity voip, which I'm hoping that it makes it into the final game.

Also, judging from the streams, there is an auto join squad button.

Boone
2012-08-15, 12:29 PM
If they don't add proximity chat they'll need to add a command/communication rose, which it looks like they are working on from the brief glimpse where it shows Higby requesting a ride.

RoninOni
2012-08-15, 12:32 PM
Guessing: I'm sure there is squad chat. Idk about platoons, maybe platoon leader can talk to all. Also I'm pretty sure Outfit has their own voice chat.

And you choose squad or not.

^Pretty much all this.

Squad chat is confirmed... squad leaders will at least likely be able to talk to each other, and outfits will also have their own channels of some sort.

There will be several layers of text/voip chat. So between squads, squad leaders, platoons, etc. There might be even proximity voip, which I'm hoping that it makes it into the final game.

Also, judging from the streams, there is an auto join squad button.

I want prox chat so I can whisper into an enemy snipers ear before I gank him with a knife :D

Mayowa
2012-08-16, 04:26 PM
Thanks alot :D

ringring
2012-08-16, 04:37 PM
TBH I fear proximity chat. :rolleyes:

QuantumMechanic
2012-08-16, 04:51 PM
Proximity chat may well be a double-edged sword. Personally I'm optimistic it will be used only for good and not evil. But only time will tell.

Wutpear
2012-08-16, 05:58 PM
It would be cool if the infiltrator class somehow had an ability to like encrypt/de-encrypt voice channels. What I mean is like if you don't have your squad voice channels encrypted the enemy can listen in on what you're doing or you can de-encrypt enemy voice channels that have been encrypted by other infiltrators. I feel like it could really add an awesome component of strategy based on intelligence.

But of course no one has to use in-game VOIP, and you can always type but still I would love to see something even just along the same lines as what i'm thinking - intelligence based strategy.

Comet
2012-08-16, 06:29 PM
Wutpear, cloak ahead of your main force like a real scout then report enemy locations and movement back to command.

zomg
2012-08-17, 03:33 AM
It would be cool if the infiltrator class somehow had an ability to like encrypt/de-encrypt voice channels. What I mean is like if you don't have your squad voice channels encrypted the enemy can listen in on what you're doing or you can de-encrypt enemy voice channels that have been encrypted by other infiltrators. I feel like it could really add an awesome component of strategy based on intelligence.

But of course no one has to use in-game VOIP, and you can always type but still I would love to see something even just along the same lines as what i'm thinking - intelligence based strategy.

Although this is a neat idea, it would just make the ingame VOIP much less used for anyone who has access to Mumble or whatever - even if the ingame VOIP was very good. So because of that, I don't really want to see anything like that, since I'd rather use the ingame system if it works well as it's always more convenient than using a second application.

Sunrock
2012-08-17, 04:24 AM
TBH I fear proximity chat. :rolleyes:

Proximity VOIP worked really well in APB.

Although this is a neat idea, it would just make the ingame VOIP much less used for anyone who has access to Mumble or whatever - even if the ingame VOIP was very good. So because of that, I don't really want to see anything like that, since I'd rather use the ingame system if it works well as it's always more convenient than using a second application.

I agree if the in game VOIP is done well I rather use that then a 3rd party VOIP. After have experience APB in game VOIP I would be very disappointed to find anything less in PS2.