PDA

View Full Version : Twelve Minutes of GameTrailers.com Footage

Hamma
2012-08-17, 06:22 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/1tx4bz/planetside-2-gc-2012--exclusive-beta-walkthrough--cam-

julfo
2012-08-17, 06:37 PM
Always nice to see some new (non-nda-breaking) footage :groovy: Thanks for this.

Dkamanus
2012-08-17, 06:42 PM
At least, one question I had was responded, about the day/night cycle. Seems to be on a real time basis.

Chrispin
2012-08-17, 07:05 PM
Oh no... What did you do this time Clegg

http://i.imgur.com/3zcDT.png

Dkamanus
2012-08-17, 07:16 PM

:confused:

Chrispin
2012-08-17, 07:22 PM
It's a sideways galaxy stuck halfway in the ground as it slides forward. This happens at the very end of the video.

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-17, 07:23 PM
Thank god, its about time that they release a video that shows a ton of gunplay. All the previous good gunplay vids were NDA breakers, lol. Until now it's been almost all flying/max/running around.

I appreciate higby's streams, but Its nice to see what it looks like when one infantry engages another with guns. Gunplay is looking awesome. Better than I expected so far. Hoping for even more though :P!

thegreekboy
2012-08-17, 07:32 PM
ahhhh so bright

but good

Dkamanus
2012-08-17, 07:41 PM
I gotta say, the greatest part is actually both armies bombarding themselves, TR on the tower, NC on the hills, and the night comes down. You seeing all that tracer, and, most interestingly, the amount of possibilities tied to this type of situation.

RoninOni
2012-08-17, 08:07 PM
At least, one question I had was responded, about the day/night cycle. Seems to be on a real time basis.

no....

It's on a timescale.

I think 3x

totally guessing tho :D

But def timescale... it'll be between 2-6 cycles per day I'd imagine... with 3 8 hour cycles seeming the most likely to me

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-17, 08:32 PM
no....

It's on a timescale.

I think 3x

totally guessing tho :D

But def timescale... it'll be between 2-6 cycles per day I'd imagine... with 3 8 hour cycles seeming the most likely to me

I think he means that it happens in real-time as battles are happening, not that it follows a 24 hour cycle.

RoninOni
2012-08-17, 08:34 PM

well of course it does. How else would it work?

What I'm hoping is different timezones on the continents... which seems quite likely I'd imagine

JADO
2012-08-17, 08:43 PM
Shame about the low res.

RoninOni
2012-08-17, 08:46 PM
Shame about the low res.

It's recorded off a screen I think, not vid capture

JADO
2012-08-17, 08:54 PM
It's recorded off a screen I think, not vid capture

Yeah i know but it doesn't do the game any justice by capturing game footage like this.

Kitsune
2012-08-18, 12:52 AM
I gotta admit, the long ranged fights make me concerned about the vanu. If you don't know, Vanu weapon and vehicle damage decreases more and more the further the target is, in return for no bullet drop. It makes me concerned how valid Snipers and Bombardment is, as they also don't have the highest armor or damage, just mobility.

Add that all together wand what are they, bees? Close ranged highly mobile but easily killed?

Anyway, it's really cool to see some solid gameplay. When he snuck up next to 3 TR guys, he shot then threw grenades, which was a mistake xD But it was really really cool to see the NC moving from rock cover to rock cover because of all the firepower coming from the base.

IHateMMOs
2012-08-18, 02:15 AM
Buffering... Is YouTube a sin?

Ruffdog
2012-08-18, 02:49 AM
Thanks for post

08:11 - 08:20 Matt talks of non-MAX infantry self-healing by crouching ? :confused: Really?

adddemon
2012-08-18, 02:50 AM
Thanks for post

08:11 - 08:20 Matt talks of non-MAX infantry self-healing by crouching ? :confused: Really?

crouching is good for your health.

RoninOni
2012-08-18, 03:44 AM
Thanks for post

He's talking about crouching behind cover to regen shields.

MAXes have armor instead. More resilent to small arms I think, weaker to AT, and no shields/regen (needs repair by engy)

I've come around... I don't think MAXes should have a CD but a resource. Like quad cost... real small. Infantry will be buying nades too so it's kinda fair.

SexyTRex
2012-08-18, 06:31 AM
It may be a cam but I'm getting the PS2 shakes and need my fix.

Shogun
2012-08-18, 07:40 AM
great new info in there!

the crown! just look at this beast of a tower and its psition on top of a hill!
with powerful turrets attatched!

it really shows that every inch of the maps is handcrafted with gameplay in mind! and it sounded like this isn´t even a "real" base. it´s just a tower. great stuff!

Nordan
2012-08-18, 08:17 AM
Yay, real time day and night cycle. Makes it feel a bit more authentic imo.

Thank god, its about time that they release a video that shows a ton of gunplay. All the previous good gunplay vids were NDA breakers, lol. Until now it's been almost all flying/max/running around.

I appreciate higby's streams, but Its nice to see what it looks like when one infantry engages another with guns. Gunplay is looking awesome. Better than I expected so far. Hoping for even more though :P!

Lots of gunplay in the E3 streams, you can find them on youtube. They are of poor quality though.

Noon
2012-08-18, 08:31 AM

Can't believe more people didn't comment on this, it had me :rofl:.

Dkamanus
2012-08-18, 01:13 PM
I think he means that it happens in real-time as battles are happening, not that it follows a 24 hour cycle.

No, actually is as if it follows the 24h cycle =P

3 8h exchange between day and night? At least its a lot. I was afraid that it would be something like 1h or something. Its good enough =D

Looopy
2012-08-18, 04:10 PM
Besides the quality of the video this is some of the best footage weve seen of large battles

So... im guessing to continents are out in beta then? ive never seen this one

Meriv
2012-08-18, 04:56 PM
Quite happy with the video, finally I can see someone that is reaching the top of the hill :) I am not a sniper but if I would be one I would be sniping the two warfaring factions from the other side of the bridge or from valley etc..etc.. From the sides.

I think we will see that tower quite a lot.

IMO I would like some debris to stay a bit more at least some minute and not dissapear instantly like they do now.

SexyTRex
2012-08-18, 09:11 PM
Besides the quality of the video this is some of the best footage weve seen of large battles

So... im guessing to continents are out in beta then? ive never seen this one

I believe it's the same continent we've seen but on the western side. In one of the earlier TB videos he flies all over the place and there's multiple biomes on the same continent.