PDA

View Full Version : Aoe Voice Over?

XxAxMayxX
2012-08-19, 05:26 PM
I know we will have Voice Over but it is my understanding u can only chat with those in vehicles or in your squad platoon or outfit. However if you wished to talk to a random allies could u do that. And could this be area of effect so if they're near u they will hear but if they’re not they won’t? Maybe this AOE chat could be heard by enemies as well as allies.

Just an idea, comment if u think it sounds good.
:groovy:

Kitaz
2012-08-19, 05:31 PM
How local is local? a small area in ps2 could have over a 100 people, would be a mess! sounds good on paper of course but i'd imagine it would be horrible to implement, even normal ingame chat in most games are choppy and laggy

Dagron
2012-08-19, 05:34 PM
This idea has been around for some time and i think it's interesting, but one thing i'm sure: enemies wouldn't hear you, otherwise f-bombs would become the new hello. ;)

Edit:
... a small area in ps2 could have over a 100 people, would be a mess! sounds good on paper of course but i'd imagine it would be horrible to implement...
Well, there's also that.

Toppopia
2012-08-19, 05:38 PM
And if enemies can hear you, everyone will switch to Team speak. I would like a chat that only high level commanders can use in a couple hundred metre radius of him so that he overrides everyones voice because we know the highest level commander has to be a skilled tactician that has something meaningful to say,

Arc
2012-08-19, 09:42 PM
are you kidding, do you know how many times i got onto ps1 and spoke on cont drunk off my ass lol

DaClabe
2012-08-19, 10:51 PM
Watching the 3 days of E3 on Youtube the in-game chat sounded 1080p crisp.