PDA

View Full Version : dead?

adddemon
2012-08-21, 12:50 AM
Not gonna be many left in the forums after today it seems.

After all the veterans of ps1 and people who could not wait and bought a sub to try it a few weeks earlier. how many are left?!?! :doh:

Ragnafrak
2012-08-21, 01:03 AM
I'm still here!

*chirp*

Toppopia
2012-08-21, 01:07 AM
I'm here. :cry:

But i can wait. I waited only 6 months, so i can wait another few weeks to 2 months, but my mid semester break starts this friday, would have been nice to play during it, oh well. Will have to wait till open beta now.

RSphil
2012-08-21, 01:23 AM
im here. :( and not expecting to go anytime soon :)

Toppopia
2012-08-21, 01:26 AM
Wait a minute.... now with all the vets and crazy people gone... we can finally come up with ideas that won't get shot down because they wern't in Planetside 1 :groovy:

Kain
2012-08-21, 01:40 AM
I'm still here (and still patiently waiting to get in!).

DarkMesa
2012-08-21, 01:41 AM
Not quite dead yet.

ParanoiaComplex
2012-08-21, 01:49 AM
You can all just get a twitter key and get in within a week or two.... Trust me when I say that the subscription cost of Planetside 1 was well worth getting into the second wave.

Or so I'm told.

Lavoieqc
2012-08-21, 01:54 AM
Im here too :)
But what are we gonna talk about?:groovy:

Toppopia
2012-08-21, 01:56 AM
So hows the weather in all corners of the globe that you guys hail from? Its cloudy and cold in New Zealand :(

Kakalun
2012-08-21, 02:01 AM
luckily my college starts a month later, so i can wait until it's our turn.

Renegadeknight
2012-08-21, 02:12 AM
I'll be lurking so I'm with you guys in spirit.

Timealude
2012-08-21, 02:17 AM
Wait a minute.... now with all the vets and crazy people gone... we can finally come up with ideas that won't get shot down because they wern't in Planetside 1 :groovy:

nope your wrong! ideas werent in planetside 1!

Darthkorr
2012-08-21, 02:19 AM
Still waiting here. I have an E3 key so Im waiting on that to get me in.

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-21, 02:25 AM
wait a minute.... Now with all the vets and crazy people gone... We can finally come up with ideas that won't get shot down because they wern't in planetside 1 :groovy:

yesssssssss

AtlantisThief
2012-08-21, 02:28 AM
Still here, waiting and sad.

Harasus
2012-08-21, 03:55 AM
Waiting with a lousy Twitter-key.

Toppopia
2012-08-21, 04:38 AM
Waiting with a lousy Twitter-key.

I have nothing to wait on except luck that i somehow get flagged, but since this doesn't seem like its done automatically like the other beta i was in (Black Prophecy) i will be in either the last wave or wait till open beta.

julfo
2012-08-21, 07:46 AM
I'll still post here :) And I don't shoot ideas down, cause I'm not a 3000 year old vet ;)

TotoDestroy
2012-08-21, 07:49 AM
Some of us Vets are still here for one reason or another, so don't try anything fishy.

WE'RE HERE AND WE'RE WATCHING!!!

VaderShake
2012-08-21, 08:00 AM
Jsut hoping to get in before Labor Day weekend in the USA, nice long weekend of PS2 beta would be grand.

The length of the beta is what I am interested about more than anything...we have not even seen vids of the other contenents and they have not been open to beta testing yet either, I would thinkg and hope that would be part of the process.

I'm most curious about hte Ice Contenent and if it's going to fry my eye balls out staring at a stark white landscape or how it will look. Also how are they doing a jungle type contnent without water??? So many questions.....

Hamma
2012-08-21, 09:05 AM
Honestly it really sucks. NDA's totally kill fan sites because now nobody can talk about what we have been discussing for a 1.5 years on this forum and are all forced to post in the troll infested official forums.

All we can do is wait for the NDA to end and hope the discussion comes back. Aside from that there's nothing we can do.

HeatLegend
2012-08-21, 09:05 AM
Still here as well. Im working all this week so hopefully I'll get in on the next wave cause the week after that is pretty free.

Double-post for Hamma!

Will SOE make new official forums once the game starts? Or is there any chance of them hiring you guys? Or something along those lines?

Hamma
2012-08-21, 09:08 AM
You can not only see the issue in our who's online but also our traffic overall.

http://www.hamma.ws/m/Screenshot2012-08-21at9.07.08AM.png

There was a spike yesterday as people came to see what was going on with beta, the next week will feature even more declines.

Hamma
2012-08-21, 09:09 AM
Heat,

I have no desire to partner with SOE for official forums. There will definitely be public official forums no doubt about that but the only thing killing us now is the dumb NDA.

Nordan
2012-08-21, 09:12 AM
Honestly it really sucks. NDA's totally kill fan sites because now nobody can talk about what we have been discussing for a 1.5 years on this forum and are all forced to post in the troll infested official forums.

All we can do is wait for the NDA to end and hope the discussion comes back. Aside from that there's nothing we can do.

Is there any real point to NDA once the masses starts to get their hands on the game anyway? I've already watched about three streams on twithTV that lasted a few hours both.

Hamma
2012-08-21, 09:13 AM
Honestly? I think there is zero point to the NDA at this point in time. It should have ended with Tech Test.

CidHighwind
2012-08-21, 09:16 AM
nope your wrong! ideas werent in planetside 1!

IDEAS WEREN'T IN PLANETSIDE 1 WHAT A TERRIBADROFLAWFUL IDEA!!!.

Sorry for the troll. was too easy.

And yes, some of us vets are still here. Just because a beta has started doesn't mean we've vaporized ourselves and don't want to visit the best community site out there :-). :groovy:

Nordan
2012-08-21, 09:21 AM
They give any idea yet when that will be?

Probably when the beta opens up for everybody, and maybe when it opens up for key-holders

OnexBigxHebrew
2012-08-21, 09:29 AM
I agree about the NDA. We've seen so many developer, event and press streams at this point that we're all very familiar with what the game has to offer and a lot of its current bugs.

I seriously hope this isn't about trying to keep bugged max animations off youtube. We've all seen it SOE, just fix it. Lol.

Nordan
2012-08-21, 09:34 AM
Well, my theory is that they want to use the NDA as a way to make the beta testers feel like this is a real beta where the feedback matters. Many companies use beta solely as a way to market their game.

Arcsilver
2012-08-21, 09:37 AM
Im still here...not really a big deal though because i still need to go out and get the new computer i plan to buy. My friend has a key and suspects he will be able to play it, so I'll just go to his place :p

andehh
2012-08-21, 09:51 AM

Hahaha, that cracked me up!

I'm still here, their forums don't support tapatalk and I hate forums that don't use it so during work/my mobile I'll still be a regular in here. NDA will prevent me from saying my h though, but I can still join in with stuff here!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Poser
2012-08-21, 10:10 AM
The problem is the bloodly NDA. People will be back in time.

Canaris
2012-08-21, 10:35 AM

that's the stupidest idea I've ever heard, yes I came all the way back here just to say that ;)

p.s. I prefer Hamma's brand of forum justice to SOEs

JADO
2012-08-21, 10:39 AM
I've had my key since June and know that I'm not gonna be in the beta for another 2 weeks but that doesn't stop me from checking my email accounts 30+ times throughout the day.

Boone
2012-08-21, 10:42 AM
I won't be playing Beta for a few reasons.

1 - Waiting for the game to release, give it a couple weeks (feedback, let factions stable out a little, patch or two), figure out what kind of PC I want to build (if it will even be worth it). Don't have capable PC at the moment. I've come to the realization that most games that release with straight multiplayer (MMO and FPS alike) usually have issues come launch/first few days.

2 - I don't want to burn myself out on the game during Beta. A good example would be DUST 514. Currently playing the Beta, but it's been going on now for months, and probably will for a little longer. It's a good game, not great. I expect Planetside 2 to be great.

3 - Beta's can be frustrating as hell to be honest.

Lavoieqc
2012-08-21, 10:55 AM
I won't be playing Beta for a few reasons.

1 - Waiting for the game to release, give it a couple weeks (feedback, let factions stable out a little, patch or two), figure out what kind of PC I want to build (if it will even be worth it). Don't have capable PC at the moment. I've come to the realization that most games that release with straight multiplayer (MMO and FPS alike) usually have issues come launch/first few days.

2 - I don't want to burn myself out on the game during Beta. A good example would be DUST 514. Currently playing the Beta, but it's been going on now for months, and probably will for a little longer. It's a good game, not great. I expect Planetside 2 to be great.

3 - Beta's can be frustrating as hell to be honest.

THIS.

Ive been playing in some betas and its a lot of time very frustrating because of the bugs and lags. 90% of the time I ended not playing after the beta when the game released but well these games were not Planetside 2 :D

Have been trying to get a key on twitter for days with no success (pretty frustrating experience I must say, first time I beg for something XD). Well the 3 things you said are exactly what comfort me at the moment.

If a at least there wasnt that NDA thing (come on lets be honest, almost the majority of players really following PS2 development are now in the beta, and only huge fans like us still follow a PS2 dead forum. who cares we see people playing and talking about bugs and gameplay, ive been waiting for this game since the first Planetside, im gonna play the hell out of it anyway) I could spend some of my time watching vids and talking about the game. :(

Boone
2012-08-21, 11:17 AM
THIS.

Ive been playing in some betas and its a lot of time very frustrating because of the bugs and lags. 90% of the time I ended not playing after the beta when the game released but well these games were not Planetside 2 :D

Have been trying to get a key on twitter for days with no success (pretty frustrating experience I must say, first time I beg for something XD). Well the 3 things you said are exactly what comfort me at the moment.

If a at least there wasnt that NDA thing (come on lets be honest, almost the majority of players really following PS2 development are now in the beta, and only huge fans like us still follow a PS2 dead forum. who cares we see people playing and talking about bugs and gameplay, ive been waiting for this game since the first Planetside, im gonna play the hell out of it anyway) I could spend some of my time watching vids and talking about the game. :(

I hope SOE ramps up marketing a few weeks before release. I'm reading articles regarding "Best F2P games at Gamescom", etc. Nothing related to Planetside 2. Nothing for the most part in general to be honest.

They didn't seem to have much of an appearance there, then again I don't know what the "major" conferences are. I hear a lot of people just hate E3 nowadays, unless they just plan on going the word of mouth route (just don't waste money on CGI trailers).

Of course you have Gamebreaker who are looking forward to the game but don't know that the gameplay trailer was made a while ago (they were complaining about animations) as most people probably don't. I guess the animations could still need some work though to be honest. Didn't really seem to bother me because I'm aware they might have to sacrifice some things to be able to pull off what they want to pull off.

sameer
2012-08-21, 11:36 AM
meh, when the twit people get in (me) then this forum will be really dead.

Griffevent
2012-08-21, 11:44 AM
Ok there's a NDA. But the lack of stream/videos/any info from SoE is really disappointing.

Lavoieqc
2012-08-21, 11:45 AM
meh, when the twit people get in (me) then this forum will be really dead.

Lol, talking about twitter people, I just received a twitter key minutes ago :rofl:, does somebody know when these are allowed in the beta?

sameer
2012-08-21, 11:56 AM
Lol, talking about twitter people, I just received a twitter key minutes ago :rofl:, does somebody know when these are allowed in the beta?

If I remember correctly, within 2 weeks or so. Dont remember properly, so dont quote me or ask for sources.

Roidster
2012-08-21, 12:16 PM

+1 ,what this guy said :D,man its bad over on the troll infested forums

HeatLegend
2012-08-21, 12:17 PM
Yeah I heard 2 weeks as well. Unless something bad goes down we can expect to get in pretty soon.

They said all Vets would get in within the first two weeks of beta and the Keys would get in sometime within 2 weeks from there.

Comet
2012-08-21, 12:28 PM
Smed also said the two week time frame for key holders is a guess. At the same time though, he has also said "hopefully sooner" when someone asked him about getting in within 2 weeks.

I guess short answer would be (see what I did there?).... dunno but use 2 weeks as a rough estimate.

Comet
2012-08-21, 12:45 PM
I know you're correct WildVS. Honestly, I think it's refreshing for some people to just be able to play with the guns and look at the amazing world. It would help curb some of the digital crack addiction that most of us obviously suffer from.

*twitches*.... what are you looking at SWAN!?

adddemon
2012-08-21, 12:59 PM
If I remember correctly, within 2 weeks or so. Dont remember properly, so dont quote me or ask for sources.

this was speculation honestly, its probably true, but i think it was a number pulled out of a hat "because that's how long it took the last wave to get in"

Poser
2012-08-21, 01:02 PM
Ok there's a NDA. But the lack of stream/videos/any info from SoE is really disappointing.

I agree. SOE doesn't seem to know how to "sell" a game. The game is currently in early beta so I understand why don't want to allow live streams and such, but there hasn't been a proper video done in weeks.

Comet
2012-08-21, 01:11 PM
They just released a new gameplay styled trailer at Gamescom. I would like to see more goodness though. There was lots leading up to the tech test.

adddemon
2012-08-21, 01:14 PM
I like to imagine SOE sitting around at the promotional table going:

"Well, we could get word out there on ad-sense or something......
OR *big grin* we could add more stuff into the game and rely on word of mouth!" (cheers and applause).

Then higby says something like "I got this" and then the livestreams were born.

Rico Suave
2012-08-21, 01:22 PM
Well, I've been playing the Ghost Recon Online beta, it's fun.
Waiting to get into the World of Planes beta.
And I tried playing BF3 again and my first thought was "I thought there would be hundreds of people" before I realized.... wrong game.

Ah well, patience is a virtue and all that other crap.

Gore
2012-08-24, 06:27 AM
If you wanna see something alive head over to the gta 5 forums, they're going bonkers with speculation and supposed new screenshots being released today.

Jokurr
2012-08-24, 09:33 AM
I am here... though I am a little late hoping onto the PS2 bandwagon. :)

CyclesMcHurtz
2012-08-24, 05:10 PM
Can I just pop in here and say this my first post in this thread? Because all the COOL people still post here.

Can I just pop in here and say this my first post in this thread? Because all the COOL people still post here.

Word!

Captain1nsaneo
2012-08-24, 05:55 PM
I'm just here for the dev posts.

Hamma
2012-08-24, 07:17 PM
Lies.

Envenom
2012-08-24, 07:54 PM
RIP Hamma

Hamma
2012-08-25, 01:32 PM
I'm not dead yet.

Meriv
2012-08-25, 04:58 PM
OMG I had to come back.

45 min in ps2 forum and I was going crazy, caos everywhere, it was impossible to read, had to come back to PSU for a bit of mental sanity ......

THANKS HAMMA FOR YOUR AMAZING FORUM :D:D

WaryWizard
2012-08-25, 04:59 PM
RIP Hamma

does this mean we get a new Hamma?

DarkMesa
2012-08-25, 11:56 PM
does this mean we get a new Hamma?

Yes, I saw him respawn in the live stream, so we definitely have a new one.

Hydra
2012-08-26, 12:51 AM
There are so many idiots in the Official PS forums its insane, and even as a TR loyalist I feel kinda bad for the all the Vanu players and what they are going through; but yea I'm not going anywhere.

Flaropri
2012-08-26, 12:58 AM
NDAs exist for a reason (well, several reasons, but not all of them all at once usually), but it is a shame that it often kills traffic to (relatively) public sites. On the other hand, if the official forums are as bad as reports state (currently and by the time the NDA is lifted) I'm sure many people will come back to gush/bitch/laud or whatever.

Plus I assume (pending resolution of technical issues) Hamma and the others will still be putting out their own videos and webcasts... only with actual data and (after NDA lifts) up-to-date game footage rather than speculation and vague descriptions or old pieces scraped together from old press builds. I'd imagine that most people will discuss such things on the conveniently placed forums.

Hmr85
2012-08-26, 09:49 AM
I'm still here lurking in the background.:dance:

CyclesMcHurtz
2012-08-26, 10:22 AM
I assume the dance you do is the ADAD two-step?

[Sent from the outskirts of the Oort cloud]

Alderego
2012-08-27, 03:44 AM
If only the NDA would allow talking about stuff. I could understand a vid/pic block, but just being allowed to talk about stuff would already solve so much :(

And yeah, the official forums are not so nice a place atm: trolls, trolls, the occasional whine thread and once in a while a helpfull one. (but good luck finding it again 5 minutes later, it'll be spammed of the first 5 pages by the other threads)

still, lurking here as well. Don't trust myself too much on breaking the NDA atm: stuff just slips so quickly sometimes :/

Reizod
2012-08-27, 08:59 AM
that's the stupidest idea I've ever heard, yes I came all the way back here just to say that ;)

p.s. I prefer Hamma's brand of forum justice to SOEs

This^^^

Hamma is absolutely right when he says the official "beta" forums are full of trolls. I would prefer to post here at PSU, but again, the dang NDA! :mad:

Hamma
2012-08-27, 09:17 AM
Before you know it we will be discussing beta on this forum. ;)

bullet
2012-08-27, 02:12 PM
I can't stand the official forums now. It was some what ok with the original beta testers, but now its just an insane troll and whine fest. I honestly played forumside more than the game trying to justify certain things, it was no use.

Aaron
2012-08-30, 01:30 PM
This place is too cool to be dead. All of the good stuff is still going to end up right here.

Morsong
2012-08-30, 05:21 PM
To my experience with all other games, official forums are a pain in the neck most of the time. I love the fansite forums betters since most of the trolls and whiners post on the official forums so they can be recognized by the devs easier.

I remember before WAR hit shelves I was a member of Warhammer Alliance. Fantastic forums. The devs of the game stated that there would never be official WAR forums because official forums sucked...something along those lines. Then EA pretty much forced them to do so, and of course when they did make official forums all the psychos seemed to go there.

That is just my experience though. Long live PSU!! (and I'm new here!) :cool:

Baneblade
2012-08-30, 07:33 PM
Technical Difficulties.

FortySe7en
2012-08-30, 07:37 PM
I've been in game for weeks and I'm still here.

wraithverge
2012-08-31, 08:48 AM
haven't left, just can't talk about a lot of things.

Hamma
2012-08-31, 01:37 PM
Looks like "dead" won't be valid anymore ;)

Canaris
2012-09-01, 02:29 AM
Looks like "dead" won't be valid anymore ;)

Been waiting to use this one on this thread :D

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22489608.jpg

Hermes
2012-09-06, 05:27 PM
I've been cheating on PSU with the official forums since tech test...

I'm sorry. It's not you it's me.

Perhaps a threesome?

Serpent
2012-09-06, 06:00 PM
Not dead, just lurking more than being active... lol

Craftyatom
2012-09-06, 06:26 PM
Still here, probably gone tomorrow though.

Hopefully :P

Perhaps a threesome?
I'm in.

Ouroboros
2012-09-06, 06:39 PM
I'm in.

It's not gay if it's in a three-way.

Hamma
2012-09-06, 07:14 PM
:brow:

DarkMesa
2012-09-06, 10:50 PM
I trust we will prove rather difficult to kill.

zzzornbringer
2012-09-07, 06:11 AM
i just got here, it can't be dead already. :D