PDA

View Full Version : Confidentiality - No yt videos allowed?

fuerchter
2012-08-25, 04:05 AM
Excerpt from the EULA:
9. CONFIDENTIALITY DEFINED: “Confidential Information” means any and all information relating to or contained in the Beta Software and Beta Program including, without limitation, information relating to: (v) any screenshots, videos, audio or other representations of the Beta Software by you, someone else or SOE;

10. CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS: You acknowledge and agree that [...] you shall keep the Confidential Information in confidence and shall not publish, disclose, or otherwise make available, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information to any third party except as allowed by SOE under the Beta Program.

This basically means, that I'm not allowed to make any youtube videos or stream anything of the game, right? Or may someone explain this to me? :S

ringring
2012-08-25, 04:09 AM
While the NDA is in place it means no videos no screenshots, nothing.

Unless you have been given specific permission to do this, example is Hamma himself and some gaming magazines.

This changes once the NDA is lifted which Hamma things may be soon.

fuerchter
2012-08-25, 05:45 AM
Where can I read it first when the NDA is lifted? Here on the forums?

HeatLegend
2012-08-25, 06:24 AM
Where can I read it first when the NDA is lifted? Here on the forums?

When the NDA is lifted you'll get to know it from whatever Planetside-related source there is, believe me ;) So in other words yes; if you stick to these forums you'll know as soon as it breaks

Rabaan
2012-08-25, 10:39 PM
what about raptr? having it automatically track my gaming in ps2 doesn't breach nda does it?

HellsPanda
2012-08-26, 04:09 AM
When your bound by an NDA, even speaking of the NDA is a violation of the NDA, since you cant admit to having signed it. Since that would show you are in the Beta.

Zulthus
2012-08-26, 05:16 AM
Kind of sucks too seeing how there are quite a few people putting up montages of PS2 gameplay and they aren't getting taken down.

Sunrock
2012-08-26, 05:44 AM
Excerpt from the EULA:

This basically means, that I'm not allowed to make any youtube videos or stream anything of the game, right? Or may someone explain this to me? :S

Yes if you don't have got any special deal with SOE it does.

Hamma
2012-08-27, 08:45 AM
That is correct you cannot stream or record video to share until the NDA is lifted.

Boone
2012-08-27, 11:45 AM
Do it and see what happens. Obviously there is footage right on Youtube that has yet to be taken down that isn't from Hamma or Higby.

kidwithstick
2012-08-27, 02:08 PM
Technically I dont think your even supposed to acknowledge the fact that your even participating in the beta right now... But this is probably one of the loosest NDA's I've seen.