PDA

View Full Version : Man I sucked at PS2

SkarBlade
2012-08-27, 04:20 PM
I'm not going to go into detail but I can say this, I suck at planetside 2 right now. I'm just so used to playing on a console with a controller. All I can do is keep trying until I get the hang of it again. lol.

DaMann
2012-08-27, 04:32 PM
dont use a controller. A m/kb is much better at FPS in every aspect. Still find a class you particularly enjoy or are good at and specialize in that area. Also if you are judging by your kill death ratio then this is not the game for that. Its about teamwork and conquest. Play the objective, stay with your squad/outfit, and communicate. Im not bad when I go off solo (may kill one or two people) but when I communicate and play with a group I constantly run out of ammo and need extensive healing.

SkarBlade
2012-08-27, 04:38 PM
dont use a controller. A m/kb is much better at FPS in every aspect. Still find a class you particularly enjoy or are good at and specialize in that area. Also if you are judging by your kill death ratio then this is not the game for that. Its about teamwork and conquest. Play the objective, stay with your squad/outfit, and communicate. Im not bad when I go off solo (may kill one or two people) but when I communicate and play with a group I constantly run out of ammo and need extensive healing.

Oh I know, I haven't been using a controller on the pc and it's hard to find teamwork because everybody tries to be the hero with the most kills lol. I was face to face with a TR solider and my aim was just horrible lol. Like I said I just got to get used to it again.

Pvt Badger
2012-08-27, 04:42 PM
Oh I know, I haven't been using a controller on the pc and it's hard to find teamwork because everybody tries to be the hero with the most kills lol. I was face to face with a TR solider and my aim was just horrible lol. Like I said I just got to get used to it again.

That's what a tank is for. :D

SkarBlade
2012-08-27, 04:46 PM
That's what a tank is for. :D

I drove my first tank today, I ran over a TR soldier and one of my own because he ran right in front of me. I'm not even going to bother trying to fly, I always sucked at flying in games like these. lol.

Pvt Badger
2012-08-27, 05:11 PM
I'm slowly trying to fly. I think I can maintain flight for about two minutes if I'm not shot at. A hell of a lot better than in Battlefield. I'd take off and hit the ground.

Sotonian
2012-08-27, 05:17 PM
I drove my first tank today, I ran over a TR soldier and one of my own because he ran right in front of me. I'm not even going to bother trying to fly, I always sucked at flying in games like these. lol.

That is something that really annoys me, idiots who walk near tanks then complain that they were team killed by them.

Galron
2012-08-27, 06:58 PM
dont use a controller. A m/kb is much better at FPS in every aspect.

This, unless as previously mentioned you are piloting a vehicle.

Or you can play an engineer/medic while you get better/play around with other classes. From the streams Ive seen the healing and repair guns/nades arent very aim dependent.

Best thing I have seen in this game so far is to be able to spawn any class type on the fly.

SkarBlade
2012-08-27, 10:02 PM
That is something that really annoys me, idiots who walk near tanks then complain that they were team killed by them.

I know. I hate that as well.

Ruffdog
2012-08-28, 01:19 AM
There's no shame dying to TR :)

Mongo
2012-08-28, 03:09 AM
I know. I hate that as well.

Whats even more annoying is playing an engineer and getting run over by people in tanks when your trying to rep them.

SkarBlade
2012-08-28, 10:12 AM
Whats even more annoying is playing an engineer and getting run over by people in tanks when your trying to rep them.

I done that once by mistake, I didn't know they were behind me. He/or she didn't say anything about repairing me.