PDA

View Full Version : Why you need to sign up for PS2 beta

Comet
2012-08-31, 11:43 AM
Share your amazing stories to inspire people to sign up guys! This game is unbelievable!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was setting over the NC warpgate while numerous soldiers loaded into Galaxies, Reavers, Vanguards and Liberators. My chat box lights up when I log on, it's a couple people I have been flying with over the past week. We all meet up in my Liberator and say our hello's.

The engines light up, the deep, gutteral hum gets louder as I take off and slightly tilt the axis of my wings to maneuver the massive ship towards Zuhvar (spelling?). The wings tilt parallel to the dry desert below us and the jets burst with a powerful thrust and a bright light as we straighten out towards our target.

We all look calmly at one another as the hum of the engine becomes hypnotic.

"ETA 20 seconds fellas - get those trigger fingers ready."

We've been through this before, we all know the drill. Soon, the sky that is so peaceful with glittering stars, shades of purple and orange would be filled with flak rounds, heavy explosions from the bomber gun and the rattling of tail gunner fire as we try to avoid our pursuers and bring death to those below!

The capture points of the base flash up on my screen, I am zoomed out in the 3rd person view... the bomber gun starts firing. The heavy recoil followed by the devastating impact of explosive shells litters the ground below us. It has begun. Experience points start to flood my screen. +15xp gunner kill, +15xp gunner kill, +15xp gunner kill.

"Crash" and his crew were giving air support to the couple of NC troopers and tanks that were rolling in and the VS **** well knew it. We had drawn too much attention to ourselves. As I keep us level and complete wide, arcing turns to ensure maximum bombing time, my recticle lights up!

"Crash! We got incoming Scythes x2 three o' clock!!"

I turn the rear of the Liberator towards the incoming Scythe fire so my tailgunner can get the best shot. ****! AA fire from the ground!

"I'll bomb the AA turrets! Keep us steady!"

Flak is filling my screen. Heavy booms start to make my heart beat faster as I do my best to stay disciplined and keep a steady course for my gunners. Scythe fire pitter pattering away and hitting us consistently, I glance at our life bar - 65%.

"Take out that AA NorthCo01 - I can't stay steady for much longer!"

BOOM! +15xp gunner kill!

"Got the AA!"

The tailgunner's chat name flashes on my screen!

"I almost gone 1 scythe but not sure if I can get both before we bite it!"

I had to make the decision right there and then. We had our run, it was time to bug out, land and repair. But first, we had to lose those two Scythe on our tail or become a flaming ball of wreckage that glittered the sky like a big firework.

"Evasive maneuvers engaged! Do your best to shoot them down!"

I tilt the axis of the wing to the left and start to descend rapidly while banking. Just as we start to dive, BOOM! +15xp!

"I got one!"

"Holy ****", I am thinking. We might just pull this off. My positive attitude was short lived as a large volley of Scythe plasma fire pelted our rear armour with massive consequence - 30% life.

I level the plane back out and start to gain altitude, trying to give the tailgunner a better shot. Black smoke fills my screen as I try to get my bearings. The sky is almost dark, stars scattered over my view. Would this be it? Our life bar continues to dwindle down with every plasma shot from the encroaching Scythe. Would this be the end of Crash and his crew? Like hell it would.

I grit my teeth before I type what could be our final transmission.

"Hold on fellas, we only got one chance to survive this...."

The chug of the tailgun continues to ring in my ears as our tailgunner tries desperately to shoot down the now smoking Scythe.

My crew had no idea what was in store for them. The flying had been good, the bombing angles and patterns were good, the tailgunner had had success downing fighters. It was now time to make this experience epic. It was time for the Liberator barrel roll.

The engine starts to struggle and go deeper as I rotate the Liberator heavily to the left. The bomber speaks up, "I can see the sky! Are we upside down?? LOL!" The tailgunner doesn't give up and keeps pressure on the Scythe despite his view rotating as we roll. Life - 10% It was now or never. We were now completely upside down as the Liberator started to roll back over to the right side. BOOM!

+15xp gunner kill!

"wwhhhhhhat just happened?!" The bomber shouts.

"We did it! We pulled off that crazy maneuver!" I type as we level back out. Fire is streaming from our wings, smoke is making it difficult for me to land safely. I look back at the tailgunner, I see the sweat on his brow. He speaks slowly, almost in shock,

"Captain... enemy Scythe destroyed. Two down. None to go."

Silence fills the ship as we slowly land in the desert. The faint beeping and warning lights are like white noise to us all as we come to a halt on the ground. We all exit the vehicle. It was there and then that a bond was formed. Brotherhood had been forged through battle and this was the start of something amazing... something legendary.

Once we repaired our Liberator, we saluted one another with steely resolve in our eyes. We took our positions and I took off once more to support our fellow NC troopers. I check my map and notice The Crown as a hot spot.

"Next stop - The Crown." I tell my crew. As the cliff that the main tower rests on entered my view, I started to climb. Red enemy markers filled the tower. I could see an NC ground force moving in and a galaxy approaching as well.

"Lots of targets down there fellas. Get ready."

My bomber whispers to the tailgunner and myself as we continue our approach, "For freedom my brothers..."

"For Freedom"

We all repeat as the bomber cannon starts to fire once more...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to the amazing crew I have had over the past 3 days in beta. Thanks to the following NC, I'm sorry if I missed someone, trying to remember all the great people:

Mcm - my first friend
Staggy
Spearreu
Goss
Martijn01
NorthCo01
Sincerly

I have seriously been laughing non-stop for 3 days playing this game. This game offers something that no other game has in quite sometime.

Hamma
2012-08-31, 01:38 PM
Awesome post! Great idea!

Bags
2012-08-31, 01:40 PM
I wish I had cool stories. 90% of my time is my friends and myself trying to get to a fight, getting there, and having it end.

:(

Uh, our sunderer flipped and exploded once. The end.

Papscal
2012-08-31, 04:45 PM
Great read, that long of a post usually puts me to sleep. Beta has been amazing so far. Love the infiltrator even though most hate it. Being accused of cheating fuels the fun.

Bittermen
2012-08-31, 04:52 PM
I had a similiar experience.

I was flying a liberator over one of the bases when we got rammed by a mosq. The liberator proceeds to barrel roll towards two large structures. I maneuvered the barrel rolling lib right in-between.... Reminded me of the opening quake 2 sequence... which happens to be where my name comes from...
Quake 2 Intro - YouTube

Papscal
2012-08-31, 04:56 PM
Wasent Bitterman Arthurs Butler?