PDA

View Full Version : Bolt driver is for drunken snipers

Raka Maru
2012-09-03, 06:21 AM
The title says it all. It weaves in a W pattern and then you click. I got the 12x scope and it got worst.

So now, not only do you gotta lead a running target, but then wait for the W pattern to line up and take into account bullet drop to hit him, in the kneecaps or wherever, then you gotta land another shot. :P

After 2 weeks, I got 1 headshot by luck today at medium range. He was standing still, probably looking at his map.

How I miss my old PS1 bolt driver. There, I said it!

Ryoji
2012-09-03, 06:35 AM
Feel for ya, ha - at least you don't have a little pew-pew... pew... pew... sniper rifle that does next to no damage and is inaccurate as firing a full burst from a Lightning like the VS (I mean surely it couldn't be user error). :P

Nausicaa
2012-09-03, 06:52 AM
If you hold left shift your character will inhale and the targetter will stop swaying for a short period of time

Ive played with all three sniper rifles,

VS - is pretty crappy at the moment mainly due to the shot arch above the targetting recticle meaning at midrange you have to aim for somones lower chest if you are trying for a headshot.

NC - i really like this rifle, though it quite tough to get any kills with it if the targets moving, though i can really see this being an utter nightmare in the hands of a skilled user

TR - by far the best rifle for a new sniper imho, easy to use, accurate, love it.

Electrofreak
2012-09-03, 09:54 AM
If you hold left shift your character will inhale and the targetter will stop swaying for a short period of time

Ive played with all three sniper rifles,

VS - is pretty crappy at the moment mainly due to the shot arch above the targetting recticle meaning at midrange you have to aim for somones lower chest if you are trying for a headshot.

NC - i really like this rifle, though it quite tough to get any kills with it if the targets moving, though i can really see this being an utter nightmare in the hands of a skilled user

TR - by far the best rifle for a new sniper imho, easy to use, accurate, love it.

I scored a headshot with a bolt driver on a target a few hundred meters away that was sprinting full tilt perpendicular to me other day, and damn it felt good. It felt like pure luck because I had to aim pretty far in front of and above him to account for bullet drop and travel time.

You have to miss an awful lot of shots before you connect with one like that, but it is certainly satisfying when you do.

Haro
2012-09-03, 10:06 AM
I really would like a rangefinder on sniper scopes, just to make compensating for bullet drop a little easier. Still, headshots with the bolt driver are SATISFYING as hell.

No if only I could pick up the TR's OP repeater, I'd be set.

Roidster
2012-09-03, 03:01 PM
press the shift key for steady shot

Alt T gives you range finder

and stop nerfing the TR sniper rifle,it does less damage now over long distance,i have found,and i have been playing TR sniper since tech test,and its getting harder to kill at distance,it has a lot of power at close to medium range,but no balls at long range

Sunrock
2012-09-03, 03:20 PM
The title says it all. It weaves in a W pattern and then you click. I got the 12x scope and it got worst.

So now, not only do you gotta lead a running target, but then wait for the W pattern to line up and take into account bullet drop to hit him, in the kneecaps or wherever, then you gotta land another shot. :P

After 2 weeks, I got 1 headshot by luck today at medium range. He was standing still, probably looking at his map.

How I miss my old PS1 bolt driver. There, I said it!

Hold shift to hold your breath. That will give you a stable aiming for a few sec. Just like in the Battlefield games.

Hamma
2012-09-03, 03:33 PM
I did not know ALT-T gave you a range finder.. very cool!

Roidster
2012-09-03, 06:19 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scopedog
2012-09-03, 06:27 PM

Does that work on other things than the sniper rifles?

FuzzyandBlue
2012-09-03, 07:18 PM

and stop nerfing the TR sniper rifle,it does less damage now over long distance,i have found,and i have been playing TR sniper since tech test,and its getting harder to kill at distance,it has a lot of power at close to medium range,but no balls at long range

I didn't know about the alt-t thing I'll have to try that.

I love the bolt driver, once you get used to the bullet drop you can drop enemies with ease. If you are going to start using it I would suggest getting a 7 or 8x scope. The default one is a little hard to use when you are first starting out IMO.

SixShooter
2012-09-03, 09:18 PM
Does that work on other things than the sniper rifles?

It seems to work for everything.

Raka Maru
2012-09-03, 09:25 PM
Wow, the shift worked! Thanks.

I'll try the Alt-T later on, thanks again.

Sunrock
2012-09-03, 09:36 PM
All I'm going to say regarding scoops... IRNV....

Roidster
2012-09-03, 09:37 PM
314 meters is about max were you can see a squishy

AThreatToYou
2012-09-03, 11:13 PM
I think the scope sway should be gone or we should be able to trade the scope sway for a less annoying cone-of-fire mechanic through a certified equipment.
But seriously, please give me a way to get rid of the scope sway... I don't care if I get a trade-off nerf, scope sway is extremely annoying.

Diehard
2012-09-03, 11:39 PM
I think the scope sway should be gone or we should be able to trade the scope sway for a less annoying cone-of-fire mechanic through a certified equipment.
But seriously, please give me a way to get rid of the scope sway... I don't care if I get a trade-off nerf, scope sway is extremely annoying.

Nah, scope sway is a standard feature for most fps games nowadays. Thats why there is 'shift' button for that

Salad Snake
2012-09-04, 12:03 AM
I don't think scope sway is going away, but I'm pretty sure they'll make a cert for longer hold-breath time, and I'm hoping they'll make a bipod for the SR & LMG. Though I'd be more excited for an actually-good LMG rather than a swayless scope.

khord
2012-09-04, 12:17 AM
bipod would be great.

Diehard
2012-09-04, 12:54 AM
bipod would be great.

bipod is useless if you cannot prone :(

Salad Snake
2012-09-04, 12:58 AM
bipod is useless if you cannot prone :(
Long-prong bipod. And railings. ;)

(Vanu would have a glowing anti-grav pad on the underside of their gun instead :p)

Roidster
2012-09-04, 01:27 AM
well being the sniper is the only class with sway,its kinda silly,all scopes should have sway

Raka Maru
2012-09-04, 03:28 AM
The deep breath shift key works, but it's so nauseating watching through the scope at all. How am I supposed to spot for long periods? I mean NAUSEATING!

Played my sniper half the day today until some idiot came right next to us (way up away from the fight) and set up a spawn beacon. I sent him a tell asking If he was trying to give away our position. Anyways...

If they don't get rid of this, that will be one class I will miss sorely as I will not be able to play it long, and snipers are supposed to be the patient, wait for that perfect shot type, which I am.

This isn't a round based game, we should be able to play all day as the class we like without seasickness.

Roidster
2012-09-04, 03:49 AM
having over 300 sniper kills so far,you have to be patience,and you have to have a good sniper hole,and there are lots of good sniper holes,you have to think out side the box and find them

Ryoji
2012-09-04, 03:50 AM
Long-prong bipod. And railings. ;)

(Vanu would have a glowing anti-grav pad on the underside of their gun instead :p)

Cos we're smexeh :P

Also hadn't realised the Alt-T thingy yet, that'll be very handy.

Scopedog
2012-09-04, 04:24 AM
Well the infiltrators aren't snipers one of their tools is a sniper rifle its gonna be sweet re-living the glory days of bf2 spec-ops permanent cloaking and c4 and carbine or shotgun yes please :fro: .