PDA

View Full Version : News: Incoming Special founders edition

Smed
2012-09-05, 03:46 AM
That's not the name but I'd like to solicit ideas here about what we can put in it. We have our own ideas but we wanted to hear other ideas. Please concentrate on digital stuff for now.

Thanks

Smed

Arkaiden
2012-09-05, 03:54 AM
-Classic armor pauldrons.
-BFR kill decals for your vehicles.

Hein Hoek
2012-09-05, 03:58 AM
Hello, I saw this and reminded me of Firefall.
All I would like to say is. Make it something that is not as silly as the founders pack of that said game.

This game deserves better then that.:love:

Snipefrag
2012-09-05, 04:06 AM
Make it something that will last, and be unique. Achievement/title or displayable medal of course. For me I'm more interested in what you guys are doing for PS1 vets? there will be something right? I like the idea of exclusive PS1 troop skins, 1 per empire :D

basti
2012-09-05, 04:06 AM
I actually think that Firefalls founder pack is rather awesome, but it wont fit at all for PS2.

As for PS2, well thats difficult.

For once, PS1 vet rewards (If you actually plan on having any at some point) and the founder pack seperated.
As for the actual content, hmm. A bunch of implants, some Station Cash, a special title. Thats the basic pack right there. Then maybe some gold plated weapon and armor skins (i would love to be a golden Max. :D), maybe even Gold skins for some vehicles ( a golden Galaxy?).

Cant think of anythign else really. In any way, it shouldnt affect gameplay, means no new weapons or vehicles or something.

TokyoZeplin
2012-09-05, 04:25 AM
For me I'm more interested in what you guys are doing for PS1 vets? there will be something right? I like the idea of exclusive PS1 troop skins, 1 per empire :D

Hear hear!

Emperor Newt
2012-09-05, 04:26 AM
Well, the obvious stuff like:
- Station cash (discounted. Like the 30 USD package gives you 40 USD worth Station Cash)
- An XP booster (please make it a player choice when to use it! In some F2P games those simply start when the game launches. That's bad. The player should have the freedom to choose when to use it)

Then the "gimmick" stuff
- unique skins only founders can get
- player title
- special badges/markings in the profile

And to be honest I would not go with the "founder tiers" idea, like having packages at 30, 50, 80 USD and so on. imho founders should be treated the same and there should be a single obtainable founders package that everybody can get. Those people who can put more money into the game can do so with station cash when the game launches. I just feel that being a "founder" should be the same for everybody. Not there being "founders" and "top founders" who get one time exclusive fancy stuff everybody else will never get because they do not have the money at this point.
Yes, that's very often the case but I simply think it's not fair towards other people giving the company money up front. It's not an issue post-release, but I feel it's a bit cheap pre-release, especially when there are exclusive items involved.

Mox
2012-09-05, 04:38 AM
I would buy if there is a exclusive bfr cert in it.

SpottyGekko
2012-09-05, 04:54 AM
A lifetime discount on Store purchases would be great :)

And some truly unique decal or vehicle skin, which will not be available to all players in the Cash Shop after 6 months... I'm reminded of the sunglasses that were in the Starwars Galaxies CE, which were totally unique in the game. You could spot a CE player a mile away. For the first 6 months anyway, then they were released to the general player base, because obviously they were just too "cool".

The goodies in the average MMO "Collector's Edition" or "Founder Packs" are usually only "exclusive" for the first few months (or even weeks) of game play. It would be really nice to have some cosmetic (and visible in game) perk that will remain that way for ever.

Ohaunlaim
2012-09-05, 05:42 AM
An exclusive voice macro or six declaring one's geezer-hood with references to the "old days", "back when real men fought", "when times were fiercer", and so on.

Digital medals, optional titles to add to character screens, unique uniform textures, access to discarded weapon models (not good enough to put in the store) and the like would be nice too.

Dagron
2012-09-05, 05:55 AM
What i'd like most would be unique cosmetic options (skins and/or models) to characters/vehicles/weapons but... no gold please, frankly it's lazy and a little tacky. Be more creative and a little more tasteful (no offense basti).

One skin i think would be awesome is some kind of "battle damaged" armor (like in the Space Marine game)... it could of course be done for vehicles (a vanguard with battle scars would look badass) and weapons (duct tape ftw) too. I feel it gives the impression that i've been fighting the good fight for a while now, which is adequate both for PS1 vets and for founders. ;)

Oh, and i agree that vets should get something more too (i'm not one of them, but if i was i know i would love a little something extra).

Stardouser
2012-09-05, 06:21 AM
How about as just one part of a founder's edition, some way of tracking outfits whose members buy it and the one who has the most founder's edition purchases gets a minor base named after them in a later continent? "Insert Outfit Name Here Peak" for example.

Also, what do 10 year EQ vets get? Kidding but actually...when it gets to SOE's 25 year anniversary, if none of your games have been running 25 years individually, what will those who are 25 year vets of one game or another get?

DaddyTickles
2012-09-05, 06:23 AM
Unique weapon variations, minor armor buffs, medals or somesuch geegaws.

If its about raising cash then give Orbital Strikes for $80.

Ipimpnoobs
2012-09-05, 06:43 AM
I hope by founder you mean people purchasing premium account pre-release.

Ideas as follows:
1. Mascot bobble heads for all vehicles (hood ornaments if there is no cock-pit view)
`VS gets mini purple, black and teal T-Rex bobble head

`TR gets a mini red and black K9 British bulldog (dedicated to their dictator leader Total Biscuit) bobble head

`NC get a blue and gold, "fight the power Fist," with a cowboy hat bobble head

2. Every helmet on all armor sets have a significant feature, showing everyone they were there from the beginning. Can be toggled off. (spartan mohawk, gold chain, glowy, bling etc...)

3. Founders gun paint pattern. Shiny GOLD or PLATINUM Diamond plated. Think super rich dictators with those gold and diamond ak47's in the movies. (Hellz yea basti!!!)

4. Founders emote of a holographic slave you can belittle, free from captivity or teach astrology stuff. (predicated upon faction choice...get it?) It is the future.....is it not?

5. Founders have an emote that affects all players around them.
`VS lift their glowing hands in the air as if praying to aliens while chanting

`TR instills discipline towards the crowd, everyone around them salutes and they all stand at attention (march count sound plays in the background)

`NC lifts his "fight the power," fist high in the air, the crowd claps and cheers." (pro football stadium cheering sound plays in the background) (cowbells, whistling, ohhhhhhh etc....) Think battle cry!
(any kind of movement etc... negates effects)

6. Founders UI in game pages like class upgrades, vehicles and map have the option of changing colors. Maybe mac/iphone white, like star wars or something. Think super clean but really futuristic.

7. Your forum name and picture get a founders icon, showing ur leet status in-game and out. It also displays a special icon in chat when u type.

8. All founders get a -5 second spawn to any one vehicle permanently

9. For each player a founder brings to the game and they buy premium, the founder is credited with one free premium month. Everyone else gets a discount.

10. All founders, are exclusively given stock options at soe at a fair discounted subsidized rate. =P what...I got to look after my own interests. Can't fault me for trying....sheesh.

:groovy::lol:

thegreekboy
2012-09-05, 07:08 AM
10. All founders, are exclusively given stock options at soe at a fair discounted subsidized rate. =P what...I got to look after my own interests. Can't fault me for trying....sheesh.

Can't stop laughing

anyways, your list is pretty great

Diehard
2012-09-05, 07:33 AM
I hope by founder you mean people purchasing premium account pre-release.

Ideas as follows:
1. Mascot bobble heads for all vehicles (hood ornaments if there is no cock-pit view)
`VS gets mini purple, black and teal T-Rex bobble head

`TR gets a mini red and black K9 British bulldog (dedicated to their dictator leader Total Biscuit) bobble head

`NC get a blue and gold, "fight the power Fist," with a cowboy hat bobble head

2. Every helmet on all armor sets have a significant feature, showing everyone they were there from the beginning. Can be toggled off. (spartan mohawk, gold chain, glowy, bling etc...)

3. Founders gun paint pattern. Shiny GOLD or PLATINUM Diamond plated. Think super rich dictators with those gold and diamond ak47's in the movies. (Hellz yea basti!!!)

4. Founders emote of a holographic slave you can belittle, free from captivity or teach astrology stuff. (predicated upon faction choice...get it?) It is the future.....is it not?

`VS lift their glowing hands in the air as if praying to aliens while chanting

`TR instills discipline towards the crowd, everyone around them salutes and they all stand at attention (march count sound plays in the background)

`NC lifts his "fight the power," fist high in the air, the crowd claps and cheers." (pro football stadium cheering sound plays in the background) (cowbells, whistling, ohhhhhhh etc....) Think battle cry!
(any kind of movement etc... negates effects)

6. Founders UI in game pages like class upgrades, vehicles and map have the option of changing colors. Maybe mac/iphone white, like star wars or something. Think super clean but really futuristic.

7. Your forum name and picture get a founders icon, showing ur leet status in-game and out. It also displays gives a special icon in chat when u type.

9. For each player a founder brings to the game and they buy premium, the founder is credited with one free premium month. Everyone else gets a discount.

I like no.10 :groovy:

Emperor Newt
2012-09-05, 07:33 AM
Also I like the Tribes Ascend "VIP" option that gives you a permanent XP boost one you invested money into the game. Of course not founders exclusive but that would also add to the package.

Cryofire
2012-09-05, 08:32 AM
I won't mind if they added a golden pistol, you can get one of those if you managed to get 50 people using a planetside 2 app thingy(marketing). I would like a title though. Or some sort of item that we can deploy and show stuff in a warpgate. And shiny stuff. Shiny vehicles and shiny armor and shiny...bling. And super secret community just for founders( Well I can dream, can't I)

MaxDamage
2012-09-05, 08:50 AM
I WANNA AN ROBOT OSTRICH PET THAT PROVIEDS 5% MORE GOLD.

Electricity nipples.

I will almost certainly pay for this, so I guess I should be more serious.

I'd still like there to be some kind of option to be a standard bearer, with an attachment on back, of regular troops and/or MAX units that shows a "holographic" faction flag.
I don't know what it would achieve other than making you stand out even more as a target.

The ability to glowstick dance (like Tabula Rasa (RIP)):
Ibizula-Rasa - YouTube

Tabula Rasa bases were nice. They had walls and doesn't afraid of anything.

Pullo
2012-09-05, 08:58 AM
My initial reaction is that it's premature to offer a Founder's package with so much content missing. As consumers, we don't know what will really be "important" in the the final version of the game so it's difficult to offer suggestions aside from the typical cosmetic/booster/title package. I'd like something meaningful for my cash - I just don't know what is meaningful quite yet.

SoE it is really in your best interest to a) substantially increase auraxium gain or b) significantly reduce upgrades costs so that your future customer base can test/get a taste of as much as possible on the menu. Aside from creating upgrade addicts, you'll also get much more feedback about upgrade functionality/balance.

PS - I looked at your Bullet Run Platinum package - that type of package is something that I believe will have success in PS2 if the offering is tweaked accordingly.

Exmortius
2012-09-05, 09:05 AM
if it's a physical item possibly the dog tags and maybe a unique poster something on those lines i would totally order. you could always include some of higbys fallen hair for the nc folks hehe. i definitely want a TR dog tag badly though. station cash and some special in game camo would probably be nice too that maybe only founders can purchase from the store. for vehicles, weapons, and infantry camo. hell even the old cr5 backpack would be cool.

oh cabbage patch emote only founders can do :D

Mastachief
2012-09-05, 09:11 AM
Classic (but updated) skins for armour and weapons from planetside1.

A pimped out fury (quad), so for tr stealth black with pin stripe red and gold wheels as an example.

A Merit/Medal that appears on the infantry armours.

A chunk of Auraxium (like a huge chunk)

A AMS

Stanis
2012-09-05, 09:15 AM
all, some or none of:

a small permanent XP boost (5%)
a small permanent resource boost (5%)
a small permanent auraxium boost (5%)
a personal transport vehicle on a significantly reduced timer (flash @ 5min)
a unique (founder) faction specific camo
initial auraxium approx in value to founder pack cost
start game with max resources (750,750,750)
100 certs

Importantly everything should be something you actually would use day to day.

On a related topic,
PS1 vets should get PS1 style armour/camo
PS1 verts should get 100 free certs.
Beta veterans should get 100 free certs.

(Added together this is still only a couple days worth of certs. but it makes veteran, beta players and veteran beta players feel on release that they got something!)

sameer
2012-09-05, 09:19 AM
The beta just started and you want a founders pack. No thanks. After a year in beta, I bought the Firefall's founderpack. Its really great. This game, too early in beta.

Saberr
2012-09-05, 09:21 AM
- Unique decals/camo skins for soldiers/vehicles would be awesome, nothing to fancy, but please no gold, we have more class than that.

- A starter bundle of station cash

- some physical model of an ingame vehicle/personnel

- A founder's title most definitely

- Any other cosmetic bonuses that will be allowed

- special quality Planetside 2 digital art wallpapers

Sorry for being very broad, but I have never played Planetside, but the video's of PS2 looks insane :P As long as we get our money's worth (not like some OTHER game company's premium release that was utter bogus *cough* starts with an E and ends with an A *cough*)

all, some or none of:

100 certs

Some of these might be to much(like the personal transport, we can't have anything that breaks balance) but I really like the idea of starting with full resources. Idk if the developers will agree on the permanent boosts, but I can't say that I don't want them :P

Kail
2012-09-05, 09:27 AM
A TF2 hat.

Baneblade
2012-09-05, 09:28 AM
For Founders:

A cloak, not a cape, replete with toggleable hood.

Merit + Title: Founder

Battle Standard of the Founder: Creates a small SOI that jams enemy radar and releases a regular pulse that has a chance to uncloak infiltrators within the pulse radius. Also gives the hex planted in the adjacency bonus as if one less enemy and one additional friendly hex is adjacent. Hex bonus does not stack.

Faction Symbol appears on Cloak and Battle Standard.

For PS1 Vets: (PS Subscription Accounts that predate the PS2 announcement)

If they buy the 'CE' then the Founder stuff is upgraded to Veteran-Founder stuff. Cloak and Battle Standard bear the symbol of the outfit the player is in. Cloak and Battle Standard have upgraded appearance. Merit/Title becomes'Veteran-Founder'.

Vet Accounts also get automatic name reservation on all PS2 servers permanently. But it is one off. One name, no changes. Any name conflicts will be first come first serve, but arbitration of peers should be possible if a name was reserved of a well established player in PlanetSide.

Vets also get their knife replaced with Cavalry Sabers, which are displayed on their hip when not in use.

SeanNewBoy
2012-09-05, 09:28 AM
Im with stanis for the most part. My favorite idea would special skins for the common pool vehicles. Founders would get a motorcycle than a quad, it would work the same, but just look different. Same for the other common pool vehicles.

I would not put in ps1 items, but leave those for special codes you could give to the ps1 vets for free, skins and such only they would ever have.

Gandhi
2012-09-05, 09:30 AM
Just throwing this out there, but a founders chat channel? Nothing so drastic that it splits the community, just an extra channel that founders can talk to each other in.

A fireworks gun, pullable from equipment terminals for 1 minute after a major base hack goes through.

The 'vintage' Planetside 1 voice macros would be pretty cool too.

Personally I'm not too hot on the idea of just throwing in a few founders skins for weapons or armor. The point isn't to show everyone else how awesome I am for having bought a founders package, it's to get a little something extra out of the game for myself.

derito
2012-09-05, 09:31 AM
If you implement horns for vehicles (please do it) then give founders a unique one or -even better- faction specific propaganda coming out of a megaphone.

I'd love to see founders explode in a shower of coins but it would be a little too much I guess :groovy:
A small -almost unnoticeable- coin noise when a founder gets killed maybe ?

Access to the name reservation service a day before other people.

If you plan to give a permanent xp/resources boost then make it small (like 5%) unless everyone can get it later.

Saberr
2012-09-05, 09:35 AM
A fireworks gun, pullable from equipment terminals for 1 minute after a major base hack goes through.

That would be so cool, they should add it just for the lulz. But make it appear more rarely than after each major base cap, otherwise it will get to old to quickly.

If you implement horns for vehicles (please do it) then give founders a unique one or -even better- faction specific propaganda coming out of a megaphone.

That gives me a great idea, something that should come with the stock game. A propaganda megaphone in each factions' sanctuary. Just like the megaphone in the USA base in Battlefield Vietnam, they can spout all kinds of funny propaganda about the other factions.

Masterr
2012-09-05, 09:43 AM
Something that can be used on that account for ALL characters.

I would hate for one character to have the founder's pack editions and for all the other characters to be left out. Hope it's account based and not character based.

TestyVenom
2012-09-05, 09:46 AM
Items I'd like to see available in every Founder's package (assuming there will be multiple tiers):
NOTE: I have marked each one with stars to show degree of importance (in my opinion). Three stars marks "highly important" and "must have" in the Founder's packages (each may be changed, but must be similar to what is stated). Two stars marks "interesting," "cool," and "acceptable;" I would be happy to have ones marked with two stars. One star marks ones that may be "controversial," "unimportant," and "not necessary," but do not exceed what is suggested in each of those.

1) ***One or two reserved character names. [reserved on all servers until player uses that name to create a character on any server]

2) ***All characters on the account with which the Founder's package is associated (always) start with (upon creation) an XP Booster (that is not automatically applied to the character upon creation, but is applied at the player's will).

3) ***Discounted/free one-month (minimum, may be tiered up in association with higher-valued Founder's packages) PlanetSide 2 "Membership" account status.

4) ***All Founder's packages come with a special re-skinned weapon (i.e. could be a re-skinned version of each default weapon for all classes) for all characters created on that account (forever) that is relevant to the Empire to which the characters belong.

5) ***PlanetSide [1] Veterans who purchase any Founder's package receive something special in-game for every character they make on the associated account. This could be a title and/or medal, or free Empire-themed vehicle customizations that are applicable to every vehicle that is in the game on release and any that are added to the game in the future. I just feel that the people who played PS[1] played a big role in the fact that there is a PS2 now and should be rewarded with something special (other than the early beta access) and something that will set them apart in the game without providing a gameplay advantage.

6) ***All accounts that have purchased a Founder's package gain instant access to beta (assuming packages are available before beta ends). I think Smedley said this would be the case for people who purchase a Founder's package, but I am not sure; do not quote me on this.

7) ***Special title/medal for all characters created on the associated account. This is separate from the PS[1] Veterans suggestion I have already made.

8) **Name (real name and/or character name of choice) in credits as a "Special Thanks" or "Founders Recognition." [Mechwarrior Online did something like this for the players who purchased their "Legendary Founder's" package, but I would like to see this for all tiers in PS2 if multiple options are available]

9) *All characters on the account with which the Founder's package is associated (always) start with 100 more Auraxium than the default amount.

10) *All characters on the account with which the Founder's package is associated (always) start with (upon creation) a resource Booster (that is not automatically applied to the character upon creation) that is either an Auraxium income Booster or a general resource income Booster.

11) *All characters created on an account that has purchased a Founder's package start with 5 additional Certification points. This is currently only enough to purchase one attachment for a weapon in an infantry class, so I don't consider this a "pay-to-win" action. It is also fairly easy to earn those 5 points quickly.

Some other ideas that other people have suggested which I like:

2. Every helmet on all armor sets have a significant feature, showing everyone they were there from the beginning. Can be toggled off.
7. Your forum name and picture get a founders icon, showing ur leet status in-game and out. It also displays a special icon in chat when u type.

I like #2, and it is similar to some things I suggested.

I think #5 would be really cool, but I would prefer it to be some kind of cheer, rallying call, or something of that sort. It doesn't have to be an animation, but even an audible chant/roar/cheer/shout that comes from all the players (specifically originates from each individual character) of the character's Empire within a specific radius (a rather large radius) would be nice to have. A cooldown of about 10-25 minutes for this would be nice because we don't want every player spamming it all the time (this is the only potential problem I see with this feature).

With #7, a simple status of "Founder" associated with the forum account would suffice, but something along these lines would be acceptable, but not important.

In regards to #8, it would be nice to be able to pick a specific vehicle for this to apply to (on each character a Founder makes). It's not a significant difference, but it shouldn't be, as that would be a "pay-to-win" feature. Five seconds is a reasonable deduction.

I really like #9. Any Founder who refers a player and that player purchases a month (or more) of premium PlanetSide 2 Membership for their account should receive at least a 40% discount on the next month of PlanetSide 2 Membership that they purchase. This discount should not expire until used by the account.

LexDecon
2012-09-05, 09:46 AM
As a PS1 Vet, and having played a variety of games and founded a variety of games. I.E. bought the founders pack something that has always irritated me about them is the following.

1. Re-colored standard items. If I want something to look different I'll buy that one item. I don't like "gold, silver, purple green blue, pumpkin, standard Items just to designate I'm purchased a founder package. Its still just a plain old standard item. Just colored differently.

2. "Vanity" Items. They are pointless as far as usability. Sure a Hulu girl would ROCK on my dash of a sunderer or GAL. But its pointless and more then likely going to get my sunderer/GAL blow up faster then it already does because I'm going to be paying more attention to the Hulu girl then driving/flying it. Not to mention could effect FPS.

3. Special Forum Sections. Alot of times they just aren't used, and when they are, they are full of stuff that doesn't really benefit game play.

These are my three biggest blahs.

For a Founders Pack, I'd like to see the following.

1. Customization ability. I'd love to be able to have some nonstandard Customization to vehicles, like in a previous post, a skin that is battle damaged, battle damaged armor, decals, camouflage patterns, anything that allows a little bit of a difference but doesn't make me stand out so far as some one will immediately target because I've got "Uber" stuff because I bought a founders pack. Not so much Vanity, But visual difference. No Sniper Checks please.

2. Leadership Certs. One thing I would Straight up pay for is having Leadership Certs. As an outfit leader, often leading a squad or more, having those type of Certs are a huge bonus. I'm more then willing to earn them, But having some sort of Leadership Perk or Cert in a Founders Pack would be an awesome incentive at least in my eyes. Even if its the ability to Cert one Leadership Cert Completely full.

3. One Time XP Boost Usage Item. Just like the Heal Grenades that are in game currently I would love to see a One time XP Boost or Auraxium Boost Grenade that you can toss near your squad so that they all benefit from it.

4. A Outfit Beacon, This Outfit beacon would have a once per day, use, allowing you the Founder/Outfit Leader to pick a location on the map, and drop your whole squad into that area. You don't have to be on the ground and place it, Basically its a Outfit only, Pick and drop on the map. In order to be usable You'd have to have a squad, if you do not have a squad it will not function.

5. Station Cash. self explanatory.

6. Laser Designator. I will give my left arm for a Laser Designator that is visible to Aircraft to do close air support/bombing runs with a ground spotter.

7. Field Command Options. In WWIIOnline they had a High Command, which helped drive the battle lines, helped give purpose and direction to the "Zerg", It was a submit an application and had to prove you where capable and go through a training program before you even where allotted field command.

Something I would love to see in PS2 is along this line. a High Command Function. By placing this in the Founder Pack, you'll reduce some of the issues of "just being high command because I killed a lot of people." When you purchase the Founders pack you receive a "Commission" this Commission opens up Certs to become a Field Leader, basically you have the ability through Forum and in game activities to help drive the conflict and shape the battlefield for your faction. It may not be the best idea to have it a buy item, but more of a submit an application type thing. But I do feel PS2 needs something along these lines.

8. Chem Lights. Right now your going :huh: but seriously think about it. Its unique slightly different. Can be useful but not something that would break the game. Having a Chemlight that you can use every so often, toss in a room, or even carry at night would be pretty cool. and Useful in a variety of ways.

9. GPS. We have a form of a Compass on top of the mini map if your on foot, (hoping they apply it to aircraft and vehicles as well) but what would be great is a Grid System, and if you purchase a Founders Pack you get a GPS that auto populates your current location and when you go into Map view it allows you to point and click grid locations.

10. Planetside 2 Challenge Coin. Military tradition, Units have always had them. I think if Planetside 2/SOE had a Challenge Coin, you'd see a trend of potentially outfits start having Challenge coins. To take it one step further having the ability to issue a "challenge coin" virtually from outfit to outfit would be awesome. I could see an Outfit leader giving an exceptional member a virtual challenge coin, or even giving one across faction lines for an exceptional outfit that did an outstanding defense/offense, showed excellent fighting spirit etc. Not so much an individual thing, but if you buy the Founder pack you receive a "Founder Challenge Coin" and the outfit challenge coin option.

This is all I can think of at the moment. If I think of anything else I'll add it to the list. Again this is just ideas I'd like to see in a founders pack/generally. My opinion and mine alone, I don't speak for any one else.

Thanks!

PurpleOtter
2012-09-05, 09:48 AM
How about patches indicating which server you played on (player select-able) in PS1. For example a "Campaign" Patch for Emerald ect......

How about the ability to hear the original Planetside music in game...

T-Ray
2012-09-05, 11:05 AM
How about a special "Auraxian" Edition of Planetside 2 complete with a copy of the art book and a 12" max suit figure of your faction choice?

How much would you pay for that? I'm not saying that we are doing anything like that at all. I'm asking for my own personal knowledge.

Smed is going to shank me in the hallway later for this ;)

SeanNewBoy
2012-09-05, 11:08 AM
How about a special "Auraxian" Edition of Planetside 2 complete with a copy of the art book and a 12" max suit figure of your faction choice?

How much would you pay for that? I'm not saying that we are doing anything like that at all. I'm asking for my own personal knowledge.

**insert futurama take my money meme**

Hamma
2012-09-05, 11:09 AM
I would totally pay for that T-Ray.. though I don't know how much... I'm not good at putting a dollar value on things. :)

Hosp
2012-09-05, 11:19 AM
If you follow Skyrim(I think) & GW2:

Your Standard edition would go 60
Special Edition 80 (Which just includes some in game stuff and maybe some art and/or CD extra)
Leet uber collector's Edition 120. (Includes the above + a couple other things + figurine)

J Baley
2012-09-05, 11:28 AM
I would absolutely love to buy the art book and 12" Max figure (TR of course). $50-60 price range. I have no idea what profit you'd make from that but it wouldn't break my bank account too badly.

LexDecon
2012-09-05, 11:30 AM

You make it a three way diorama between a Infiltrator, a Heavy Assault and a Max. Each a different Faction. and I'll easily fork out 150.00 Dollars No questions asked.

Nathaniak
2012-09-05, 11:45 AM
How about patches indicating which server you played on (player select-able) in PS1. For example a "Campaign" Patch for Emerald ect......

In a similar vein, I'd like a unique 'beta patch on the arm' skin on for all classes. Maybe the '2 on a planet'' from the Planetside " logo, with the 2 replaced by a beta sign (β) for beta testers. A different sign for non-beta testers, of course.

SGswift
2012-09-05, 11:47 AM
1.) For training purposes, the ability to shoot squad members with out getting grief.

2.) Esports arena mode 5v5 and 12v12 with ladder system (and rewards of some sort for winners), players from other Empires who spectate can bet there Aruaxium points on the squad there choosing.

3.) The ability to upload your clans/outfits logo to your armor.

Edit: Opps, I thought he was looking for general game play ideas

PoisonTaco
2012-09-05, 11:52 AM
ALL of the in-game rewards that are in the Facebook recruiting app.
100-200 free certification points. Enough for you to spend points and get some specialization from the get-go.
Station Cash for the store.
Other visual goodies.

PurpleOtter
2012-09-05, 11:55 AM
Planetside2 may be the first game I actually fork over the cash for the Founders/Premium Collectors edition.

Now if you were to start selling the faction dog tags with your 'toon's name, rank and serial number on it......and start selling actual patches/military style ribbons that can be displayed (nice shadow box on the wall anyone!)....

Ipimpnoobs
2012-09-05, 11:59 AM
How about a special "Auraxian" Edition of Planetside 2 ;)

Hey T-RAY! Did I tell you the art is crazy sick!? Well it is man!!!

Reading over what people expect and what your presenting without a price would not justify spending $149 which is the going rate for a collectors addition if that is what you mean by founders edition. Let's take a look at Guild wars 2's list https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/collectors-edition

Guild Wars 2 game
Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill*
Miniature Rytlock*
Golem Banker*
Chalice of Glory*
Tome of Influence*
10-inch Figurine of Rytlock
112-page Making of Guild Wars 2 book
Custom Art Frame
Art Portfolio and Five Art Prints
Best of Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack CD

This game was released on 8/28/12. You can see they put a lot of in-game items as well as art work and music etc....

Here is BF3 Premium 59.99 with all expansions (they divided their player base by the way)

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/premium-edition

I could quote so many games you would be mad at me for completely nerd-ing out but I think these two really shows player expectations currently in this market.

Games with NPC's will always get more money then pvp games it seems. With that said provided you implement aesthetics like emotes, taunts etc.. and make them exclusive one time only, I do not see why you cannot move a large volume $99 collectors additions. People are expecting this game to go platinum even in the current condition beta is in. With that said, to offset this high price it would be very wise to have items that cost 10 cents as well. Total biscuit gave this advice some time ago so I'm just repeating what he said. Those TR think they know everything!

Furthermore soe marketing is not strong enough imo, so I hope when you guys come to decide the package you really push it cause the game really is awesome. SWTOR-Titanic gorilla marketing should get you guys past your nut. I play helluva lot of mmo games online and a lot of players have no idea who or what planetside2 is. I'm like dude...do you even live on this planet.. its planetside for christs sake!

Oh and by the way founder sounds like I'm investing in a http://www.kickstarter.com/ company.

just my 2 cents

derito
2012-09-05, 12:18 PM
For a good hundred dollars it wouldn't be too shabby.
It would lack a dogtag though.

Rat
2012-09-05, 12:19 PM
Classic (but updated) skins for armour and weapons from planetside1.

A pimped out fury (quad), so for tr stealth black with pin stripe red and gold wheels as an example.

A Merit/Medal that appears on the infantry armours.

A chunk of Auraxium (like a huge chunk)

A AMS

OOOOHhhh...I like the idea of a pimped out empire specific quad.

ziegler
2012-09-05, 12:20 PM
Custom Decals/skins for vehicles and soldiers.

Like a flame job for my lightening!!!....

Permanent discount in the store that works in conjuction with every/any other offer.

Rat
2012-09-05, 12:29 PM
Custom Decals/skins for vehicles and soldiers.

Like a flame job for my lightening!!!....

Permanent discount in the store that works in conjuction with every/any other offer.

I read too fast...hadda do a double take, thought you wanted a rim job for your lightning:confused:

Aaron
2012-09-05, 12:44 PM
A sweet, sleek, personal jet/aircraft with some customization options. It would be fast, and would be able to dogfight and maybe drop a small bomb; also some abilities relevant to coordinating/leadership. However, definitely not overpowered. It would be mostly for saying, "Hey, I'm a founder" in an awesome way. It should not cause balance problems, but at the same time it should make ordinary players jealous.

zzzornbringer
2012-09-05, 12:49 PM
ingame currency, boosters, beta invite. plain and simple.

Ajax
2012-09-05, 12:53 PM
I think a title is important .... and it should be one that is truly due a founder.. a BETA tested founder...

it should be "Invalid String" ...

thats right ... i want "Invalid String Ajax01" above my head....

lol... jk... i think all the BETA crew will remember that for a while...

A unique something that says you were there...at the start...
-title
-skin
-camo
-decal
and a few freebees (auraxium and certs ) should do it

MgFalcon
2012-09-05, 12:56 PM
Baller status - Gold Plated everything

(But seriously the pistol needs gold)

derito
2012-09-05, 01:02 PM
Founder status shouldn't have any direct effect on gameplay. Vehicles or weapons with different stats would need to be subpar to be acceptable and things like slightly shorter timers would give an advantage (albeit small) that other players just couldn't get by playing.

Saberr
2012-09-05, 01:04 PM
Haha invalid string is a good one
My idea is the title of: Pioneer
That sums up what you are pretty nicely

Sunrock
2012-09-05, 01:08 PM
I personally never cared about social clothing in games... However I really like buying CE boxes with statues in them...

Tatwi
2012-09-05, 01:10 PM
all, some or none of:

100 certs

Importantly everything should be something you actually would use day to day.

On a related topic,
PS1 vets should get PS1 style armour/camo
PS1 verts should get 100 free certs.
Beta veterans should get 100 free certs.

(Added together this is still only a couple days worth of certs. but it makes veteran, beta players and veteran beta players feel on release that they got something!)

This is actually everything I was going to suggest for in game items, except for:

- "Founder" tag in the forums.
- Free access to Planetside 1 until it shuts down.

Thanks for saving me lots of time, Stanis! :)

I'd pay $150 for that, plus above in game things, TRay.

Pullo
2012-09-05, 01:10 PM
After reading through all of the great ideas here, there are some that appeal to me very much regardless of the final release (specifically how the store will work and auraxium gain):
Special motorbike - can't be armed, is faster than than the Fury (10% max) and can use the radar cert from the Fury. Price it at 40 resources (vs the 50 for the Fury).
A bundle of certs (300 based on the current 30/day accumulation rate)
Special decals for vehicles/armour - nothing that makes the user an easier target though
10% exp boost for first 90 days. 5% resource boost for first 90 days.

brighthand
2012-09-05, 01:12 PM
Player-created Outfit decals on uniforms and vehicles. There would have to be an approval process so that you don't see outfits running around with phallac symbols on their armor and guns- or a HUGE phallac symbol on their galaxies- yeah there would be penis everywhere if there were no approval process for sure, so you better take care of that.

/immaturity streak

Geist
2012-09-05, 01:25 PM

I've actually offered to buy an artbook of your concept art on twitter. :lol:

But yeah, I'd be willing to pay $150 for this plus in-game items if your willing to use this:

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/10/PC-Gamer-Issue-233-Planetside-2-subs-cover.jpg

for the TR MAX figurine. ;)

Mastachief
2012-09-05, 01:41 PM

Depending on the quality of the model (because lets face it the book can't go wrong) I'd pay aroun the $70 mark maybe. $150 seems high to me after all you are not purchasing the game (like you do with most CE editions.)

Lonehunter
2012-09-05, 02:21 PM
Access to the original waypoint graphic in PS1 (come on TRay you can do it!)

Some kind of unique skin or graphic, like a beret or no helmet at all.

Unique in game voice for macros

Mud tires with thick tread for ground vechs or a dif color afterburner for aircraft.

A Unique HUD of some kind

Just brainstorming

derito
2012-09-05, 02:25 PM
We're not purchasing a licence for PS2 but I would imagine a pack above a hundred dollars would include a substantial amount of station cash, a pre-paid premium subscription and -possibly- a couple in-game treats.

basti
2012-09-05, 02:50 PM

SOLD!

bjorntju1
2012-09-05, 03:05 PM

60-70 € or so for an artbook+figurine, maybe around 120€ if the figurine is big and some other extra's are included, such as ingame items, and some more collectible stuff such as a POSTER (http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/album/rjyhahnf/20120608_4fd27538a05f3.jpg), empire dogtags, maybe a fabric patch of each faction.

Tamas
2012-09-05, 03:22 PM
1) Themed by a Faction (C, TR, VS - so 3 editions)
2) Deluxe - all 3 faction theme.

Standard Soundtrack, art, some videos.

In game currency included. In game cash shop items included.
Some skins that can only be acquired by by limited edition.
Some boosts.

Don't want an in game advantage, but would like some "fluff stuff" and ala premium like in WOT (more exp earned and more resources gained).

CrystalViolet
2012-09-05, 03:56 PM
Since T-Ray broke into the physical world of items, how about life size replicas of all the main battle rifles? :)

Lonehunter
2012-09-05, 04:24 PM
Since T-Ray broke into the physical world of items, how about life size replicas of all the main battle rifles? :)

I'd settle for blades

Ahh what I'd do with a working Chainblade...

Crator
2012-09-05, 04:32 PM
Ok, I just thought of this and it probably won't work (or you wouldn't want to do it) but it would be super cool to have a Future Cube. A Future Cube would display concepts in animation bits which are in the works for the future of the game .

NewSith
2012-09-05, 04:51 PM
@Smed:

PlanetSide 2 "Veteran Kit"* That Includes:
Instant 150 certpoints.
21000 Auraxium
3 day XP Booster Implant.
3 Free Camo chioces.
Title (Though, I hope there are no titles)
Exclusive Black Camo. (Based on PS1 camo, not a Night Ops dying)

*Free for vets, purchasable for new accounts.

If you want something cheaper, I'll just stick to:
Instant 150 certpoints.
21000 Auraxium.
Exclusive Black Camo.

@T-Ray Something tells me this offer is most likely to be US-only, so the price for EU and Asia will be dictated by e-bay.

Hamma
2012-09-05, 04:52 PM
Great suggestions in this thread!

getembees
2012-09-05, 04:59 PM
Maybe put in a classic weapon for the founders pack. Maybe a punisher (that was the name of the common pool assault rifle, right?) or the rocklett launcher.

Ardinium
2012-09-05, 05:03 PM
- I'd like to see a faction poster, dog tag & shirt of our choice.
- A title on the official forum which gives more avatars & maybe a different name color.
- Name priority for release.
- Maps of each of the release continents.
- A card which outlines the basics of the game similar to the one which has been published, including base capture mechanics for each unique base.

GenocideVII
2012-09-05, 05:21 PM
vehicle certification so I can pull other factions vehicles. :/

MonsterBone
2012-09-05, 06:13 PM
I want ingame art to buy. Like stickers I can put on my vehicles.

CrystalViolet
2012-09-05, 06:49 PM
I'd settle for blades

Ahh what I'd do with a working Chainblade...

Carve turkey in an impressive manor? Actually, prop knives would be awesome and probably very doable.

ravMF
2012-09-05, 07:24 PM
An intimate dinner w/ Higby on Skype!

JimSolo
2012-09-05, 08:25 PM
I want a founders special edition Marauder with a choice of a mounted chaingun or nade launcher. :D
or no weapons just seating and horsepower.

Choice of special skins like:
Pilots suit, Sniper ghillie suit etc...
maybe one for each class?

Gammit10
2012-09-05, 09:05 PM
Faction Dog Tags

EVILoHOMER
2012-09-06, 01:37 AM
http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/full/332008/0092b7ec-b5cb-421a-bddd-53a2f70ae0ca.jpg

To have the option of the Vanu force blade to Glow as a call back to the early days of Planetside.

Oh also to have equipable knives and not the stupid quick knife thing would have to be implemented.

Froglicker
2012-09-06, 06:19 AM
Please no gold plated stuff. Gold is tacky. I'd much rather have silver or platinum.
All ingame exclusives need to be toggleable. There are moments when people might not want to brag about their status.
Any ingame exclusive should NOT have any significant gameplay effects. A small, permanant XP or CR boost is okay, but a super buffed fighter bomber is not. Any unique weapons or vehicles should not have any significant advantage over normal ones.

Really tho, I hope that a "Special Founders Edition" actually has ingame stuff that's actually exclusive. None of this "exclusive just for 6months" BS.

I'd really love some some unique weapon/armor/vehicle customizations or camo patterns (so long as they're not tacky, or gold). Unique taunts/graphics/emotes would also be awesome (flares, fireworks, holo-flag waving, special dances, particle effects, etc)

But yeah, alot of good ideas in this thread.

@MaxDamage - Lols at electricity nipples and OMG YES PLEASE for glowstick dancing

@Baneblade - +1 for cloaks, mostly because I've always loved cloaks. I doubt it'll happen tho.

Lazaruz
2012-09-06, 08:00 AM
-Small permanent XP-boost

-Name Reservation

-Exclusive camos, skins, etc.

-Some cosmetic armor pieces, medals, etc.

-Choice of a Higby, T-Ray or Smed bobblehead for your dashboard.

-Access to the weather command that makes it rain Higbys meteors.

Hyncharas
2012-09-06, 09:56 AM

I like this, and the idea of even a diorama, though I do have some reservations. Firstly, products with a 12-inch figure in them tend to be £120 or more and, as a result, this restricts the edition to only consumers who can afford it, rather than it being available to everybody. If you want 75% of fans to purchase this, at least a 6-inch or at most a 9-inch model for either a Cycler/Scattercannon/Lasher MAX depending on empire, or a suitable miniature-diorama showing several figures from each empire fighting over a capture point, would still be great without overloading the price tag.

Secondly, as a freelance artist currently looking for employment, I love art books for MMOs especially so I can see what material was used and left out... but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable spending money on solely an art book and statue for any game. It would be nice to have either a Velcro patch or baseball cap with the PlanetSide 2 logo in full on it. If you went with the diorama, it might also be good to have some fictional paraphernalia to allow soldiers to decide for themselves which side they choose, or have them tailored to each >> perhaps a military coin depending on empire, themed dogs tags with the PS2 logo you can get engraved if you wish, a letter from the empire's Taskmaster explaining the situation, postcards of Intel CG artwork, etc. If you're unfamiliar with Gears of War 3 Epic Edition, this game is a good example.

Third, currently the beta is about 6GB barring periodical updates where you have to re-download a fifth of it every time, so it would be good to have a backup CD of the game if you were forced to reinstall it, and an authenticator if you want more security. This then allows for other cool stuff in addition to some of the digital incentives already suggested, such as a digital soundtrack, fansite kit, and a "ViDoc" (video documentary) of SOE's struggle to reinvent a 9yr-old franchise and how the community have supported it over the years. There would also be a code to unlock exclusive content like $20 Station Cash, 60-day free PS2 Membership and some perpetual enhancements in and out of the game to show others you are a founder.

Last but not least, this is an F2P title, so I don't think you should limit the availability of this edition unless you are planning to sell expansions via retail. In contrast, games like Neverwinter Nights and World of Warcraft have released special editions, with new content in each, for almost every new world they've added to their universe...

This would bring the Auraxian Edition to about £80/$130.

MaxDamage
2012-09-06, 10:03 AM

A TR MAX figure? If half decent, anything up to 200 Great British Pounds.

MrBloodworth
2012-09-06, 10:06 AM
How about, if I buy one. You guys put Enter/Exit animations back in?

:)

VelRa
2012-09-06, 10:24 AM
VIP admission to a danceclub at Warpgate, drinks half the Auraxium.

SturmovikDrakon
2012-09-06, 02:23 PM
I'm sure many mentioned in-game customization already, but I'll add to it anyway

A cool thing to reward Founders would be with some kind of in-game badge that you can equip on all the classes including maxes. The badge itself should match the style of the faction you're fighting for though

Fazed
2012-09-06, 02:24 PM
Re-skin for the knife into a sabre/lightsaber/short sword would definitely be awesome

What about importing your closed beta account into the actual live servers?

Emperor Newt
2012-09-06, 02:40 PM

Depends on what is also in the box and the quality of the statue. Plastic or metal, in parts or assembled. Moveable or fixed parts. Painted or not, etc, etc. But it is a very tempting offer. Actually I think you should sell those max statues regularly ;)
Also if you are planing such a thing, please make sure we can order it directly from Europe too. Without paying almost double for shipping and taxes.

ravMF
2012-09-06, 06:25 PM

Upto $200Aus (inc shipping)

xuur
2012-09-06, 06:43 PM
5% increase to speed in all vehicles, foot speed and increased ammo capacity

Tarconus
2012-09-06, 11:23 PM
In game title.

Maybe send dog tags out.

6 month boost for auraxium.

Cool tank/plane skin.

That's about it nothing big. I would be happy to just have those things, as long as the founder package isn't going to be a big price tag.

TheSaltySeagull
2012-09-07, 01:22 AM
I myself would like to see something along the lines of...

-An art book
-The games soundtrack
-Empire dogtags
-A unique camo pattern
-A short video documentary "the making of planetside 2" with dev interviews etc.
-A unique character title
-A small "starter kit" that gives a modest amount of auraxium/station cash/resources/xp booster etc.
-A couple posters

I think those kinds of things would be cool and not give people who buy this much of an advantage but instead it more aimed at people who just really like the game.

typhaon
2012-09-07, 03:00 AM
faction t-shirt!

everybody likes t-shirts.

(make sure to include extra-manboobs size for TR)

TheUnthinkable
2012-09-07, 07:37 AM
1. Unique in game Camo. and/or vehicle skin.
2. Station Cash included 1.5x what you would get for a normal purchase.
3. A unique emote.
4. 1 (or more) free xp, resource, etc. implant
5. Forum avatar.
6. Your name appears in a different color in chat.
7. Faction weapon of choice. Identical stats to starting weapon for any given class but with unique skin and sounds. (if tiered. make more weapons obtainable per tier. You get them all if you purchase the highest tier.)
8. Those dog tags you give away on facebook.
9. Those shoes you have away.
10. Your in game name in the credits.
11. Free premium account time.

These are just some things and I put a bunch in if you intend on doing this in a tiered system. Some things are obviously more expensive so they would be omitted or put into a higher tier in the founder package.

morf
2012-09-07, 07:48 AM
The solution is obvious:

Faction dog-tags with "Invalid String" on them.

Drakness
2012-09-07, 07:42 PM
To be able to become a "Black Ops" operative during special events and get Double Hit Points / Armor / XP for the duration of the special event.

Also want that very cool light Katana sword like they had in PS1 so they can see you from a mile away at night ! Maybe to be able to change colors at will !!

Brusi
2012-10-24, 06:22 PM
An exclusive voice macro or six declaring one's geezer-hood with references to the "old days", "back when real men fought", "when times were fiercer", and so on.

I Fucking love this idea!!! lol

"Back in 2003, we had to run 15miles through the snow on Ceryshen!!!"

Maybe more so as a reward to PS Vets rather than PS2 Founders.

Perhaps instead a different voice macro for PS2 founders that says something like:

"[Emp Spec MAX Ability]? Boy, back when i founded PS2... there WAS no [Emp Spec MAX Ability]!!!"

SKYeXile
2012-10-24, 06:27 PM
Yea:

Classic armour from PS1 skin or some awesome skin
some station cash
maybe 100 free cert points?
mini pet, i want a wasp named ShockSN that says things like "you just got stung," "its not skill-less"

Crator
2012-10-24, 06:37 PM
Oh, necro. I was excited for a second. Thought they had new package offering.

Malorn
2012-10-24, 10:30 PM
Soundtracks! PS1 and PS2!

Concept art collection of PS2!

Special founder dogtags of each empire!

Statue of a Galaxy! The most iconic vehicle in Planetside!

History book telling the PS2 lore!

Special Founder hat, different for each class in game!

BFR pet that follows you around in sanctuary!

Ok, maybe not the last one....

J Baley
2012-10-24, 10:44 PM
I Fucking love this idea!!! lol

"Back in 2003, we had to run 15miles through the snow on Ceryshen!!!"

Yes. We did. I was there.

greenberetdelta
2012-10-25, 12:03 AM
I already bought alpha squad now you throw this at me??!?!

Tatwi
2012-10-25, 12:35 AM
I already bought alpha squad now you throw this at me??!?!

This was the thread that started the concept of Alpha Squad. In other words, you already bought this.

Brusi
2012-10-25, 01:09 AM
This was the thread that started the concept of Alpha Squad. In other words, you already bought this.

Yeah, i was getting nostalgic about "what coulda been" and necroed this post ;p

I bet you they still release a boxset or something, that gives you the concept art book and some cool shit as well though.

I want my 12" Max Unit, ffs!

ringring
2012-10-25, 04:28 AM
DAmn, I read the first couple of pages thinking what!!!! A Alpha squad and a Founders! :(

Storn
2012-10-25, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=Dagron;834274]One skin i think would be awesome is some kind of "battle damaged" armor (like in the Space Marine game)... it could of course be done for vehicles (a vanguard with battle scars would look badass) and weapons (duct tape ftw) too. I feel it gives the impression that i've been fighting the good fight for a while now, which is adequate both for PS1 vets and for founders. ;)

I agree completely!! Vets should look like they have been around a while. I always loved how a repaired vehicle/aircraft would still sport bullet holes and burn marks in PS1.

Maybe a free weapon unlock :D

Dagron
2012-10-25, 11:47 AM
Heh, i still wish they added that to the Alpha Squad, but sadly they didn't. It'd be the only reason for me to buy it, since i already have more SC than i'll probably ever need and the other stuff isn't all that interesting to me. :/

Anyway, necro thread guys: no point in asking for more stuff, they're probably not looking at it anymore. :(