PDA

View Full Version : why u no have ragdoll physics?

Levente
2012-10-18, 09:01 AM
Probably cause the CPU would die to compute 100 player flying in different directions, but please include it anyway. i love ragdoll in bf2 for example : D

Dagron
2012-10-18, 09:14 AM
I agree that people flying around when you shoot them in the face with an AV turret is funny, but i don't really mind the lack of it. :p

Stipan
2012-10-18, 02:14 PM
For this awesome game, I don't need ragdoll. Isn't it enough with the big maps and cool locations? ^^

dethred
2012-10-18, 02:58 PM
I personally think it adds a lot. At the very least, make it so the self-death animation isn't suddenly stopping and falling over to the right, because that kills the immersion. Probably my single criticism of the game right now, but hopefully it will be fixed or adjusted to an acceptable manner.

VaderShake
2012-10-18, 03:20 PM
I would really like to see some kind of ragdoll or at least bodies flying. What it does is add an emotional element to the game that stories come from. I can't tell you how many times there was a story about a body falling out of the sky in battlefield that was hillarious and used in promoting the game to others and making a memorable expirience for those of us who were playing. Planetside 2 is great, ragdoll or something of the like could make epic moments that much more epic.

Mox
2012-10-18, 03:47 PM
If i see the current state of the game ragdoll physics is the most unimportant feature i can think about.

If we talking about the famous 5 year development plan for ps2 i would suggest to implement ragdoll physics somewhere around year 5.

VaderShake
2012-10-18, 04:02 PM
If i see the current state of the game ragdoll physics is the most unimportant feature i can think about.

If we talking about the famous 5 year development plan for ps2 i would suggest to implement ragdoll physics somewhere around year 5.

Yea, there are plenty of features to work on but it would be nice to see a TR/VS soldier cartwheeling across my windshield in a nice fight.....

TheBladeRoden
2012-10-20, 11:51 PM
Medics don't want to be chasing rolling bodies down hills

Hamma
2012-10-22, 10:16 PM
They talked about it being in but I guess it never made it.

Figment
2012-10-23, 06:44 AM
I would think it's not high on the priority list, perhaps something they can add later. I presume the modelers were rather busy with all the setups (just look at how the ATV's model was uhm "working").

Dagron
2012-10-24, 02:53 AM
Medics don't want to be chasing rolling bodies down hills

lol, true