PDA

View Full Version : Optical mouse

Psyklone
2003-03-25, 02:09 PM
Just curious if any of you thought an optical mouse was a better choice for online gaming (particularly FPSs). Any reasone why?

Gammit10
2003-03-25, 03:47 PM
I wondered the same thing until I bought mine... the answer is YES!!! You never have to clean out the little gobs of crap that slow down or stutter your mouse movments, and my shooting accuracy went through the roof.

GAC
2003-03-25, 04:33 PM
its the only way to play games that require a mouse, dont just buy any old mouse though as there are many variations on size,weight and over all feel and if you are looking to play a lot dont buy cheap as some compnays do really make em cheap and you can feel it. plus you dont want it to die after a couple of months. im on a inteli explorer version 1 and its about 3 years old now and still ticking :D

OneManArmy
2003-03-25, 04:41 PM
/me secks up his logitech optical...

:eek: what are you pepole looking at!!!!!
/me shuts window...

SpacemanSpiff
2003-03-25, 05:04 PM
Which optical mice are the most recommended for fps's? I need to go shopping this week for my new rig. :sniper:

BurningSpear
2003-03-25, 06:10 PM
a *little* off topic, but whatever happened to that Razer Boomslang mouse. It came out last year claiming to be the be-all end-all of gaming mice. Supposed to be hardcore accurate and precise. seems to have died off, no? Anyone got any insights?

Ginzue
2003-03-25, 07:16 PM
When I got my lazer mouse thingy I loved it to death, now I hate it. The reason for that is that I recently got a Wacom drawing tablit that has a wireless mouse come with it, I havent looked back since. So YES the lazer mouses are much better, but Wacom mouses rock!

Zatrais
2003-03-26, 06:49 AM
Optical mouse for gaming.....

Razor boomslang (dunno if they still make those)
Or a Logitech MX 700 (or a MX 500 if you don't want cordless, but the cordless ROCKS! comes whit a build inn charging station whit the reciver so no battery worries at all!)

Psyklone
2003-03-26, 08:23 AM
Great! Thanks for all the replies. I'll be looking into a logitech soon.

Thanks again!

SpacemanSpiff
2003-03-26, 11:08 AM
I'll be buying a Logitech today or tomorrow myself... booyaka.

TimberWolf2K
2003-03-26, 12:17 PM
The boomslang cost �70 and thats like $100. WTF whos gonna pay that for a mouse?
and they where ment to be massive, so big that the avarage person's hand couldnt touch the desk so you where moving it with you 100% of your wrist insted of a "Pinky, thumb and Wrist combo"

But I think they did have an incredibley accurate lazer.
I got a �29.99 optical mouse 2 years ago and it works fine.

Boomslang = Teh lose!
cheap ass = Teh Win!

:D

Hey Ginzue, that is the best Sig iv ever seen!! nice work :thumbsup:

LesserShade
2003-03-26, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by BurningSpear
a *little* off topic, but whatever happened to that Razer Boomslang mouse. It came out last year claiming to be the be-all end-all of gaming mice. Supposed to be hardcore accurate and precise. seems to have died off, no? Anyone got any insights?
A guy I knew bought one and I tried it out. It's alright, drastically overpriced but it has some nice features...... too bad it's a ball mouse and a good dual optical mouse can be had for 1/3rd the price and be way more precise. Not to mention you never have to clean the damn ball, and it never gets in your way in the middle of a game because you rolled over cheeze *** residue

Trebor95
2003-03-26, 04:16 PM
i have the MX500 which is nice, but a bit big for me, I prefer the smaller logitech dual opticals :) much easier to control and can be used by lefties :) like me.

the MX700 is the daddy at the moment though, maybe outdone slightly by the Microsoft bluetooth mouse :)

BurningSpear
2003-03-26, 10:44 PM
lessershade from AFO? whats up, bro! Me = }BaR{x BurningSpear and Kurten(AFO) was my drunken buddy from work hehe good to see more renegades here.

LesserShade
2003-03-27, 08:22 AM
^lol.. plan 9, but whatever :) but yeah, nice to have some renegayders here none-the-less ;)

LesserShade
2003-03-27, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Trebor95
i have the MX500 which is nice, but a bit big for me, I prefer the smaller logitech dual opticals :) much easier to control and can be used by lefties :) like me.

the MX700 is the daddy at the moment though, maybe outdone slightly by the Microsoft bluetooth mouse :)
I have the micro soft bluetooth desktop.. and i have mixed emotions about it.

The bluetooth keyboard is great... the mouse on the other hand has 2 flaws. The first being that mine randomly spazzes out on me for 5-10 seconds at a time generally once a day. I lose complete control of the mouse for this time and there is nothing you can do but wait it out. My second biggest complaint is the drivers. The mouse battery indicator will spawn a huge pop up message box to warn you that your mouse has reached like 25% of it's life. Well unfortunately this will throw you out of full screen games and there is no way to turn the option off.

The advantage is like the insane range on that thing. If I want to start sitting 30ft away from my desk I can. The desktop looks oober as well.

Also, I'm a big supporter of bluetooth so I had to jump on board. I did hear however that logitech has a bluetooth desktop in the works.

BurningSpear
2003-03-27, 06:24 PM
haha, my bad. P9. good to see ya! picked an outfit yet? Varangian guard is a buncha renners, you in it yet? Or are you the one that was flamin TR on the TWL forums? lol