PDA

View Full Version : VR Training Room

PClownPosse
2012-10-23, 08:14 AM
Anyone else miss this feature?

Especially since real money is now involved.

We really need a try before you buy feature. I already wasted a few cert points on things I thought were good, but weren't for me. Kind of frustrating to be honest and I wouldn't have wasted those points had I been able to test them out.

Gatekeeper
2012-10-23, 08:21 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me, firing at various VR targets was a good way of gauging how effective weapons were under different conditions, and let you get a good feel for their accuracy, etc.

Likewise it was nice to be able to try driving or flying without worrying about getting killed or wasting resources. Especially with PS2's more complex flight model, having somewhere to learn would be nice.

Sturmhardt
2012-10-23, 08:32 AM
Absolutely, I will not spend real money on weapons I can't try before, since the descriptions only give you very limited information.

It does not have to be a real vr shooting range (although it would be awesome) because I think the devs don't even have enough time for the core game, but there has to be some way.

A return time of 2 hours or something like that could work, where you can return the item if you don't like it. Of course you can return every item only once, if you get it again you insta-buy it. Some system is needed to keep people from paying real money for items they do not really like.

PClownPosse
2012-10-23, 08:43 AM
Absolutely, I will not spend real money on weapons I can't try before, since the descriptions only give you very limited information.

It does not have to be a real vr shooting range (although it would be awesome) because I think the devs don't even have enough time for the core game, but there has to be some way.

A return time of 2 hours or something like that could work, where you can return the item if you don't like it. Of course you can return every item only once, if you get it again you insta-buy it. Some system is needed to keep people from paying real money for items they do not really like.

Yeah, the descriptions and stat bars are kind of useless, especially since you cannot easily compare them to the default guns you get to equip. My first gun upgrade was blind. I said to myself, "I hope this is better than what I'm currently using" as I couldn't even compare the stats let alone try them out.

Hamma
2012-10-23, 10:26 AM
I really hope they add something like this in the future. There's no way we will see it until after release however if it ever comes.

ShockFC
2012-10-23, 06:06 PM
Yeah I was just thinking about this today. Would be nice to test some weapons before getting them

Mooseay
2012-10-23, 06:14 PM
especially since you cannot easily compare them to the default guns you get to equip. My first gun upgrade was blind. I said to myself, "I hope this is better than what I'm currently using" as I couldn't even compare the stats let alone try them out.

I think you can compare them theres a checkbox in the store for it, you also have to tick unlocked wepons to be able to compare with the defalut guns, but it is posable right now.

Wolfgang Mozart
2012-10-23, 06:31 PM
I just assumed VR training would be coming back seeing how critical it was in the 1st game. ppl need to practice flying and shooting. especially if we're going to be paying actual $ for these weapons. They better not be hoping that ppl get the right weapon through trial and error and wasting $.

Storn
2012-10-24, 02:19 PM
I always liked the VR rooms in PS1 as you could practice flying or what not in a safe environment and spawn as many vehicle or weapons as you liked. I would suggest a couple things:
1)A couple buildings to practice in = outfits
2)Wrap around walls so you can fly around as much as you like and not hit an invisible wall

Cant remember if PS1 had wrap around walls...

RovingDeath
2012-10-24, 02:23 PM
Definitely support this idea. Not only is it important for "try before you buy," but also crucial for new players. It gives people the opportunity to train where they won't be judged by all the elitist pricks out there. They can L2P without negatively affecting the experiences of those people who are "too good for noobs."

ringring
2012-10-24, 02:52 PM
I always liked the VR rooms in PS1 as you could practice flying or what not in a safe environment and spawn as many vehicle or weapons as you liked. I would suggest a couple things:
1)A couple buildings to practice in = outfits
2)Wrap around walls so you can fly around as much as you like and not hit an invisible wall

Cant remember if PS1 had wrap around walls...
I was thinking something similar.

It would be nice and I don't know how feasible it is, to drop copies (maybe vanilla) of the amp, tech, bio bases so that new people could find out how they worked, perhaps with prompts along the way. Part of a newbie intro to the game.

Outfit could also use them to practise cordinated tactics.

OpolE
2012-10-24, 04:47 PM
I really hope they add something like this in the future. There's no way we will see it until after release however if it ever comes.

Then I feel this game will have barely any PS2 vets playing. Visualise how we as PS1 players play the game. Start from the sanc spawn tube and all process's involved into getting to battle and having all of your inventories sorted to precision.

All this nostalgia of how PS1 plays, even before I have dropped into fight.

Helwyr
2012-10-24, 06:20 PM
It really surprises me there's no VR room. It's the perfect place to showcase and market their in store items. This is an addition that would have made them $$$.

Dagron
2012-10-25, 03:48 AM
I think it's absolutely necessary.

Beerbeer
2012-10-28, 09:13 AM
Ugh, they really need this ASAP. Just saved up 240 certs for a gun only to discover I don't like it and it doesn't have the attachments that I prefer. Lame.

Which begs the question: why do some guns get laser dots or compensators while other guns don't? More scope choices within the same class of gun?

At the very least allow us to view the attachments for guns we cannot yet purchase. Such simple, common sense stuff that eludes them.

Dagron
2012-10-28, 09:22 AM
At the very least allow us to view the attachments for guns we cannot yet purchase.

I agree, allowing us to look at the cert tree for weapons we haven't unlocked yet is a good idea, but still not a substitute for the VR room. They should implement both.

Mox
2012-10-28, 11:17 AM
I wont buy something with station cash if i cant try it before. its that simple!