PDA

View Full Version : Video Tutorial and Cinematic Intros

SturmovikDrakon
2012-10-25, 12:22 PM
... are needed. (well, not needed, but would be preferred and less boring than some texts boxes popping out when you approach a terminal, for instance)

We need a video tutorial (or several) for new players that explain every single detail about the game and its features
Explanations about the grand map, bases, resources, terminals, classes etc.

It would be very much preferable if they were in the style of the BF2142 tutorials that they did for titans
Battlefield 2142 Titan Tutorial - YouTube
It's very cinematic, simple and gets to the point

Now, another great addition to the game would be actual cinematic introductions to all the factions.
(Note this doesn't have to be there for launch, could be added post-launch due to time constraints)

They should talk about their history (lore), their motivations, life/fighting styles and the reason they are involved in the war. They could be done just by making a montage of the faction fighting with a voice over that's unique for each one (like the Empires at War trailer), or they could go the GW2 route with some kind of slide shows which actually show their civilian/military lives with artwork

What do you guys think?

PoisonTaco
2012-10-25, 12:31 PM
You know this is something we could do as fans, then throw it up here on PSU. Planetside 2 has a lot of complex game mechanics that need to be explained to the players. In my community I've been getting some new people into the game, but they often spend the first few days completely lost because they don't know what is what.

A video tutorial is probably the easiest way to explain Planetside 2's mechanics. It's going to be even more important once the metagame is in.

SturmovikDrakon
2012-10-25, 12:36 PM
You know this is something we could do as fans, then throw it up here on PSU. Planetside 2 has a lot of complex game mechanics that need to be explained to the players. In my community I've been getting some new people into the game, but they often spend the first few days completely lost because they don't know what is what.

A video tutorial is probably the easiest way to explain Planetside 2's mechanics. It's going to be even more important once the metagame is in.

Aye, but I would really love for it to be done with some actual professional voice work :D

Fans can do the tutorials true, but they should be accessible through in-game menus

NewSith
2012-10-25, 01:22 PM
Global Agenda - PvP Tutorial Videos - Breach - YouTube

SturmovikDrakon
2012-10-27, 05:29 PM
considering how imperative this is for the game to succeed I was hoping for more support from people

Global Agenda - PvP Tutorial Videos - Breach - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AD7v42erF0)

This is a good one. If they were to make a video talking about the different kinds of facilities, they should outline why Empires are fighting for them just like that

2142 tutorial still reigns though in terms of presentation