PDA

View Full Version : News: Instant Action: Oct 25 Patch

Hamma
2012-10-26, 10:12 AM
http://www.planetside-universe.com/news-instant-action-oct-25-patch-2901.htm

AGN PlanetSide 2 Instant Action: Patch Notes OCT 25 - YouTube

VaderShake
2012-10-26, 10:39 AM
Hamma was it me or does it look like the added more textures to buildings/ground?? Graphically it looked a bit better to me, I did have some issues with lighting exiting buildings or is that on purpose? I don't know I did update my video drivers so maybe that it?

Also any reports of people having sound issues?

PoisonTaco
2012-10-26, 10:40 AM
Hey Hamma, you need any batteries?

Hamma
2012-10-26, 10:56 AM
:confused:

I heard about the sound issues but never experienced them.. not sure on the Texture thing :)

Beerbeer
2012-10-26, 10:57 AM
I had sound issues last night.

Couldn't hear my gun fire, just random muffled sounds.

PoisonTaco
2012-10-26, 11:04 AM
A few of us in my outfit tried out Vanu last night to check out their weapons. We found it amusing that when you do the voice macros for requesting ammo your character is like, "I need some batteries!" or "Hey, you got any batteries?"

Miir
2012-10-26, 11:11 AM
I like Hamma better when he plays VS :)

GuyFawkes
2012-10-26, 11:57 AM
Have they done something to optomise performance?

I logged in to have 60fps, really smooth for a change. Ran around a bit, hot dropped onto a NC bio lab, killed a few NC sniping. Then an odd thing happened, as soon as my frames dropped to 25 fps, the game just locked up, then I got the planetside exe has to close message.

Thought ok, though I just wasted the instant action cooldown. I grabbed a lightning, drove from warpgate to the biolab. There was a glitch in that the vertical view slider appears to not work, but besides this I had a good 50fps in the lightning. As soon as I got near the base and the frames dropped to 25fps, bingo, the game locks up, planetside exe has stopped working and is now closing.

I tried 2 more times then just gave up.

Hamma
2012-10-26, 12:21 PM
They are always optimizing - every patch releases performance updates.

A few of us in my outfit tried out Vanu last night to check out their weapons. We found it amusing that when you do the voice macros for requesting ammo your character is like, "I need some batteries!" or "Hey, you got any batteries?"

Oh :lol: I never noticed that

I like Hamma better when he plays VS :)

:brow:

Storn
2012-10-26, 12:54 PM
I and several people in my outfit had the sound bug. Sound would come back now and then but for the most part weird intermittent noise. I had to be told a couple time that a lighting was parked near me.

VaderShake
2012-10-26, 01:08 PM
I and several people in my outfit had the sound bug. Sound would come back now and then but for the most part weird intermittent noise. I had to be told a couple time that a lighting was parked near me.

Ok, good to know it's not just me, I thought I was stroking out or somthing!! :doh: