PDA

View Full Version : Higby Streaming Amerish

Hamma
2012-10-27, 04:08 PM
On the built in Twitch.tv client:

http://www.twitch.tv/las0m

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="378" width="620" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=las0m" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=www.twitch.tv&channel=las0m&auto_play=true&start_volume=25" /></object><a href="http://www.twitch.tv/las0m" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from las0m on www.twitch.tv</a>

Hamma
2012-10-27, 04:16 PM
And it's over but here is the recording:

<object bgcolor='#000000' data='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf' height='378' id='clip_embed_player_flash' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='620'><param name='movie' value='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf'><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'><param name='flashvars' value='channel=las0m&auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Planetside+2%3A+Beta+gameplay&hostname=www.twitch.tv&archive_id=337099741'></object><br><a href="http://www.twitch.tv/las0m" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from las0m on TwitchTV</a>

Hamma
2012-10-27, 04:16 PM
Stupid recording feature:

http://www.twitch.tv/las0m/b/337099741

Timealude
2012-10-27, 04:48 PM
is it me or does higby not come off as a guy that listens to rap? lol

SturmovikDrakon
2012-10-27, 06:21 PM
Pretty
I noticed new walking animations
nice

Roidster
2012-10-27, 06:32 PM
needs moar bushes

Miir
2012-10-27, 06:33 PM
Amerish looks gorgeous!!

GuyFawkes
2012-10-27, 06:35 PM
3 down, 7 to go

If that biodome was green in the stream, this could almost be the Shire or even Teletubbyland

Biscuit
2012-10-27, 06:36 PM
Pro: green, very green
Continent visually separates itself from both Indar and Esamir

Con: Amerish map...is.......a.........Rhombus (still a square >_> )

Hamma
2012-10-27, 08:10 PM
And they will continue being square for a while to maximize the space they have available. ;)

Toppopia
2012-10-27, 08:40 PM
Hmm, needs more thick forests where only infantry can fight, maybe a base in the middle of a thick forest so only infantry/aircraft can get to it would be nice. But then make sure there is thick canopy above so aircraft is useless. Because sure we can have infantry combat in buildings. But fighting in an open forest with almost no chance of vehicles ruining it? Sounds pretty good to me.

bullet
2012-10-27, 08:52 PM
is it me or does higby not come off as a guy that listens to rap? lol

I thought that too while watching this.

One of those mining outposts looks like it was a buried tech plant. I was like, "omg, undergound base fights!?" but it appears I was wrong.

typhaon
2012-10-27, 09:16 PM
And they will continue being square for a while to maximize the space they have available. ;)

But... is bigger always better?

I'd think a smaller, tightly built - but oddly shaped - continent might be just as/if not more fun than another large square. It would certainly offer different play experiences.

Dagron
2012-10-27, 09:53 PM
Hmm, needs more thick forests where only infantry can fight, maybe a base in the middle of a thick forest so only infantry/aircraft can get to it would be nice. But then make sure there is thick canopy above so aircraft is useless. Because sure we can have infantry combat in buildings. But fighting in an open forest with almost no chance of vehicles ruining it? Sounds pretty good to me.

That's what i assumed they'd do... but sadly, just like Esamir, compared to Indar it's just a very different skin on a slightly different playstyle terrain. Hopefully when they release more continents the differences in gameplay will be more radical.

Oryon22
2012-10-27, 11:05 PM
Amerish looks fantastic!

Thunderhawk
2012-10-27, 11:11 PM
What's this Track called guys ? This specific Mix

(The first one)

EDIT : nevermind...... Macklemore

Chewy
2012-10-28, 12:23 AM
To open for my liking of a jungle. Love the cliffs and the certain death drops from them (can't wait to see a standard cluster f***convoy use one of those roads) but I agree with the others. Needs more trees and bushes.

Not to the point of vehicles can't pass (that will just make a camp heaven) but so dense that you have to zigzag all over the place to get through it. It'll make roads much faster with the cost of an easy ambush while making the forest much slower but with plenty of cover. My biggest gripe of the maps so far (other than forcing a 3 sided fight on a square land) is the lack of cover. Far to often I see 15+ people grouped around the only cover just to get blasted by the tank 400m out if they don't kill each other first. Makes for a great medic XP farm though.

Dagron
2012-10-28, 09:17 AM
Needs more trees and bushes. Not to the point of vehicles can't pass but so dense that you have to zigzag all over the place to get through it. It'll make roads much faster with the cost of an easy ambush while making the forest much slower but with plenty of cover.

^This. Not to mention that infantry would have a better chance against vehicles when fighting away from bases and more tactical options when assaulting vehicles parked around bases.

Beerbeer
2012-10-28, 09:21 AM
Yeah, there's a severe lack of cover for infantry in the two continents that are available.

At least PS1 had stuff strewn about to provide some breathing space and made vehicles at least work to kill infantry.

Hamma
2012-10-28, 01:21 PM
Amerish was never supposed to be a jungle, it's modeled after the Scottish Highlands.

Dagron
2012-10-28, 01:41 PM
The problem isn't what it's supposed to be, it's how different it's gameplay could have been from the others. The more different play styles the game gets, the more people with different tastes it reels in. ;)

That said, i know they will add more continents in the future and that some will most likely provide very different play styles, but i hoped we'd see that at launch. Though with the release date so close, it's understandable that they don't try something too wacky that could need a lot of changes in order to be well balanced.

Chewy
2012-10-28, 05:19 PM
Amerish was never supposed to be a jungle, it's modeled after the Scottish Highlands.

My bad then. Long ago when reading about PS2 I was told that Amerish was to be something of a jungle. Seems like that info was either wrong or far out of date.

Either way I still say that there needs to be at least 1 land that's good for ground troops. A high lands with very small roads next to death cliffs overlooking dense forests would be a great infantry counter to the vehicle friendly Esamir wasteland. I just want to be able to have a piece of cover to stop and think on how to best approach a base without having to share it with 20 others.

It's hard as hell to be a sneaky bastard when the only cover has an endless stream of bullets and rockets coming out of it.

Levente
2012-10-28, 05:45 PM
the game looks ridicoulusly good. but my 295 gtx suffers :confused:

cellinaire
2012-10-29, 12:18 AM

Yeah, no more bushes or trees needed. (I know there can be think forests in Scottish highlands, but in terms of topography and flora destribution, jungle or dense forest are not the main thing of Scottish highlands. Doesn't the word 'highlands' mean something to you?)

And no worries. They'll eventually make at least one jungle-themed continent. :groovy:

Levente
2012-10-29, 12:54 AM
Yeah, no more bushes or trees needed. (I know there can be think forests in Scottish highlands, but in terms of topography and flora destribution, jungle or dense forest are not the main thing of Scottish highlands. Doesn't the word 'highlands' mean something to you?)

And no worries. They'll eventually make at least one jungle-themed continent. :groovy:

and that will be that continent which will be unable to play above 10 fps, cause of the so many trees :groovy:

cellinaire
2012-10-29, 01:00 AM
and that will be that continent which will be unable to play above 10 fps, cause of the so many trees :groovy:

I don't know. 'Cause Forgelight is magical.

Nuff said :D

BorisBlade
2012-10-29, 07:27 PM
wtf is up with the awful music? why not just let the game music play in the background while he runs around. I hate having to watch videos muted, honestly i didnt even watch but a minute or two before i shut it off entirely, video and all. When ya wanna show somethin off like that, dont put in niche music that many people will not like, regardless of what genre. Just leave the standard game music in.

Hamma
2012-10-29, 09:40 PM

Nanites.

Fear The Amish
2012-10-30, 01:29 PM
you just have to place the trees correctly make it so the trees are arranged to block other trees from LOS so only a certain number are being rendered at a time.