PDA

View Full Version : VS needs a buff.

Tacotitan
2012-11-02, 04:57 PM
While playing as the VS, I noticed that some of the things we have seem... weak in comparison to the other factions. Most notably are:

*Though the Scythe is very maneuverable, it is lacking in the firepower department.

*While fighting as a heavy, I noticed that the light machine gun is far weaker in comparison to the other light machine guns. Same goes for the medic's assault rifle.

*The Magrider needs to be able to rotate faster. It is barely rotating as it is.

These problems need to be fixed, or I fear that the VS will be the underdog faction, instead of the TR's and NC's equal.

Conq
2012-11-02, 05:13 PM
Yeah, poor Magriders. They are so bad, I hardly ever see people using them and I don't think I've ever seen more than just a couple at a time.

Canaris
2012-11-02, 05:24 PM
While playing as the VS, I noticed that some of the things we have seem... weak in comparison to the other factions. Most notably are:

*Though the Scythe is very maneuverable, it is lacking in the firepower department.

*While fighting as a heavy, I noticed that the light machine gun is far weaker in comparison to the other light machine guns. Same goes for the medic's assault rifle.

*The Magrider needs to be able to rotate faster. It is barely rotating as it is.

These problems need to be fixed, or I fear that the VS will be the underdog faction, instead of the TR's and NC's equal.

Anuv by any other name

EVILPIG
2012-11-02, 05:36 PM
Anuv by any other name

Nothing Hamma can't uncover and "fix" in a jiff.

Sifer2
2012-11-02, 05:39 PM
He has a point about the LMG. Otherwise no just no...

SKYeXile
2012-11-02, 06:21 PM
As tank commander SKYeXile, i can confidently say that the magrider requires no buffs.

Sir fraggington
2012-11-02, 06:30 PM
the vs? a buff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

no

Saintlycow
2012-11-02, 07:40 PM
Lol at magrider getting buff. And I play Vanu too.

But he does have a point about the orion. That thing is bad.

Infantry wise, I feel that Vanu are weaker, but in the vehicle category, specifically tanks we rock

Ghoest9
2012-11-02, 07:51 PM
"buff mag rider'

I love those comments because it means I can immediately reject everything poster says and assume they are just horribad.

Carver
2012-11-02, 09:33 PM
I don't like the LMGs much either. Sure the magazine is big but they are weak, slow, and innacurrate. But I don't know if it's the VS ones that are bad of if they all suck.

psijaka
2012-11-03, 02:28 AM
Another "VS underdogs" thread; what a joke. You poor things.

Magrider is the best tank out there; being able to strafe sideways in and out of cover is a huge advantage.

Edit - I'l post this again as this is virtually a duplicate of the earlier VS whine thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nOiHocWQAU8

Tamas
2012-11-03, 03:12 AM
Bad players will always need buffs...

Captain1nsaneo
2012-11-03, 05:59 AM

You're probably turning it wrong. It's weird but the mag really doesn't like it when you pick up your mouse to quickly recenter it as it kills all of its turning momentum. You have to move to the edge and hold it there. Jacking up veh sensitivity is also a solution but I personally also find the mag's turning habits to be a bit cumbersome as resetting my mouse to the center of my mouse pad is second nature to me.

bullet
2012-11-03, 07:07 AM
You're probably turning it wrong. It's weird but the mag really doesn't like it when you pick up your mouse to quickly recenter it as it kills all of its turning momentum. You have to move to the edge and hold it there. Jacking up veh sensitivity is also a solution but I personally also find the mag's turning habits to be a bit cumbersome as resetting my mouse to the center of my mouse pad is second nature to me.

The Mags a lot harder to turn when you've got low FPS, but yea, don't do the quick mouse movement with a Mag. I've found its better to move the mouse slower across your pad to get a good full turn in on it rather than to quickly swipe the mouse and recenter it 10 times for the same effect.

Excluding the pathetic Lasher, I think VS are fine right now. I normally just run around as Infil with the Nova, still OP combo in my opinion. Aside from the OPness of the shotties, my personal favorite is the Medic's rifle though.

Beerbeer
2012-11-03, 08:13 AM
Prior to latest VS weapon change, I thought they were the weakest. However, the recent change significantly lowered the TTK on some of their weapons. So much so, that I catch myself thinking, holy crap, I died fast.

Forget exactly which weapon, but I think it was a "light" weapon that opened my eyes.