PDA

View Full Version : Australian server added

Hal Jordan
2012-11-04, 01:05 AM
Here's the broadcast that showed up at midnight Pacific time:

Broadcast from CodeForgeAU: Today you have been fighting over a new continent on Auraxis. And while you have labored to conquer new territory, so have we. Planetside 2 is proud to add Australia to our growing list of server regions. Those wishing to make the journey will need to log out of the game and patch their clients. Then it will be available for new characters. Good luck!
It was a 171K patch that took forever to download, probably because everyone wanted it NOW. The new server shows up as "Rhea," region "AUS."

Figment
2012-11-04, 06:55 AM
Nice to see Oceania is getting some love, hope the Aussies and Kiwi's make good use of it too, since it's not very common for a game server to run in Oceania, is it? :)

Brusi
2012-11-04, 08:27 AM
I'll definitely give it a shot.

I don't have a lot of confidence in it's long term prospects, but should at least be lively for a couple of hours each day, lol!

Dagron
2012-11-04, 09:55 AM
Gratz aussies! :D
I hope they decide to add a south america region too, i'm confident that enough people would play it down here... brazilians are known to swarm F2P games. :lol:

KALU
2012-11-04, 09:39 PM
Awesome! So am I safe to say the server testing times should reflect our time zone also right?

Brusi
2012-11-04, 10:41 PM
Was playing with some Russian's last night...

Funny mutherfuckers, lol. I assume that we will have a more multicultural, albeit smaller community on Rhea.