PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 controller

drewskay
2012-11-04, 09:21 AM
How can I setup my xbox 360 controller for PS2?

psijaka
2012-11-04, 10:36 AM
I know it's a case of "each to their own", but why would you want to gimp yourself by using a controller?

drewskay
2012-11-04, 11:34 AM
Ive used a controller my whole life so I suck with the mouse and keyboard.

Tooterfish
2012-11-04, 11:59 AM
I'm down for anything that helps people get involved in PC gaming. Still - Planetside 2 is a great game, in many ways, for learning the art of mouse and keyboard gaming. :D

psijaka
2012-11-04, 12:14 PM

I really would recommend that you persist with the Mouse/Keyboard. Sure; you'll be crap for a week or two (I was), but it will soon "click" and you won't look back.

A mouse is just so much more precise than a joystick. And if you get a decent gaming mouse, you can switch sensitivity "on the fly". I use 1000dps for normal action, but switch to 4000 when I'm in a tank or turret.

And having a keyboard gives you the option of easy in game chat and access to the full range of in game commands (how would you switch seats in a Galaxy using a controller?)

Also, many gaming mice will have extra buttons that you can assign to different keys. I spoilt myself by getting a Logitech G700, which has more spare buttons than you can shake a stick at. I've got the following commands on the mouse:

Weapon slot 1, 2, 3
Grenade :D
Melee (middle mouse)
Spot (Q)

The only benefit that I can see from a controller is joystick control of movement; better than WASD.

Frotang
2012-11-04, 12:33 PM
I used my 360 controller for flying and driving. Download this free software called xpadder, i use it and it works great. The key is making multiple profiles for key mappings and using a button to the cycle profiles (i use d-pad down) this way you can have different mappings for air, ground, or infantry. I wouldnt suggest using a controller for anything other than vehicles though.

psijaka
2012-11-04, 02:32 PM
I could certainly see the advantage of using a controller for flying; the mouse/key controls just seem illogical to me (or maybe I'm just useless at flying).

Sturmhardt
2012-11-04, 03:07 PM
As long as you don't play NC you may use a Controller. Makes killing you easier ;)

Lonehunter
2012-11-04, 06:54 PM
You may not be able to use an Xbox controller but there are plenty of similar gamepads for PC.

Just know a lot of functions won't be available, you'll probly have to limit yourself quite a bit, and still keep a keyboard hooked up for menus, store, stuff like that.

Brusi
2012-11-04, 07:51 PM

Duuudee... This makes me feel oold...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Dumbledore.gif

drewskay
2012-11-04, 08:43 PM
Duuudee... This makes me feel oold...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Dumbledore.gif

I'm sorry you feel that way lol