PDA

View Full Version : EU players with NA USD SOE accounts

sylphaen
2012-11-04, 05:47 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else who had created their account with SOE in USD (I used to live in the US before moving to Europe) has tried buying Alpha Squad from Europe.

I think 2 paths are currently possible:
- account transfer to Pro7 and then transactions with European means of payment
- keep SOE account (set in USD which can't be changed...) and payment with paypal or an EU credit card in USD (i.e. not EUR).

Maybe I'm the only PSU user in such a situation (since I guess true PS1 European players had their SOE account's currency set to EUR/GBP when it was first created and not USD), but I was disappointed when I had to buy Alpha Squad at 40 USD (Alpha Squad) + 8 USD (VAT) + misc. credit card currency exchange fees (i.e. 48+ USD) instead of 35 EUR (i.e. 44+ USD).

Or maybe the 35 EUR european price did not include VAT ?

In any case, I enjoy that I have an option to pay with my original SOE account but I was a bit surprised at this since the process feels a tad convoluted.

I would have loved to pay 35 EUR an be done i nstead of having to read through text localized in French and ending up with a payment confirmation prompt in USD. My instant reaction was: wtf! What just happened? :eek:

I still found it amusing in some weird ways, in the end. :rolleyes:

FYI: it did make me postpone the Alpha Squad purchase yet again... and also indirectly stopped my motivation to get some extra station cash with it.

Realmofdarkness
2012-11-05, 03:12 AM
Hi
I sent in a request to support that I wanted my country to be changed from US to sweden since I couldent do it myself.