PDA

View Full Version : The Flash: Driving on Ice

AThreatToYou
2012-11-05, 06:59 PM
This is a simple complaint:
The Flash has very, very little traction.
I'm going to try the handling certification to see if it makes it any more tolerable, but the advertised 5% boost to handling is not something I imagine will do very much.
It might be neat for Heyoka Drifting in the night, but in battle, the poor handling makes it impossible to line up a shot and thus makes the vehicle worthless in combat. I know it's not supposed to be a combat vehicle, but in PlanetSide 1 my favorite vehicle was the Fury. Now, the Fury didn't have the best handling, but at least I could pause to take a shot here without spinning in 15 circles.
Just this last time, I was shot off of the vehicle as I was trying to turn it to line up a shot and it kept spinning around and around about 3 times. It's really bad.

maradine
2012-11-05, 07:11 PM
48 points for a set of Blizzaks and you'll be the most stable thing on the lake.

Phantomdestiny
2012-11-05, 07:16 PM
a snow mobile is in the works ^^ , SOE live confirmed
http://img02.bgstatic-com.de/images/documents/documents/1678/modulecontent/612x0/planetside2_buggies.jpg

Chewy
2012-11-05, 07:33 PM
Granted that flash slides all over the place, but I have to disagree about it's combat. A good flash driver can give more support than most think. Iv taken MBTs head on before and it feels great knowing that a flash can do that. All you have to do is pick you time to attack and learn to weave in and out of a fight.

Some tips are
- Don't fight over rocks
- Fire at angles
- Pick a target that has eyes on something bigger (who the hell tries to kill a flash when a HA is shoving rockets up their tail pipe?)
- Snipe when ever you can
- Go for repair men if you're in a place to flank

Basically pepper targets. People tend to ignore small damage till near death. By the time they run for cover you can either keep peppering for a kill or give chase and give them a WTF moment from being killed by a flash.

AThreatToYou
2012-11-05, 08:10 PM
Granted that flash slides all over the place, but I have to disagree about it's combat. A good flash driver can give more support than most think.

I agree. I just think getting into a firing position is a little too frustrating :)

Figment
2012-11-10, 04:14 AM
If you try to fight with a Flash atm, you usualy get "sniped off" by the first tank shell that lands in your vicinity. I've hardly seen any Flash explode BEFORE its user died.

In PS1 the user was invincible, compared to the Flash, but I'm sure there should be a bit of an in between area.

It's also pointless to have a mortar style weapon on a fast moving buggy that keeps rotating, mortar takes too much precision aiming and you're fighting enemies who can one shot you with light ballistic fast moving projectiles. Hence it should have a rocket pod, like the "real" Fury. IMO.