Hamma
2012-11-05, 09:46 PM
https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/265660768475828224

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/265660950693150720

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/265661076727816193

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/265663568781926403

Ghoest9
2012-11-05, 09:55 PM
I really really hope the UI stuuff gives a way for color blind people to tell squad mates from enemies.

Hamma
2012-11-05, 09:56 PM
https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/265663568781926403

Brusi
2012-11-05, 09:59 PM
The Sundy AMS changes are the one single thing that makes Planetside 2 feel more like Planetside than anything since tech-test.

That said, i really kinda hope they bring back deployed galaxies again... although not so useful, it was a pretty cool idea :)

Whalenator
2012-11-05, 10:03 PM
You can embed tweets?
Just like that? Wow.

Crator
2012-11-05, 10:05 PM
Yay for S-AMS deployment radius indicator! :)

Hamma
2012-11-05, 10:14 PM
You can embed tweets?
Just like that? Wow.

Yep just post the link to the tweet and it auto embeds. :)

SixShooter
2012-11-05, 10:31 PM
Looks like some good stuff coming down the pipes.
:cheers:

Beerbeer
2012-11-05, 10:39 PM
More useful map elements: ground vehicle ammo stations going to show up on the map?

Still haven't memorized them all or figured out what type of base has them.

BorisBlade
2012-11-05, 10:43 PM
Hopefully the map stuff includes toning down the red and blue and purple control indicators massively so we can actually see the map, its annoying having to constantly turn it on and off to see anything. First time i saw the map without it on there was only a few weeks ago and i thought i was looking at a new cont at first.

Also the indicators for size enemy forces attacking a base (similar to the red/yellow alerts in ps1), base status, and the time left til capture are majorly needed as well.

SixShooter
2012-11-05, 11:49 PM
Also the indicators for size enemy forces attacking a base (similar to the red/yellow alerts in ps1)

I thought that feature was already in game showing large platoons and such with color coding.

bullet
2012-11-06, 02:12 AM
I hope those "map UI elements" give us a little more information on the status of an outpost/base.

Levente
2012-11-06, 02:38 AM
i too liked the idea of deployed galaxy. bring it back but in a more balanced way.

Mastachief
2012-11-06, 02:39 AM
I hope the best out of these patches. I really really do.

Edit: 15 days is a very short time away. I love Planetside, I am passionate and most certainly bi-polar these last few days about this game. I just hope they have their ducks in a row.

I've done all the bitching I can do now and I have to admit, I play Planetside 2 daily... But I sure hope they add some fundemental elements with these patches that adhere to the game's longevity.

10days is even shorter.

The game has 0 depth, is buggy as hell, runs like a dog.

Gah.

So this next patch the NC will be literally nerfed this time and have their weapons replaced with nerf guns so that they cannot harm the whiney bitches of the TR and VS at all. We will all spawn inside out and upside down. AA will be NERFed further too so that the soft fluffy projectiles do not scratch ESF paintwork and disrupt their farming of all the ants running around the floor.

bullet
2012-11-06, 02:48 AM
So this next patch the NC will be literally nerfed this time and have their weapons replaced with nerf guns so that they cannot harm the whiney bitches of the TR and VS at all. We will all spawn inside out and upside down. AA will be NERFed further too so that the soft fluffy projectiles do not scratch ESF paintwork and disrupt their farming of all the ants running around the floor.

Hmm. I think Higby put in some secret NC code into those tweets that only NC can understand because I don't see anything about nerfs to AA or NC.

We need to get some Vanu scientists on this ASAP. We need to know the full extent of these changes!

DirtyBird
2012-11-06, 03:10 AM
The introduced bugs from last patch need fixing, nades are a good one to start with.
Pain fields are still borked tho now removed again. How many attempts to fix that has there been. Needs to be right so I dont mind when it comes in.

And how about tweaking the ability of engineers who are running around like headless chooks trying to find that elusive pixel to drop a turret or ammo pack. Talk about a needle in a hay stack.

And I still get moments where after zooming in with my mana turret the bullets no longer get past the shield of said turret or it loses accuracy and fires off center.

Fix the little things, the bigger stuff will be just as appreciated after release like a content patch.

Dragonskin
2012-11-06, 10:23 AM
The introduced bugs from last patch need fixing, nades are a good one to start with.
Pain fields are still borked tho now removed again. How many attempts to fix that has there been. Needs to be right so I dont mind when it comes in.

And how about tweaking the ability of engineers who are running around like headless chooks trying to find that elusive pixel to drop a turret or ammo pack. Talk about a needle in a hay stack.

And I still get moments where after zooming in with my mana turret the bullets no longer get past the shield of said turret or it loses accuracy and fires off center.

Fix the little things, the bigger stuff will be just as appreciated after release like a content patch.

Yea, I agree with the engie fixes for sure. Amerish is a huge pain trying to drop anything. I haven't played the other maps since Amerish came out, but I run with my outfit and they all need ammo so I run around like an idiot looking for the green marker. Outside of a base I stopped trying playing turrets.

I gave up throwing grenades. Seems like 1/3 of my grenades actually work as intended. I usually end up killing myself and occasionally take friendlies out with me.

DirtyBird
2012-11-06, 12:04 PM
For got to add, Hotspots, have never really worked as intended.
Add that to the fix now list before including new stuff.

And the fact that it always has to have about 4 hotspots running no matter what is no good either.
If there is no valid hotspot then dont show a bullshit one.
AU server is a good example of that, 4 hotspots flashing away on empty continents.

SixShooter
2012-11-06, 03:29 PM

Is there a page missing from this thread where an NC nerf was announced in bold lettering? Seems like there must be...

I'm really interested to see what they do to Indar, Hopefully removing some outposts and making the hex size bigger.
:cheers: