PDA

View Full Version : The MCG

Beerbeer
2012-11-06, 11:13 PM
To me, this is how all of the iconic heavy weapons should perform and feel like. It's perfect and deadly in good hands, as they should be IMO. More sound maybe and I would enlarge the model 10%, but other than that, it's good to go.

For the FIRST time, I felt like I was back in PS1 while doing infantry battles.

The jackhammer and lasher leave A LOT to be desired; these two heavyweight icons are mere ghosts of what they once were and even extremely weak by default gun standards.

The jackhammer is really bad, no range, slow rof and ridiculous, tank-like reload time. The lasher is just, lol, how did it even make it this far like that?

Edit: when I mean rof, I mean that for some reason there feels like a built in delay (which may just be cosmetic, but having a negative impact nonetheless) between shots no matter how quickly you press the button, unlike the standard shotgun. On purpose?

Khorneholio
2012-11-07, 01:52 AM
Concerning the Jackhammer ROF... Are you using burst fire mode? Not being snarky, just an honest question. lol

Sifer2
2012-11-07, 02:50 AM
Well the problem with MCG is the TTK is so fast than you can be killed by any weapon in the time it takes the barrels to spin. Good if you know the enemy is around the corner I guess. Otherwise if they catch you at all off guard you are dead.

Beerbeer
2012-11-07, 07:57 AM
Concerning the Jackhammer ROF... Are you using burst fire mode? Not being snarky, just an honest question. lol

No, I'm not.

The delay I'm talking about is almost imperceptible, but I notice it.

Storn
2012-11-07, 08:12 AM
Agreed! The delay in before the bullets fly is a nerf disadvantage and is not needed. I haven’t timed the weapon switch with the barrel delay but it use to be 3.5 seconds. If you have the chain-gun as your primary but have your AV rocket out you’re screwed (especially with these shotgun carrying infiltrators).

Sifer2
2012-11-10, 08:12 AM
Agreed! The delay in before the bullets fly is a nerf disadvantage and is not needed. I haven’t timed the weapon switch with the barrel delay but it use to be 3.5 seconds. If you have the chain-gun as your primary but have your AV rocket out you’re screwed (especially with these shotgun carrying infiltrators).

Doesn't even need to be a shotgun. And you don't even need to have your rocket out. You can meet any guy around a blind corner with a Carbine an if you were not already prepared an spinning the barrel up he can easily mow you down before you even begin to fire. That's why I doubt i'll cert into MCG on release. I'll just use a Shotgun or more likely the Medics AR with underslung grenade which is easily the best CQC weapon to me.

I would like to see them revisit the MCG. Maybe consider less of a warm up spin, but add an overheating weakness. I just don't find it being the beast of a CQC weapon its meant to be when most weapons out kill it on average due to long warm up.