PDA

View Full Version : How to record a cinematic

Killophile
2012-11-07, 01:55 PM
Planetside 2: How to record Perfect Cinematics - YouTube

Have you ever been wondering how to record a cinematic in Planetside 2? Well here is how you can record them!

Hamma
2012-11-07, 10:00 PM
hah that's pretty neat :D

Figment
2012-11-08, 04:14 AM
Does that glitch only effect your own character's view or also your character model? (ie, do others still see you carrying a weapon or so?). Because if it does, they might as well make it an official feature to have a holstered mode for camera work.

Miir
2012-11-08, 04:02 PM
Cool... I've had it happen to me the odd time but never realized what I was doing until now.

Thanks for posting.

Dev's: Please bring back holstering weapons :)

Hamma
2012-11-08, 09:08 PM
Yea I totally agree we need something in the game to allow for camera work. People have done some tricks to hide the weapons (including this I'm sure) but I don't get why we don't just get access to some ability to hide our weapons.

psijaka
2012-11-09, 08:01 AM
Neat! Will try this out.

like+1

Babyfark McGeez
2012-11-09, 08:08 AM
How about a certable tool like a predator drone, just without any weapons and smaller, and let it have a maximum range so that you can't scout the whole map. Also your soldier would obviously be immobile and helpless for the time using the drone. As addition, make it destroyable but not "spot-able".

Use that thing, hide the hud and voila, working "spectator" mode with some limitations that would make it no threat to game balance.

typhaon
2012-11-09, 01:49 PM
Yea I totally agree we need something in the game to allow for camera work. People have done some tricks to hide the weapons (including this I'm sure) but I don't get why we don't just get access to some ability to hide our weapons.

I've tried to get this question/idea through to Hidby a few times in various live chats... just never been able to get a response.

-----

Cool trick. I've had it happen a few times going in and out from the terminals... but I'd never been able to figure out what exactly I was doing to make it happen.

Captain1nsaneo
2012-11-09, 03:44 PM
SO THAT'S HOW YOU DID IT!

Thanks for this.

Rivenshield
2012-11-10, 04:50 PM
That's neat.

Watch Sony 'fix' it now, and not bother to give us any sort of combat-cameraman option.

Captain1nsaneo
2012-11-10, 08:01 PM
That's neat.

Watch Sony 'fix' it now, and not bother to give us any sort of combat-cameraman option.

Yeah, I've seen that happen far too often too...
(You hear that devs? Ignore this whole thread!)

Hamma
2012-11-11, 02:26 PM
So this appears to be "Fixed"

Hamma
2012-11-11, 02:27 PM
Actually.. I lied.

Alareth
2012-11-12, 04:06 PM
Now that I can record cinematics the one thing I really want, staging and deployment footage at the warpgate, is impossible because of all the being players as stupid as possible due to damage being turned off ...

Can someone get these morons off my set?

Arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Hamma
2012-11-12, 04:37 PM
I did this for the AGN Instant Action I posted today.. good stuff! I hope it doesn't get "fixed"

Killophile
2012-11-19, 05:41 PM
That's very cool to hear Hamma, would be nice if you could share the tutorial around! :)
Thanks.

Killophile
2012-11-20, 03:42 PM
Now that I can record cinematics the one thing I really want, staging and deployment footage at the warpgate, is impossible because of all the being players as stupid as possible due to damage being turned off ...

Can someone get these morons off my set?

Arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Well you might want to get an outfit to do such scenes and use an amp station instead of the warpgate.

Hamma
2012-11-23, 12:16 PM
Sadly this appears to be fixed now :(