PDA

View Full Version : The Stronghold: Base Design

Beerbeer
2012-11-09, 11:15 PM
I think all bases should be like this, or a permutation of it.

Walls, although they need to eliminate vehicle Los to spawn, and whatever layout they desire.

They can create larger or smaller versions, but the theme should remain relatively the same in regards to vehicle camping.

Mox
2012-11-10, 02:55 AM
I like the stronghold too. Nice place to defend. The only proble is that it is situated in the middle of a canyon. So too much snipers sit somewhere up in the rocks.

Canaris
2012-11-10, 05:49 AM
been plenty of requests for more versions of Whiskey Outpost aka the Stronghold to be placed around the maps, hopefully with the redevelopment of Idar we'll see it happen.
It's a great base to fight over, as Mox said it's position on the map means we don't usually get to have fun there.

Figment
2012-11-10, 06:05 AM
The only redesign request about the stronghold is to place the spawnpoint further indoors, more of a complex around it. Right now, once the walls are breached, the fight is over.

bullet
2012-11-10, 07:22 AM
Right now, once the walls are breached, the fight is over.
Isn't this basically every fight?

Crator
2012-11-10, 07:32 AM
^ Is that not due to issues with Time-to-Cap + visual indicators to defending empire to tell them the place is being attacked?

once the walls are breached, the fight is over = Not enough defenders or time to react to attack?

NewSith
2012-11-10, 07:34 AM
Stronghold is not just walls, it's the surrounding landscape that makes it unique.

IMO ATM there are only 3 outposts of that kind in PlanetSide. The Traverse, The Stronghold and Scarred Mesa Skydock.

Sifer2
2012-11-10, 07:42 AM
The base itself is interesting but the location they put it was pretty terrible. What tends to happen is an outfit drops on it, and just camps it to see how many zerglings they can farm. It's completely useless in that location for the home team. I agree though that seeing that style of base in more locations where it actually makes sense to put them as a way to defend against the direction attackers come from would be nice.

Figment
2012-11-10, 01:16 PM
@Crator: nah, just the "keep" not existing.

Hamma
2012-11-10, 10:13 PM
The Stronghold was totally inspired by Starship Troopers.