PDA

View Full Version : Player collision

Babyfark McGeez
2012-11-11, 12:01 PM
I just noticed they finally put in player collision. Aside from opening this can of worms roughly one week before release, what's your take on it?
Will we see the return of the beloved doorblockers? :D

Dagron
2012-11-11, 12:13 PM
I think it's only at warpgates.

Babyfark McGeez
2012-11-11, 12:40 PM
Well it certainly seems inconsistent because i was able to walk through some players but it is not only at the warpgate.

I really like this, it adds so much to the game, but at the same time i'm wondering why they introduced such a fundamental change so late in the development process. And why they didn't documentate it at all in the patch notes.

bjorntju1
2012-11-11, 01:41 PM
At least increase the radius in with you can access terminals :p Sometimes it is impossible to access one since so many people are standing around it.

Fear The Amish
2012-11-11, 01:55 PM
it was in during tech test and first month of beta. Was removed because people were getting stuck in the spawn tubes.

Ghoest9
2012-11-11, 02:44 PM
You should never have friendly player collision in an action game.

It makes for unrealistic game play.

In real life people automatically twist and slide to get past each other. Imagine a busy sidewalk in New York City with player collisions activated.

EVILoHOMER
2012-11-11, 04:16 PM
It's annoying and needs to go but I see there is no more FF? Which is a good thing, I dunno though I just logged on to see the changes and the server had 1 min till down time.

sylphaen
2012-11-11, 05:30 PM
No more FF a good thing ?
:doh:

The game was playing fine without collisions but putting them in is a good choice IMO. If there is a crowd at the terminals, there is a crowd at the terminals.

However, in terms of design, larger spawn rooms in outposts would be nice.

Ghoest9
2012-11-11, 05:36 PM
The removed FF from start points a long time ago.

Surely they didnt remove it everywhere.

Zulthus
2012-11-11, 09:57 PM
They only took friendly fire out of warpgates, which I agree with. The incessant teamkilling in there begged for a fix.

Tom Peters
2012-11-12, 04:31 AM
You should never have friendly player collision in an action game.

It makes for unrealistic game play.

In real life people automatically twist and slide to get past each other. Imagine a busy sidewalk in New York City with player collisions activated.

If you have absolutely ZERO player collision, players will walk through eachother resulting in unpreventable friendly fire!

Left 4 Dead suffers from this and it's terrible. :c

ringring
2012-11-12, 04:34 AM
At least increase the radius in with you can access terminals :p Sometimes it is impossible to access one since so many people are standing around it.

It's only an issue in the WG spawns and at terminals (as said above). Otherwise it's a good thing.