PDA

View Full Version : The way we capture bases and how it is represented on the map needs to change.

EVILoHOMER
2012-11-12, 03:29 AM
I'm so sick of flying to what I think is a safe base because it is in the middle of territory that is totally my empires colour and there are no hotspots and yet it's totally owned by the other empire. I don't get as well how you can capture a point and it not be shown on the map? The frigging NC capture a tower outside the base and you'd never know because it is shown as red on the map. The map gives you no indication of anything and half the time these hotspots only ever have a few people at them or no one at all.

Because capture isn't linear all you get is loads of small fights but no real big one as everyone is flying everywhere capturing points all the time. What ever happened to the giant battles of Planetside? Why can't we go to that superior setup where capturing points was linear so it was one giant battle after the other? It is no good spreading different gameplay styles over different islands because we only have three islands and already the population is spread too thin. I reckon on release SOE will do the usual and release a ton of servers, demand goes high so they release a load more, then a drop off happens but they fail to merge any servers. That then leaves the population spread so thin that people quit because of it.

All that ever happens on Indar is the NC and Vanu ignore each other and only head North. So the TR population moves from side to side, as they win against the Vanu, they move over to the NC and then the Vanu reclaim all the territory again, rinse and repeat. Then all that happens on the other two islands is one empire gets fed up of Indar and quickly dominates one of the other islands. The other Islands just don't play well either because they're over so quickly...

I hate how you can capture points, it isn't shown on the map and you still don't own the base. So you then have to wait around doing nothing to capture the base before it is shown on the map. They've got the base because they're so open and impossible to defend, you might as well give it to them rather than making thins confusing and boring.

I also have another idea, when it isn't prime time you need to cap the islands down to just one because you can only play Planetside 2 in a small window of every day or there is no one around.