PDA

View Full Version : Jackhammer ETA?

Beerbeer
2012-11-14, 05:35 PM
Lasher: good to go
MCG: check
Jackhammer:?

Anyone know when they're going to adjust this gun? Is it even on the radar? Makes me nervous I haven't heard anything about it lately so close to the end of beta.

1. Increase ROF
2. Change the damage vs range profile to be on par with its brethren or have it more damage friendly up close with a huge but infinite damage drop off at range.
3. Reduce reload time
4. Bump standard ammo capacity to 10 rounds with the clip bumping it to 14.

Srixun
2012-11-14, 05:42 PM
jackhammer is where it will be imo, because people cant stop whining about shotguns. :P

TBH the jackhammer should be a one shot kill in close range, ITS A HIGH POWERED SHOTGUN FROM THE FUTURE!

Beerbeer
2012-11-14, 05:46 PM
That's too bad if it's true. I gravitate towards those three guns a lot and the jackhammer, IMO, is really bad now and can't even compare to the general shotguns.

AThreatToYou
2012-11-14, 05:50 PM
Well, see, it's supposed to have three barrels of noob derp fun, and now it only has one, so it's no wonder it's 1/3rd of the gun it used to be.

Renegadeknight
2012-11-15, 12:30 AM
Tweet the devs or something. I feel for you guys, it sucks when your heavy weapon is shit.

Methonius
2012-11-15, 04:11 PM
Ya I must say I play VS and I miss getting pissed off from getting triple shotted from your guys jackhammers. They should add that back in lol.

Beerbeer
2012-11-15, 04:25 PM
Honestly, they can nuke triple shot as far as I'm concerned. Never used it in ps1 and haven't even tried using it here. It's a novelty to me.

If they're balancing this gun based on the triple shot, get rid of the triple shot IMO, so at least it's useable in "normal" form.

ringring
2012-11-15, 04:35 PM

Anyone know when they're going to adjust this gun? Is it even on the radar? Makes me nervous I haven't heard anything about it lately so close to the end of beta.

1. Increase ROF
2. Change the damage vs range profile to be on par with its brethren or have it more damage friendly up close with a huge but infinite damage drop off at range.
3. Reduce reload time
MCG is getting a buff according to Higby .. so that you don't need to predict the future as to when you going to see an enemy.

But JH doesn't seem to be half the weapon it was in ps1.

Rodel
2012-11-15, 06:18 PM
As a VS I agree. You need a dominent heavy weapon. They fixed the lasher so your probably next.

Goldeh
2012-11-15, 09:01 PM

1. Increase ROF
3. Reduce reload time

Well pressing B well make it fire 3 rounds with one button press so, there's that?

DDSHADE
2012-11-15, 09:14 PM
I want to see the triple barrels from PS1!! It's got an iconic look to it. The PS2 JH looks like an ACTUAL Jackhammer with the chisel taken out.
PS2 Jackhammer
http://www.ps2wiki.net/images/f/f2/Rampart.png

IRL Jackhammer
http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/rotary-hammer-drill.jpg

PS1 awesome Jackhammer
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/images/thumb/2/2a/NC-Jackhammer.jpg/300px-NC-Jackhammer.jpg