PDA

View Full Version : Do you think PS2 will get NO:1 most played

OpolE
2012-11-17, 05:03 PM
http://www.xfire.com/games/ps2/PlanetSide_2/

I wonder if it will get into the top 10. It would be great to see it be first for a period of time

Also doesn't steam track hours played now?

I know back in the day Xfire wasn't popular but PS1 managed to get to 13th highest
http://www.xfire.com/games/ps/PlanetSide/

If PS2 can't get there or beat 13th then you have your answer on a winner.

Bags
2012-11-17, 05:16 PM
Wow, xfre is still used?

Genuinely surprised.

Sunrock
2012-11-17, 05:29 PM
I'm just surprised that anyone cares what a total strangers play at all :rolleyes:

sylphaen
2012-11-17, 05:37 PM
Well, if you live in a society, it can be meaningful to have an idea about what your neighbours/fellow citizens think.

We're in the context of a game but knowing what others think (eg: do they REALLY hate you that much ?) can be useful. Especially if they can have an effect on your life.
:D

In the context of PS2: a successful game played by a lot of people means a dynamic game where you have more chances to find your own fun.

Per se, you're right since it will not change anything in the end result but I guess most people appreciate knowing which multiplayer games are successful and which are worth trying (the number of players being a variable that could be useful to guess a game's value - of course, many wrong does not make a right but it could point towards one).
;)

Sunrock
2012-11-17, 06:04 PM
Well if you like the game. Way do you care if some one else does not? I mean I'm happy as long as I get what I want.

Sure word to mouth is important as that can help you know about games you have not played yet. But only looking at how many players play game X can't really tell anything if you don't know if they have the same definition of what a good game is as you have. We have to be realistic here and acknowledge that we all like different things and something you think is really fun can be extremely boring to me. And thinking that the "mainstream" knows that is the best game does not have to be true for everyone. Therefor listing how many players play game X only tells you if the game is financially doing good if you want to buy some stock in the company. If the more players a game have the better it is would be true then McDonalds would have three stars in the Michelin guide.

sylphaen
2012-11-17, 06:39 PM
Well if you like the game. Way do you care if some one else does not? I mean I'm happy as long as I get what I want.

Sure word to mouth is important as that can help you know about games you have not played yet. But only looking at how many players play game X can't really tell anything if you don't know if they have the same definition of what a good game is as you have. We have to be realistic here and acknowledge that we all like different things and something you think is really fun can be extremely boring to me. And thinking that the "mainstream" knows that is the best game does not have to be true for everyone. Therefor listing how many players play game X only tells you if the game is financially doing good if you want to buy some stock in the company. If the more players a game have the better it is would be true then McDonalds would have three stars in the Michelin guide.

That's exactly why I said: "of course, many wrong does not make a right"
But it could ! I did not like FPS games and one day I tried Half Life.
:)

SKYeXile
2012-11-17, 06:42 PM
here's a better list:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Phantomdestiny
2012-11-17, 06:52 PM
we might be able to beat borderlands and cs:go but it doubt more ; because i don't think they will have enough people interested at launch maybe later

SKYeXile
2012-11-17, 07:59 PM
we might be able to beat borderlands and cs:go but it doubt more ; because i don't think they will have enough people interested at launch maybe later

steam should bring a fair influx of people.

Hamma
2012-11-17, 08:38 PM
Would be awesome to see it on that list.

Marinealver
2012-11-17, 11:35 PM
It will Peak at launch, after that, I really don't see much happening.

Conq
2012-11-17, 11:40 PM
Would love to see this game on the top of any list but every game I've liked in the past few years has tanked just a few months after launch. I have no hope left.

Chinchy
2012-11-18, 01:24 PM
People still use Xfire?

haberman13
2012-11-18, 02:25 PM
I HOPE it becomes #1 on PC.

It DESERVES to be.

Hopefully people give it a chance. I don't see why a BF3 player wouldn't switch over, after experiencing the flow of battle and seeing how it all works.