PDA

View Full Version : So what's the Pro7 deal?

Bags
2012-11-17, 06:59 PM
What's the deal with it? I have a friend in Spain, can he play on USA servers? If so, how?

Thanks.

RadarX
2012-11-17, 07:01 PM
All ProSieben and SOE customers will be able to play on any of our servers regardless of which company their account is with. Obviously I wouldn't recommend someone from Spain playing on the West Coast server for instance, but that option is available.

RadarX
2012-11-17, 07:19 PM
¿Por qué?

A causa de ping time. Si?

Bags
2012-11-17, 07:23 PM
Thanks.

Bags
2012-11-19, 10:53 PM
11:46 PM - Tangerine Cookie~♥: Do I have to download a different client for the US and EU servers, or is there any way to change where you are connecting to?

Bags
2012-11-19, 11:18 PM
anyone?

GrmlZ
2012-11-20, 12:13 AM
As far as i am aware its the same client, no need for an extra download.
Just choose what sever when you create a char,the same way it worked in the beta i guess.

Rothnang
2012-11-20, 12:17 AM
International ping times are no problem at all, when I first got the Beta I was living in Singapore, moved to the US again three weeks ago, noticed no difference in latency despite playing on an east coast server the whole time...

EvilBeegee
2012-11-20, 04:12 AM
I'm in the EU and I want to play on a US server. Do I have to migrate my station account to Pro 7 do I just download the US version and keep using my old Station account?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sylphaen
2012-11-20, 04:15 AM
Being with SOE or Pro7 will not matter for choosing the server you play on.

Create a Pro7 account if you live in Europe and are creating your account for the first time.

EvilBeegee
2012-11-20, 04:17 AM
Being with SOE or Pro7 will not matter for choosing the server you play on.

Create a Pro7 account if you live in Europe and are creating your account for the first time.

Right, but I'm not creating an account for the first time. I have a Station account which I've had since PS1 beta years ago. If possible I'd like to just keep using this account and not migrate to Pro7, I was wondering if that was an option.

Mechzz
2012-11-20, 04:19 AM
Right, but I'm not creating an account for the first time. I have a Station account which I've had since PS1 beta years ago. If possible I'd like to just keep using this account and not migrate to Pro7, I was wondering if that was an option.

It is an option. Smed or whoever confirmed some time back that customers with existing Station accounts do not need to migrate to Pro7 unless we want to. I'm staying with SOE at least until I see how well Pro7 does.

EvilBeegee
2012-11-20, 04:20 AM
It is an option. Smed or whoever confirmed some time back that customers with existing Station accounts do not need to migrate to Pro7 unless we want to. I'm staying with SOE at least until I see how well Pro7 does.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll be staying with SOE too then, like you said I want to wait and see how Pro7 does with PS2. I wasn't too impressed with how they handled the DCUO migration.

sylphaen
2012-11-20, 04:23 AM

FYI, if your account is in USD and you want to pay in another currency (eg. EUR prices which include VAT), you should contact SOE support.

If you already have an existing SOE account and already in EUR (or your preferred currency) from the Werner era, then I think there is nothing special to do and you can just pay a membership/SC at SOE like you used to do with PS1 (or other SOE games) and enjoy.

ChipMHazard
2012-11-20, 04:57 AM

Aye seems like the most sensible thing to do, imo. I still don't really know what the difference will be like, I have no idea what Pro7's plans are in this regard.
I would very much so have liked for Pro7 to have been better at showing us, their future customers, why we should pick them over SOE.