PDA

View Full Version : Are the official forums down? (if so, for how long?)

TheStigma
2012-11-18, 03:23 AM
Hey all,

Are the official forums down? When I try to access them I only seem to get redirected to the front page with the count-down and I haven't been able to get around that.

Are they down or just moved or something like that? I was really looking forward to having the forums availiable to spend my time on until release both to whittle the time away and to be able to formulate my strategy on what server to join, what faction to choose, what outfit to apply for ect. so I realy hope they aren't just going to be completely down until release. If they are down until release then I don't really understand that choice. They must realize that the hardcore fans will find this extremely inconvenient. I can understand some quick maintainance to set them up with new categories and such for launch but...

Do any of you have any info on this? I'm not saying that PSU's forums are bad but that just isn't where most people have been congregating up until now and I feel a bit cut off from the majority of the community because of this.

-Stigma

MaDGunner
2012-11-18, 03:53 AM
back up after release...

TheStigma
2012-11-18, 04:22 AM
back up after release...

Damnit!

Do you have a source, or is this conjecture?

-Stigma

Raka Maru
2012-11-18, 04:25 AM
Actually PSU IS the place... :)

Had to spend a lot of time in the beta forums, but so glad to be back here.

TheStigma
2012-11-18, 04:36 AM
Actually PSU IS the place... :)

Had to spend a lot of time in the beta forums, but so glad to be back here.

Maybe it has the quality and seniority of members advantage - but it can't compare in volume/activity unfortunately.

-Stigma

Raka Maru
2012-11-18, 05:09 AM
Maybe it has the quality and seniority of members advantage - but it can't compare in volume/activity unfortunately.

-Stigma

Like going to your favorite coffee shop to hang out with buddies as opposed to attending a convention with buddies.

TheStigma
2012-11-18, 05:53 AM
Like going to your favorite coffee shop to hang out with buddies as opposed to attending a convention with buddies.

Well put. Each has its role. In the days waiting for release I just feel like I want as much info and analysis to go on as I can. I've "only" spent an hour or two here now and I already feel like I've exhausted the amount of relevant posts made within the last few days.

Oh well - maybe I should just go find a good movie or something to take my mind of instead (fat chance... =P )

-Stigma

Alox
2012-11-18, 05:59 AM
Go to you tube and watch planetside 2 movies. Should be enough to keep you busy till Tuesday. :p

Dkamanus
2012-11-18, 07:09 AM
Must...lay off...this...crack...

Raka Maru
2012-11-18, 07:19 AM
Or you can jump into a tank/aircraft/sniper debate. Those take me a few days to read through before I even attempt to reply. :)

Crator
2012-11-18, 07:49 AM
Surprised they didn't give everyone in beta free time in PS1.

Hamma
2012-11-18, 12:16 PM
They will be back and cleared on the 20th, in the meantime welcome back to PSU ;)

MaDGunner
2012-11-18, 01:23 PM
Damnit!

Do you have a source, or is this conjecture?

-Stigma

They said on twitter that they need time to get everything set up. So I take this as they're wiping everything and setting it back up.

Hermes
2012-11-19, 11:32 AM
Internet issues prevented me from taking part in the last month of beta - was hoping to be able to trawl through all the announcements and threads I missed :(

I'd ask for a summary of what happened but i'd probably light up 4 controversial discussions all at once. ;)

BigpermCML
2012-11-19, 11:35 AM
Something tells me that this place will be just as busy as the official forums, in respect to general chatter.

Official forums will remain full of "Y MOMS DELL NO 60 FPS". And "I did nothing wrong and got weapons lock!"

Rolfski
2012-11-19, 11:42 AM
So far, I have found this forum more mature and more friendly than the SOE one. And please, don't get me started on the constantly required re-logging.

One thing I miss in this forum though; the possibility to give likes to posts.

Hamma
2012-11-19, 12:02 PM
Good to hear!

We used to have likes on posts but it caused issues.

Fear The Amish
2012-11-19, 12:53 PM
Something tells me that this place will be just as busy as the official forums, in respect to general chatter.

Official forums will remain full of "Y MOMS DELL NO 60 FPS". And "I did nothing wrong and got weapons lock!"

yeah those posts were annoying also the "THIS GAME NO PLANETSIDE THIS GAME BATTLECODSIDE!!!" and the passive aggressive im leaving unless you do X posts.

psijaka
2012-11-19, 12:58 PM
Why bother with the official forum when we have this one?

Only thing the official forum was good for is reporting beta bugs. But now that the beta is over.....

Hamma
2012-11-19, 03:55 PM
Happy to have everyone :) Those who end up abusing this forum will be back on the official site in short order either voluntarily or by force. :p

Raka Maru
2012-11-19, 11:31 PM
Why bother with the official forum when we have this one?

Only thing the official forum was good for is reporting beta bugs. But now that the beta is over.....

And this is so true... Had a lot of bugs to report/discuss there. Was relieved when it was over. I have a feeling, the Devs will continue to watch PSU closely for the more honest and gritty opinions. :D

QuantumMechanic
2012-11-19, 11:52 PM
Official forums will remain full of ... "I did nothing wrong and got weapons lock!"

lmao! Oh man. Oh, man. Just.. man.