PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Outfits for launch to help promote Community as well as act as a Tutorial

Shinjorai
2012-11-18, 04:14 AM
I know Hamma and a lot of other people have expressed a concern about the lack of tutorial type tools being in the game at launch. I know they have those little basic pop ups at the end of beta that gave a brief overview but as a new player i could still see the game being potentially confusing and a lot to try to learn all at once.

I was contacted by one of the members of Xen of Onslaught with this idea and i just wanted to make this post to try and pass the idea along as i think its a great one and will benefit new players as well as the community as a whole.I hope that all of the outfits out there no matter what faction will read this and participate in it.

The idea is basically at launch, we sit at the warpgate and run open squads specifically for new players. We help them learn the ins and outs of the game and show them that the community is helpful and willing to welcome new players. I realize its a good idea to run open squads anyway for recruitment etc but the idea is that this is "specifically focused" on new players.

I sincerely hope that SOE will eventually implement the mission system they had discussed as new players are going to be the lifeblood of this game and any barriers to learning the game will slow down the inflow of new players.
So hopefully if we can come up with ideas similar to this it will help counteract some of that.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope that a lot of outfits will participate in this and it will show that the community is willing to work together toward a common goal of helping new players learn the game as well as promoting teamwork and goodwill amongst the populace.

Hope yall are having a good weekend so far and see everybody at launch!