PDA

View Full Version : Will SC purchases be account or character specific?

Mauser101
2012-11-18, 02:01 PM
Title pretty much says it.

Some folks from my outfit are recommending holding off on SC purchases at release in case we move servers. I'm thinking that it only makes sense that SC purchases and Alpha Squad unlocks are not tied to a single character but all characters on your account.

Have we seen confirmation one way or another? I haven't seen it but I also don't spend much time scouring twitter.

Neurotoxin
2012-11-18, 02:04 PM
I hope it is account-wide, but I'm pretty sure it is per character. As far as I'm aware, only Alpha Squad applies to every character the player creates, but I don't know that any other purchases are going to apply the same way.

ChipMHazard
2012-11-18, 02:18 PM
I haven't seen/heard any mention of SC purchases being account wide. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't function in the same was as unlocking the same items with cert points as in it being character specific.
I guess something like camo could be account wide but I very much doubt it.
Hopefully Radar will see this and give you an official answer.

Beerbeer
2012-11-18, 02:23 PM
Good question. I'm curious about this as well.

If I purchase something with SC, will I be able to use it on newly created characters on the same or different servers?

I think SC unlocks should be account wide. Cert unlocks per character.

Aluka
2012-11-18, 02:25 PM
Even if they are not account wide. It has very little impact in reality...except of course the OP's situation. Typically, players will create 1 character on their favorite low ping server and stick with it.

They could always make a new character but...most likely on a different server (as to not delete their main character) with a different empire (to try something new).

Account wide would be nice though...but in my case, I know I will never need it.

basti
2012-11-18, 02:44 PM
Stuff you buy is bound to your character.

Sturmhardt
2012-11-18, 02:51 PM
I think it's okay that bought weapons are character bound, but cosmetics should be account wide available. You don't get any advantage and you paid for it, so why not?

Beerbeer
2012-11-18, 02:52 PM
I wonder if Sony would ever add account purchases, at a premium?

Say you can either spend X SC for one character or Y for all characters of that faction created on your account? Maybe make Y a 25% premium?

LostSoul
2012-11-18, 03:52 PM
Don't forget that the alpha packaged deal meant names will be unique on ALL servers, so i think there will be a "move character" function in.

So yeah, SC you spend on one character you won't be able to spend on another.

Sifer2
2012-11-18, 03:58 PM
I think it's okay that bought weapons are character bound, but cosmetics should be account wide available. You don't get any advantage and you paid for it, so why not?

Actually not only are cosmetics bound to one character a lot of them are one time use. Meaning you buy a camo, and can only apply it to one class or weapon or something then have to buy it again if you want to use it again.

As for changing servers I think it's highly likely they will do paid character transfers.

sylphaen
2012-11-18, 04:04 PM
The 50% bonus xp is account wide with a subscription though. So items-wise, if you use multiple characters, get them with SC or go on a subscription and get them with certs.

Only do both if you really really really want to get every single item asap.

Fortunately, customizations do not affect gameplay so buy at your own discretion.

Knocky
2012-11-18, 04:11 PM
I imagine that store items will be character purchases.

Alpha items and subscription based bonuses are account wide.

derito
2012-11-18, 04:25 PM
As Basti said, SC store items are character-bound.
Source : Smedley on twitter.

Hamma
2012-11-18, 08:13 PM
It is indeed char specific.

EVILPIG
2012-11-18, 09:35 PM
It is indeed char specific.

Of course weapons that you buy will be, but what about the logos, the 12 weapons and XP implant for Alpha Squad? I was under the impression that any character you create would have those. How would that work if limited? Just the first character you create gets them?

Beerbeer
2012-11-18, 09:39 PM
Someone mentioned that the alpha squad stuff is account based so you'll have those unlocks everywhere.

haticK
2012-11-18, 09:50 PM
Of course weapons that you buy will be, but what about the logos, the 12 weapons and XP implant for Alpha Squad? I was under the impression that any character you create would have those. How would that work if limited? Just the first character you create gets them?

All Alpha Squad stuff is account-wide (confirmed by Smedley).