PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Subcription - £8 per month!

Mechzz
2012-11-18, 02:43 PM
Just found this on the PS2 section of the SOE website:

http://i.imgur.com/t7RP9.png (http://imgur.com/t7RP9)

Would you pay £8.99 per month?

I might be tempted by the 6 month option as that gives the full 50(?)% XP bonus from day 1.

Thoughts?

Beerbeer
2012-11-18, 02:46 PM
I'm going to buy in six month chunks as well.

ringring
2012-11-18, 02:46 PM
Yep I am certainly tempted.

Sturmhardt
2012-11-18, 02:49 PM
Hm, 10€/month if I buy 6 months seems fair to me. I was afraid that 15$ would translate into 15€. I'll see how it goes, I got pretty much SC waiting around and I guess I can get pretty far with that....plus the game is not where I want it to be yet, if they deliver some dreams of mine I will pay more.

Fafnir
2012-11-18, 02:49 PM
Defenitely not right off the bat, but I'll consider it.

Buggsy
2012-11-18, 02:52 PM
Would you pay £8.99 per month?

"Where are true sidegrades, these upgrade options are tame and lame"

"I still think the PS1 class system was vastly superior to the BF2 class system. Where's the freedom of the PS1 inventory/class system?"

"still really need cloaked AMS"

"how about some effective defensive CE tools, 2 lousy claymores that only work 15% of the time aint gonna cut it"

"Rocketpods need a massive nerf"

"What the fuck did you do to AA?"

"still CTD'ing on the last day of BETA"

"OS=lame, why would you even consider bringing it back"

how about no.

haticK
2012-11-18, 02:52 PM
sweet, they said they weren't doing discounts for multiple months

Fafnir
2012-11-18, 02:57 PM
BTW how did you change currency type in your account settings? I'm unable to switch mine from US dollars to euro.

Mechzz
2012-11-18, 03:02 PM
BTW how did you change currency type in your account settings? I'm unable to switch mine from US dollars to euro.

I'm in the UK so my credit card is in British pounds.

I also noticed they've reduced PS1 to £7.49 per month - it was still £15 when I last resubbed in March. Still, going F2P soon, so not such an issue.

haticK
2012-11-18, 03:03 PM
I notice on the next page it says this:

If you buy this Game Pass, you will be automatically charged $71.94 (plus applicable taxes) every 6 months until you cancel. You can cancel by logging into your SOE account and selecting “Game Pass Info” then “Cancel;” if you do that, your Game Pass will be cancelled at the end of the period in which you cancel your account, but nothing will be refunded to you.

That means you can cancel immediately and still keep your 6 month membership right? It almost sounds like you can't cancel until the last day of your membership or you lose it with no refund.

Mechzz
2012-11-18, 03:07 PM

That means you can cancel immediately and still keep your 6 month membership right? It almost sounds like you can't cancel until the last day of your membership or you lose it with no refund.

Nah, you can cancel as soon as you have successfully subscribed. You still get your 6 months.

PS1 was my first ever MMO and I didn't realise they set up an auto-renew. That's why I played for 6 months rather than 3!

Beerbeer
2012-11-18, 03:08 PM
It should be since they'll still have your money for that period even if you cancelled the day after you purchased.

BlueSmiley
2012-11-18, 03:08 PM

"if you do that, your Game Pass will be cancelled at the end of the period in which you cancel your account"

If you pay for six months and cancel right away, you'll have your six months you have paid. The membership will stop at the end of the period you have chosen.

I'm sure they want to make a whole lot of cash with this game, but SOE aren't thieves. :P

Harrod
2012-11-18, 03:09 PM
Reads to me that it'll cancel the recurring purchase, but you'll keep your access until the end of the current billing period.

Beerbeer
2012-11-18, 03:11 PM
Actually, I may go a few days as a total FTP just to see the differences.

haticK
2012-11-18, 03:14 PM
Thanks, that's what I figured I just wanted to make sure, the wording was confusing me.

Harrod
2012-11-18, 03:14 PM
I'm considering a 1-off 6 month period, just for that initial period. The 50% bonus sounds nice, and £40 isn't bad for a game. I've already paid that for AS though, so I dunno...

BlueSmiley
2012-11-18, 03:20 PM
So, I've just checked this out on my own and it seems like there is no paypal option.
I guess SOE doesn't want my money? :') Why could I pay with paypal for the Alpha Pack and not for the membership? xD

SKYeXile
2012-11-18, 03:20 PM
they better not mess up all access and give me my 50% bonus >:/ i resubbed for a year back in jan, and was told by smed and their accounts that all access would cover PS2 and that i would get the 50% bonus, i remain sceptical.

Harrod
2012-11-18, 03:26 PM
Was that in writing somewhere? If you resubbed because of something you can link him back to, I suspect they'll either make it so or refund you. He seems to have been giving pretty good customer service so far so I doubt you'll get a foboff.

SKYeXile
2012-11-18, 03:28 PM
Was that in writing somewhere? If you resubbed because of something you can link him back to, I suspect they'll either make it so or refund you. He seems to have been giving pretty good customer service so far so I doubt you'll get a foboff.

in an email.

they said they have to manually add the all access accounts over to ps2 at the launch of PS2, i foresee somebody forgetting or a stuff up though.

DirtyBird
2012-11-18, 03:30 PM
Well at least you are prepared for it.

Harrod
2012-11-18, 03:31 PM
in an email.

they said they have to manually add the all access accounts over to ps2 at the launch of PS2, i foresee somebody forgetting or a stuff up though.

Tweet or email that to Smed, CC'ing radar in. One of them should make sure something happens :)

SKYeXile
2012-11-18, 03:31 PM
I wonder if i should write a canned message now saying that im not getting the bonus.

Fafnir
2012-11-18, 03:33 PM
So, I've just checked this out on my own and it seems like there is no paypal option.
I guess SOE doesn't want my money? :') Why could I pay with paypal for the Alpha Pack and not for the membership? xD

No PayPal option? Without it I will have to convert my account to Pro7, if I want subscription, because SOE doesn't accept credit cards from my country.

Harrod
2012-11-18, 03:36 PM
I wonder if i should write a canned message now saying that im not getting the bonus.

Something in writing is something in writing. If you bought something because of something advertised and you can prove it was advertised clearly, you should get something; it'd be pretty poor service to say 'we changed our minds, tough luck'. Possibly illegal, but that'd require investigation and would be way overkill for this early stage of communication. :) Just ask nicely if that is still the case, stating that you resubbed because of it and are concerned that it may not happen.

DirtyBird
2012-11-18, 03:40 PM
AU subs.
And I noticed an All Access pop up when I accessed the page so those using it might be ok...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62192273/AE%20PS2%20subs.jpg

Powdermonkey
2012-11-18, 04:09 PM
You got to be fucking kidding me you Brits get off by paying 7.69£ = 9.60€ a month (6 month plan) while us Sweds have to pay 100SEK = 11.6€ a month (6 month plan).
That's just not fair why should it differ?

Piper
2012-11-18, 04:13 PM
Interesting. Was wondering what currency I would be charged in if I stayed an SoE customer and didn't migrate to Pro7 (I'd rather pay the organ grinder and not the monkey).

Seems to be sterling then? Didn't buy Alpha, haven't bought any basic Smed' bucks and my plan all along was to sub', just like any old MMO.

Six month plan, with all the front-loaded benefits it gives, seems like the best bet. :)

Thanks for info' digging.

EDIT. And I expect those prices won't include VAT.

derito
2012-11-18, 04:20 PM
They say we get 500 bonus SC per month with the auto-renew plan.

Is it 500 plus the 500 we were told about when they redesigned the membership or does this mean the only way to get SC from membership is to activate auto-renewal ?

haticK
2012-11-18, 04:24 PM

Is it 500 plus the 500 we were told about when they redesigned the membership or does this mean the only way to get SC from membership is to activate auto-renewal ?

That's what I'm curious about. It sounds like if you were to cancel auto-renew you won't get 500 SC each month so I guess we will have to cancel after getting 500 SC for whatever your last month would be.

sylphaen
2012-11-18, 04:28 PM
Interesting. Was wondering what currency I would be charged in if I stayed an SoE customer and didn't migrate to Pro7 (I'd rather pay the organ grinder and not the monkey).

Seems to be sterling then? Didn't buy Alpha, haven't bought any basic Smed' bucks and my plan all along was to sub', just like any old MMO.

Six month plan, with all the front-loaded benefits it gives, seems like the best bet. :)

Thanks for info' digging.

EDIT. And I expect those prices won't include VAT.

However, 5 years down the road, no Alpha Squad = no bragging rights.
:P

Just kidding. FYI, I'm in the same situation as you. Except I did not decide NOT to buy AS... :D
There was a technical difficulty with payment processing the day of the deadline which locked transactions on my account. Then I just had my eyes left to cry as the deadline passed.
:boohoo:

On the other hand, a sub is a good thing too and I have my budget left for that.
;)

BY the way, has anyone else had experience with SOE support recently ? I have found that service has improved immensely compared to a few years ago.

ChipMHazard
2012-11-18, 04:33 PM
If I do end up buying membership it will probably be for the priority access, I don't care all that much about getting a +25-50% boost. We'll see what the server situation looks likes when it's time for release.

Piper
2012-11-18, 04:36 PM
However, 5 years down the road, no Alpha Squad = no bragging rights.
:P

Just kidding. FYI, I'm in the same situation as you. Except I did not decide NOT to buy AS... :D

Er....yes and no. :p Can still say I beta-tested and point to my 03-07 time in Ps1. :D

There was just nothing in Alpha-squad I really wanted.

A badge.....blah, not a boy-scout. :p
Titles. Don't use 'em.
Camo'=fluff. I've always viewed the Planetside empires as Napoleonic era troops, wearing loud colours so that they can IFF easily.
Extra gunz=marginal improvements over the default given the TTK in Ps2.
Smed' bux....meh, whatever, get some with a sub', it'll do.
Name reserve....was tempting but I don't really have a lasting and persistent gaming tag, more than happy to pick something new.

Subscription suits me. Feels right. :)

As to SoE support, I thought we'd been promised proper 24/7 support for Ps2. Not just GMBrewko and his ban hammer and meteor fits. :rolleyes:

PhoenixDog
2012-11-18, 04:37 PM
I'm definitely going to consider it. I'll see how the game feels, how things gain and such with just the default stuff and if I want that extra boost (Aside from Implants), I'll look into it. I still have Alpha Squad and a ton of Station Cash reserved though, so..

sylphaen
2012-11-18, 04:41 PM
Er....yes and no. :p Can still say I beta-tested and point to my 03-07 time in Ps1. :D

There was just nothing in Alpha-squad I really wanted.

A badge.....blah, not a boy-scout. :p
Titles. Don't use 'em.
Camo'=fluff. I've always viewed the Planetside empires as Napoleonic era troops, wearing loud colours so that they can IFF easily.
Extra gunz=marginal improvements over the default given the TTK in Ps2.
Smed' bux....meh, whatever, get some with a sub', it'll do.
Name reserve....was tempting but I don't really have a lasting and persistent gaming tag, more than happy to pick something new.

Subscription suits me. Feels right. :)

As to SoE support, I thought we'd been promised proper 24/7 support for Ps2. Not just GMBrewko and his ban hammer and meteor fits. :rolleyes:

I like your style !
pimp:

For the dedicated PS2 support, we'll know on Tuesday.
:D

Chefkoch
2012-11-18, 04:52 PM
Mmm wasn´t PS1 15€ / Month ?

Mechzz
2012-11-18, 04:58 PM

My reading is that the 500 is the only 500 you get. And SOE station pass has always been auto-renew that's not new for PS2. But as I mentioned earlier, you can sub and then immediately cancel so you don't get stung for an extra 6 months you don't necessarily want.

At £8.99 per 500 that's around £1.80 per 100 SC. So from an economic point of view it's not worth it - the SC I have for launch cost me only £0.50 per 100 SC that's from Alpha Squad and some I bought in the 3x SC sale. So the sub is an expensive way to buy SC.

Like others have said, the swinger might be the priority access to my preferred server. Let's see how launch day and the few days after that go.

Lohki
2012-11-19, 06:06 AM
No PayPal option? Without it I will have to convert my account to Pro7, if I want subscription, because SOE doesn't accept credit cards from my country.

After last year 'incident' when 12,700 non-US credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates may have been stolen from SOE I guess they block all non-US issued cards. I tried my Mastercard and Visa, both didn't work.

I really hope they fix it soon and add PayPal option otherwise they will loose a lot of $. Especially as I see their deal with Pro7 is not there yet.

Rago
2012-11-19, 06:32 AM
I got a Year, was about 7€ a Month i think.

Well Thinking about paying this and would be so much in Station Cash, is kind of Nonsense for me, why should i care ? ! I imply don´t care.I buy Station cash only if it it´s Triple anyway,...

Paying with Visa NO Problem.And changing the Data after it,..

Deadite
2012-11-19, 06:41 AM
Got 6 months, that's like £130 I've sunk into the game now... but I'm pretty sure I will be playing it longer than the SWTOR collectors edition of the same price :(:lol:

Mechzz
2012-11-19, 06:44 AM
I got a Year, was about 7€ a Month i think.

Well Thinking about paying this and would be so much in Station Cash, is kind of Nonsense for me, why should i care ? ! I imply don´t care.I buy Station cash only if it it´s Triple anyway,...

Paying with Visa NO Problem.And changing the Data after it,..

I'm kinda siding with this. The only fly in the ointment might be queues. If I see a sign saying "please wait 30 mins to log on to your chosen server" I can see me heading to SOE.com pronto to get a priority access membership :-)

DorkSided
2012-11-19, 08:55 AM
Can't buy subscription with paypal but I can buy smedbux with paypal what the hell...

Can you buy a subscription in game with smedbux?

Mechzz
2012-11-19, 09:05 AM
Can't buy subscription with paypal but I can buy smedbux with paypal what the hell...

I remember Smed replying "no" when someone asked if they could pay their sub with Alpha Squad SC.

Vreki
2012-11-19, 09:07 AM

I believe they decided against that because of the SmedBuxSales.
A bit schizophrenic really, why have the sales at all then?

NEWSKIS
2012-11-19, 10:13 AM
I bought the Alpha Squad thing, but I'm not going to buy a subscription for a few days so I can see how the various bonus mechanics work together. This way I'll get the most for my money and won't buy several things only to find out they don't stack. I'll wait for official word on a few things and to see how it goes for other people :)

bmfof
2012-11-19, 11:02 AM
I really want to give them (more of) my money, but no paypal means no option for me to do so.