PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited!

SKYeXile
2012-11-19, 11:57 PM
Words cannot convey my excitement for this game...well certainly not my words anyway, its been years since iv been this excited for an FPS...I think since COD:MW or perhaps Outfit Wars(that's right, I went there) its great to be back into this shit.

While I was at first skeptical on a few paths chosen in the development of this game i do really think all those roads have lead to a good destination, however I thinks there's still along way to go, id like to see a lot more real choice's in your loadout and certs and perhaps someday go back to a more restrictive system as i have BR40 fears, but that could be the cliche bitter PS1 vet in me.

Its great to see heaps of familiar names back and so many fresh ones too, perhaps we shall see some new champions emerge, I wish everybody luck, be your continuing the thousands years of senseless fighting in Europe, partaking in something that resembles the scene in starship troopers on the east coast where the bugs advance by piling corpses up, crossing...swords on the west coast or just chilling in Australia.

To the true Veterans, while I have no doubt history will repeat itself in all regards, its still a new game on a new battlefield without warping, do yourself proud and give these kids something new to cry about.

I wish the game, like PS1 supported playing at a high ping just that alittle bit better as I would love to join my old friends and enemies now heading to Connery. But I will will join the fight on Briggs, perhaps the server will die, but I wont be that guy that helped fulfill that prophecy, we shall see what the future holds though. TRF will be heading to Briggs in force along with our our allies The Elite where we will do battle against the primitive New Conglomerate barbarians and those who wish to oppress our technological advancement as a race from the Terran Republic.

I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield, likely from high up on my perch.

Brusi
2012-11-20, 12:04 AM
My excitement has been somewhat dampened by the fact that i cannot take the day off work, and my mother-in-law is staying this week.

worst... timing... ever...

Minor
2012-11-20, 12:07 AM
My excitement has been somewhat dampened by the fact that i cannot take the day off work, and my mother-in-law is staying this week.

worst... timing... ever...

I don't have a job and fighting for my rights with 2 government agencies up here in Canada.

Try living in Canada for a week. Be thankful lol.

You won't miss much other than the zerg through the ever crashing gauntlet of never ending downed servers of doom, just to find out you had to sub to get in front of everyone...Luckily you have a job, and your mother in law can probably cook?

SKYeXile
2012-11-20, 12:07 AM
I got a week off :)

Sardus
2012-11-20, 01:00 AM
DIE! :)

QuantumMechanic
2012-11-20, 01:06 AM
I gotta say I feel more like tonight is Christmas Eve than I have felt in... Well, since Stomper 4x4s were all the rage.

fod
2012-11-20, 01:24 AM
5am start on the aus server and im still gonna be there
although im thinking its going to be pretty empty at 5am im still gonna join and ghosthack the world

SKYeXile
2012-11-20, 02:01 AM
5am start on the aus server and im still gonna be there
although im thinking its going to be pretty empty at 5am im still gonna join and ghosthack the world

yea well figure 2 hours to download, a further 3 for SOE to unfuck their login servers, down for another 2 hours for an emergency patch, should be good to play by noon maybe.

Sentnl
2012-11-20, 02:08 AM
I'm so excited!

Raka Maru
2012-11-20, 02:12 AM
8:00 AM start here in Hawaii. Got my Alpha Squad name reservation done, off work tomorrow, no appointments, gonna watch the countdown timer in full screen while waiting for the download link.

Yes, I'm all set! :D

Honelith
2012-11-20, 02:57 AM
9 hours to go so I can spend the next 5 hours or so downloading first. :(

Still excited ofcourse. :D

creaturemagic
2012-11-20, 03:15 AM
8 hours 45 minutes as I'm posting. Unfortunately I have exams tomorrow, and while I will get up at 4 am for the Aussie launch, I'm thinking it won't download quickly enough for a game before exams. How big will it be do you think? I get 400-500 kb/s here and 1 gb takes ~ 1 hour. So... I can't see I'll be playing until the 22nd :(

ikon
2012-11-20, 03:16 AM
already dropped loot via alpha & 3x day

feeling like i'm gonna be stuck in queue tho cause I didn't throw more down :(

anyways im pumped for today

Deadite
2012-11-20, 03:19 AM
Must admit I'm pretty pumped. Been playing since tech so it will be nothing new I guess, but there's something about being able to make progress for real that builds the anticipation of playing again a ton. Also I have been having PS withdrawal the last few days :D