PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Squad 10% Booster...

Beerbeer
2012-11-20, 05:35 PM
Isn't automatically equipped when you first create a character.

Not a big deal, but I played for a few hours without it and had it not been for serendipity, I might not have ever noticed it was there.

So make sure you equip it, lol.

J Baley
2012-11-20, 06:24 PM
Isn't automatically equipped when you first create a character.

Not a big deal, but I played for a few hours without it and had it not been for serendipity, I might not have ever noticed it was there.

So make sure you equip it, lol.

Do you still have it? I logged out for dinner and now it's not equipped or in my inventory :(

Beerbeer
2012-11-20, 06:28 PM
Hmm, just logged out as well. I'll log back in and check.

Mine is still there.

J Baley
2012-11-20, 06:36 PM
Hmm, just logged out as well. I'll log back in and check.

Mine is still there.

Thank you for checking :) I'll report my prob.

Illtempered
2012-11-20, 11:45 PM
Mine is gone as well. I equipped it, then removed it to try a 1 hour xp boost, and it disappeared.

bjorntju1
2012-11-21, 01:47 AM
Mine is gone as well, I equipped it, and after my game crashed (happened 3 times yesterday btw) and when I logged back in it was gone.

Renegadeknight
2012-11-21, 01:57 AM
The admin on my server said something about conflicts with trial weapons and boosters. Did any of you use both at the same time?

bjorntju1
2012-11-21, 02:13 AM
The admin on my server said something about conflicts with trial weapons and boosters. Did any of you use both at the same time?

Yeah, I used a trial weapon with my booster equipped. Looks like that is the problem then :)

EisenKreutzer
2012-11-21, 02:20 AM
There is also a problem where equipping a different boost after equipping the Alpha Squad boost removes the timer on the AS boost. So you lose it if you unequip it and equip a different one.

Mechzz
2012-11-21, 02:40 AM
There is also a problem where equipping a different boost after equipping the Alpha Squad boost removes the timer on the AS boost. So you lose it if you unequip it and equip a different one.

This is truth. Higby was quite clear on this during beta. Removing or replacing the 10% Alpha boost after equipping it means it is lost forever.

People got a bit upset about that, but it never got changed afaik.

Illtempered
2012-11-21, 03:36 AM
This is truth. Higby was quite clear on this during beta. Removing or replacing the 10% Alpha boost after equipping it means it is lost forever.

You've got to be kidding me....

So let me get this straight, I spend actual cash to test the xp boost, after paying 40$ for alpha squad, and get screwed out of the alpha squad boost? Thanks SOE

Of course, I could always just start another character....right? Yeah, but I've already spent my station cash on one character.

Sturmhardt
2012-11-21, 03:57 AM

And I am not very happy about that.I think it's a kick in the balls for all the loyal fans who purchased AS even though the benefits were small. I thought I would get real 6 months of xp boost...now I'm losing it if I unequip it... Great.

Storn
2012-11-21, 07:47 AM
Love the XP boost! The XP is rolling in made allowing me to make BR11 in just a few hours. I have to say it may be too much XP bonus :eek: Sorry had to say it.

Sturmhardt
2012-11-21, 08:49 AM
Love the XP boost! The XP is rolling in made allowing me to make BR11 in just a few hours. I have to say it may be too much XP bonus :eek: Sorry had to say it.

Are you kidding? 10% are barely noticeable. If you play 1h you will get xp as if you played 1h 6 min, it pretty much does not matter.

Mavvvy
2012-11-21, 08:54 AM
And I am not very happy about that.I think it's a kick in the balls for all the loyal fans who purchased AS even though the benefits were small. I thought I would get real 6 months of xp boost...now I'm losing it if I unequip it... Great.

Completely agree its completely daft, it certainly didn't have that stipulation listed on the products description when I purchased it. Or anywhere within planetside itself for that matter.

J Baley
2012-11-21, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I used a trial weapon with my booster equipped. Looks like that is the problem then :)

This is what the customer support told me in their reply. I can't for the life of me understand why trying a trial weapon would do this and if so why it wouldn't warn you that you'll lose your boost if you do so.

They are replacing the boost for me by the end of the week but not sure I will even use if I can't try out weapons. Makes the boost a total waste.

Ruffdog
2012-11-25, 06:49 AM
Is there any news on this? Can the AS 10% be un-equipped for a 50% booster and then re-equipped after the 50 has run out?

Bamelin
2012-11-25, 08:01 AM
I got screwed too. I didn't know it would make my Alpha Squad Boost go away. Kinda upset.

Mox
2012-11-25, 08:37 AM
It is simple for me. I would buy some hour or week boosts but since my alpha squad boost would be lost i wait six month till i buy the first boost.

Very clever SOE! In my case you will loose money because of your stupit idea.

Jaybonaut
2012-11-25, 01:03 PM
On another note, if you subscribe to the game, the premium benefits are automatic and do not need to be equipped from what I can tell.

Mechzz
2012-11-25, 01:36 PM
On another note, if you subscribe to the game, the premium benefits are automatic and do not need to be equipped from what I can tell.

Yup. The benefits, excluding SC which is fixed at 500/month, increase each month up to 6 months when the boosts hit 50%. If you sub 6 or months in one shot you get the 50% boost from day 1.

I'm loving my 60% boost (AS + sub), but am also looking forward to being able to use trial weapons.

Jaybonaut
2012-11-25, 04:15 PM
Yup. The benefits, excluding SC which is fixed at 500/month, increase each month up to 6 months when the boosts hit 50%. If you sub 6 or months in one shot you get the 50% boost from day 1.

I'm loving my 60% boost (AS + sub), but am also looking forward to being able to use trial weapons.

You can do that now. Just go to unlock one and at the bottom it gives you a chance to try it first.

Mechzz
2012-11-25, 04:21 PM
You can do that now. Just go to unlock one and at the bottom it gives you a chance to try it first.

You can, but there's a bug that causes you to lose any equipped boosts at the end of the trial period. I haven't seen notice of a fix yet?

Beerbeer
2012-11-25, 04:58 PM
Lol, I'm paranoid taking mine out. Paranoid trialing weapons as well because I just don't want to deal with the hassles of losing my 6 month alpha boost.

dethred
2012-11-25, 10:09 PM
My alpha squad boost disappeared after trying a weapon for 30 minutes. If it is not back equipped or available to be equipped by Wednesday morning, I am going to call Visa for a Chargeback on my card. I have submitted a trouble ticket, so it shouldn't take any longer than that.

I'm not in the business of paying for something and not getting what I paid for. :rolleyes:

Beerbeer
2012-11-25, 10:15 PM
Submit a ticket?