PDA

View Full Version : Release version is a step back!

Mox
2012-11-21, 05:07 AM
Logged in yesterday on Miller and it was a desaster.
My framerate in beta was 40-50. Now its about 10-20.
Almost no connection issues during beta. Now it is almost unplayable. Ghosts everwhere!
The medium grafics were ok during beta. Now ps1 looks even better. I think they tweaked down medium grafics for the launch. :mad:

Thoughs? Own observations?

TheMarz
2012-11-21, 05:21 AM
I have a laptop with an i5 and a 540m (i believe) and it's running smoother on medium than it ever has, I personally think comparing beta to release its so much better. The only time I had problems is when my lappy started overheating

Figment
2012-11-21, 05:32 AM
For me performance seemed to have improved. Then again, I upgraded my pc extensively during beta:

Went from 10-30 fps on an Intel Core 2 Duo on an old motherboard with 4 GB RAM and Win 7 32 bit, to Win 7 64 bit, i5, 16 GB RAM and a new motherboard.

Runs the game great in any battle despite having an older GeForce GTX 460 card.

Raka Maru
2012-11-21, 05:33 AM
I do think they were having some server related FPS issues at times for the launch, but I was able to set my graphics to high again. Hope they fix this for tomorrow.

Qwan
2012-11-21, 05:57 AM
I had no problems last night on miller, The graphics were sharper and I was playing at medium frame rate stayed between 30 and 40 during big fights, Im also located on the east coast.

Snipefrag
2012-11-21, 06:05 AM
Waterson was fine, a few hitches here and there. But compared to some MMO launches I've been a part of this was pretty good. Stop being such a drama llama.

ringring
2012-11-21, 06:09 AM
I see no change

Hmr85
2012-11-21, 06:14 AM
The game ran great for me last night. I saw no change also.

RSphil
2012-11-21, 06:46 AM
for me the only problem was dc's. Game ran great other then that. some people i could see lagging but you have to expect that. there are now 3x more people then beta so there will be problems.

for a release day it went well. i have been in many, many betas and then went to release and alot have gone worse then this. for an mmo which people have to remember this is it started very well.

WoW for example still cant get it right and they have done it for years.
well done to the planetside team and soe for a good launch. now just iron out the kinks and we will be spot on.

Figment
2012-11-21, 07:07 AM
Btw, have you lot downloaded the 310.61 driver for GeForce cards? Is said to help a lot. Does seem to have had that effect for me.

bjorntju1
2012-11-21, 08:01 AM
I think the preformance was around the same as in beta (shit, around 35-40 FPS on high on an i5 3570k OC'ed to 4.4Ghz, dual GTX580 and 16 gigs of ram)

Also I had three crashes in total after playing the game for around 30 minutes. The fact that you have to wait in a queue whe you relog also didn't really help.

Hamma
2012-11-21, 08:36 AM
Make sure you are running all the most updated drivers first off. I've only heard of increases in FPS myself - so if you are seeing a consistent decrease be sure to report it.

Rat
2012-11-21, 08:48 AM
I saw a increase in performance myself, the graphics even looked better to me..I still need the new Invidia driver.

ringring
2012-11-21, 08:50 AM
Having said that I saw no change I've just logged out from Miller (an hr ago) and everyone was seeing a hell of a lot of warping.

TBH I never saw that in beta.

Buggsy
2012-11-21, 01:30 PM
I haven't noticed a difference in FPS, all things being equal but all things aren't equal, there are 3 times as many players running around which reduces FPS.

xuur
2012-11-21, 02:12 PM
except for a couple of DC's, a few oddball graphics flare ups at sunrise (not really clear why that would be) and some warping, it seemed very much the same to me.

Lavoieqc
2012-11-21, 02:18 PM
I think the performance problems are related to the new nvidia drivers, I didnt updated them and my performance is great and as good (or better?) as when I was in beta. My friend on the other side upgraded to the lastest beta drivers and his performances got really worse.

Helwyr
2012-11-21, 02:56 PM
I think the performance problems are related to the new nvidia drivers, I didnt updated them and my performance is great and as good (or better?) as when I was in beta. My friend on the other side upgraded to the lastest beta drivers and his performances got really worse.

I stuck with the same everything that I had in the last beta build (not the latest nvidia drivers), and performance was way down. Which unfortunately meant in big fights I was back to around 10fps a lot of the time. In the last week of beta it would be around 30 in the same circumstances. So while those new drivers may be an issue for some, it didn't play a factor for me personally.

Hopefully just launch day jitters, and performance gets a lot better in the coming days.