PDA

View Full Version : Recording FPS Issues

Bags
2012-12-02, 05:16 PM
Example: Lag recording - YouTube

When I start recording I drop from ~50 fps to ~45 fps, which is expected. However, after a random amount of time my FPS will plummet to ~20 until I stop recording. If I stop recording and immediately restart it's back to ~45 for a time.

Any idea what is causing this?

Fraps and PS2 are installed on Win7 64 bit on my Kingston hyperx SSD and the recording are sent to my 1TB 7200 rpm storage HDD.

Ailos
2012-12-02, 08:06 PM
You could try recording in smaller batches to your SSD. Any reason why you're not using the game's built-in recorder? (Works well for me.)

Bags
2012-12-03, 12:37 AM
You could try recording in smaller batches to your SSD. Any reason why you're not using the game's built-in recorder? (Works well for me.)

I wasn't aware it had one.

And yeah, atm I've got 80 GB free on my SSD but I was thinking about the future; wanted to get used to using my HDD for storage.

duomaxwl
2012-12-03, 06:13 AM
What resolution are you recording at?
I used to use FRAPS and 1 7200rpm hard drive was not enough. The second I RAID 0'd two drives was when I could do 1080p without issue. If you can't do that, I'd either look at halfing it (which will give an odd resolution unfortunately) or look into the built in one (or Dxtory.)
You could probably do 1080p with dxtory just because of your strong CPU.

Ailos
2012-12-04, 11:19 AM
You could also try turning your adaptive v-sync to half the refresh rate, to give you some extra headroom.