PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install latest Planetside 2 patch

Jaged
2012-12-06, 04:28 PM
The patch has downloaded, but during instillation, it hangs at 100% complete with the following error message.
*Error: Unable to write to C:/Program Files/Planetside2/PlanetSide2.exe - http://pls.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/planetside2/planetside2.sha.zs/63/977/5639a4bc05fd4f3b948a64fc8f261f25d4b.
The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.

I have tried two things already including turning off my anti-virus, and renaming the old Planetside2.exe to see if the software would just re-write it.

Does anyone else have any better ideas how I can give the launcher permission to write its own files?

Edit: For anyone else that may wonder through here with the same problem in the future, I believe I have figured out what was wrong. When I initially installed Planetside 2 I changed the install folder to the standard program files folder instead of the weird place it puts it by default. I believe this is what messed with the permissions. I am currently re-installing the game into the installer's default directory. I will report back if this fixes the issue. I guess ill go play some Starcraft 2 while this downloads.

Edit 2: Yup, that fixed it. Problem resolved.

Ailos
2012-12-08, 01:46 AM
The patch has downloaded, but during instillation, it hangs at 100% complete with the following error message.

I have tried two things already including turning off my anti-virus, and renaming the old Planetside2.exe to see if the software would just re-write it.

Does anyone else have any better ideas how I can give the launcher permission to write its own files?

Edit: For anyone else that may wonder through here with the same problem in the future, I believe I have figured out what was wrong. When I initially installed Planetside 2 I changed the install folder to the standard program files folder instead of the weird place it puts it by default. I believe this is what messed with the permissions. I am currently re-installing the game into the installer's default directory. I will report back if this fixes the issue. I guess ill go play some Starcraft 2 while this downloads.

Edit 2: Yup, that fixed it. Problem resolved.

If you really want and hassle-free installation, install PS2 through Steam.