PDA

View Full Version : Please help.

capiqu
2012-12-06, 09:37 PM
For the last 2-3 Days I have been repeatedly logging on but I either crash suddenly right after I spawn on the warp gate or as I step out of the spawns in the spawn room.
I can only think it may be my PC but don't know what it could be. Any ideas?

CyclesMcHurtz
2012-12-07, 04:57 AM
Send me a PM and we can get more information to help figure out the trouble here.

[Sent from the outskirts of the Oort cloud]

Tooterfish
2012-12-07, 05:12 AM
I had a similar issue on my laptop. Seems the textures are still loading and, if I try to move too soon after logging into the game, I would often crash. I am able to mitigate the problem by waiting for everything to smooth out before taking control.

Grognard
2012-12-07, 06:22 AM
Send me a PM and we can get more information to help figure out the trouble here.

You... are the fucking MAN! Props.

Juryrig
2012-12-07, 06:24 AM
I had a similar issue on my laptop. Seems the textures are still loading and, if I try to move too soon after logging into the game, I would often crash. I am able to mitigate the problem by waiting for everything to smooth out before taking control.

Same here. I wait until everything is loaded and framerate is something like normal before trying to move out of the spawn-tube, otherwise I get regular crashes.

Letting everything load and settle down for a few seconds seems to mitigate it though.

psijaka
2012-12-07, 06:55 AM

I had this problem too, but have taken steps to minimise it.

I investigated my home wifi/broadband setup and ran some tests on the system. Turns out that my broadband was adequate and steady, but that the wifi link between the router and my PC was erratic; very poor data speed at times, due to thick stone wall and a large heating radiator between the router and the PC.

Solution - bought a pair of ethernet power line adapters (http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354884708&sr=8-1). They work a treat; loading crashes not a problem and much less lag/warping around since I fitted them.

Juryrig
2012-12-07, 07:04 AM
I investigated my home wifi/broadband setup and ran some tests on the system. Turns out that my broadband was adequate and steady, but that the wifi link between the router and my PC was erratic; very poor data speed at times, due to thick stone wall and a large heating radiator between the router and the PC.

Home wireless can be subject to some horrible interference, often you'll be showing a 'good' signal but actual data transfer is awful because all the data getting through is then being detected as corrupt and having to be resent.

It doesn't help that domestic microwave ovens operate on the same frequency bands as wifi.....and aren't always anything like as well shielded as you'd like to think.

Plugging into the router, or using another hardware solution like you suggest, can make a huge difference.

capiqu
2012-12-08, 01:03 AM

Wow thanks man. Planetside2 team is awesome.
The game has started playing better for me. Finally played like a good 3 hours last night and then about 2 and then 1 and a half hours today and game hasn't crashed so I hope whatever it was is fixed.

Thank you Mr Cycles :D and all you guys for the help.

Adeodatus
2012-12-19, 04:19 PM
I had this until i validated the game, then it was back to normal.