PDA

View Full Version : Mines and C4

jassinlive
2012-12-08, 06:51 PM
What happens if I plant my mines then switch to carry C4 and plant them.. do the mines disappear? Can I have layed out mines and C4 at the same time? And with the utility slot on the Engineer and Light Assault class.. say I unlock C4 on the engineer can it also be equipped by the light assault?

jassinlive
2012-12-09, 01:18 AM
What happens if I plant my mines then switch to carry C4 and plant them.. do the mines disappear? Can I have layed out mines and C4 at the same time? And with the utility slot on the Engineer and Light Assault class.. say I unlock C4 on the engineer can it also be equipped by the light assault?

bump

psychobilly
2012-12-09, 02:58 AM

I don't know if they disappear... not too many people unlocked both tank mines and c4. Good question.

C4 is a seperate cert for light and engi so you have to buy it for both.

sylphaen
2012-12-09, 08:32 AM
I did not verify but I'm pretty sure the item counter is different. So C4 would not make mines disappear. Kind of how mines do not make bouncing betties disappear.

Now does switching out of engineer decrease the time deployed for mines/betties ? unknown.

yonman
2012-12-09, 08:40 AM
Now does switching out of engineer decrease the time deployed for mines/betties ? unknown.

I've tried this with ammo packs and they stay down.
Now that AT and AP mines are going to be deployable as well, it makes sense that the same behavior sticks

Also, I use lots of mines and switch back and forth with medic class, I don't recall them disappearing on me.

EisenKreutzer
2012-12-09, 08:47 AM
I believe they disappeared before, but it was fixed in a recent patch so they stay down even when you switch classes.

Rivenshield
2012-12-09, 08:06 PM
I believe they disappeared before, but it was fixed in a recent patch so they stay down even when you switch classes.

How long do they last?

IronDragon
2012-12-10, 03:32 AM
How long do they last?

I'm not sure, but at least 10 minutes. I've put down mines in a location, hopped aboard a Sundy and driven off to another battle just to get mine kills much later. I'd guess it's at least 20, maybe 30 minutes.

Figment
2012-12-10, 05:51 AM

Yeah during beta they removed themselves constantly upon deaths and class changes. Mines stay down now.

I hear you can still use the detonators of C4 after you died now too, anyone confirm that?

Sturmhardt
2012-12-10, 07:07 AM
Yeah during beta they removed themselves constantly upon deaths and class changes. Mines stay down now.

I hear you can still use the detonators of C4 after you died now too, anyone confirm that?

Yup, it's true.

Babyfark McGeez
2012-12-10, 09:48 AM
So basically, all deployables are "persistent" / "permanent" now? (like in PS1?)

What about the limit? Does it apply only to the amount of stuff you can carry with you and not to the amount of mines actually deployed / layed down?

satori
2012-12-10, 11:18 AM
Is there any way to tell if a mine you've laid down is still active? Say for example someone launches a grenade and detonates the mine but it doesn't kill anyone. Is there any way to tell if it has been detonated without actually going to look to see if it's still there?

Frotang
2012-12-10, 12:40 PM
Not yet, im assuming further down they road they'll have a UI feature that shows your count of deployables, similar to PS1

Figment
2012-12-10, 02:48 PM
So basically, all deployables are "persistent" / "permanent" now? (like in PS1?)

What about the limit? Does it apply only to the amount of stuff you can carry with you and not to the amount of mines actually deployed / layed down?

C4 is more persistent than boomers now. ;p

Think the total certed is your deploy limit, btw.