PDA

View Full Version : Your IP address has been banned.

Sledgecrushr
2012-12-10, 03:12 PM
Hey guys on the official website I keep getting this message that says"error, this ip address has been banned". Is anyone else getting this message? And if its widespread could this be the result of soe being hacked?

wutzibu
2012-12-10, 03:16 PM
can You still play the game?

Sledgecrushr
2012-12-10, 03:20 PM
Lol Im on my iphone. When I go home and find my character along with the 60 bucks I have spent on him has been locked Im gonna be pissed. I know for sure its not my .6 kdr that got me banned.

Phantomdestiny
2012-12-10, 03:22 PM
maybe you use SweetFX which is against the rules

Beerbeer
2012-12-10, 03:24 PM
Have any programs running in the background that may be knowingly (or unknowingly) modifying game files?

Even if it's "harmless," they won't know that and/or hackers can masquerade as such. They clearly stated ANY modifications can and will result in a ban if I remember correctly.

Hopefully it's nothing, but on the flip side I'm glad they are taking a more aggressive stance.

Sledgecrushr
2012-12-10, 03:24 PM
Nope I dont use any third party programming at all. I havent even done too much in changing .ini settings. I just checked my account and it says Im active so I dont know. Will have to see when I get to the house.

Dragonskin
2012-12-10, 03:30 PM
Are you trying to get on their forums with your iPhone?

Elahhez
2012-12-10, 03:31 PM
You are probably a victim of the IP your currently have was banned while being used by an actual hacker.

Why it's bad banning dynamic IPs

Submit a ticket ;)

bpostal
2012-12-10, 03:33 PM
If that's true couldn't you just get a new ip with /release, /renew?

Beerbeer
2012-12-10, 03:37 PM
Or call your ISP for a change and ask that it remain static?

But wait a minute, wouldn't this make banning Ips kind of pointless if hackers could do the same thing?

wutzibu
2012-12-10, 03:40 PM
Or call your ISP for a change and ask that it remain static?

But wait a minute, wouldn't this make banning Ips kind of pointless if hackers could do the same thing?

Well they can^^ so its already quite pointless^^

Elahhez
2012-12-10, 03:43 PM
IP banning is not good, it is not a good preventer, and it may affect legit players unintended.

ringring
2012-12-10, 03:58 PM
Are you trying to get on their forums with your iPhone?

It sounds like he is ... so his phone's IP will have nothing to do with his home PC's IP .... maybe SOE have detected that his phone is running through a proxy (ie google is slurping all his browsing) and thought it might be a problem.

Sledgecrushr
2012-12-10, 04:24 PM
I am using my work places internet. Yeah Ive been getting onto the official site since i got into beta. Will give an official update when I get on this evening.

Hamma
2012-12-10, 05:12 PM
Sounds like it's in error.

Sledgecrushr
2012-12-10, 06:10 PM
Apparently the university that I work for has had their IP banned. I was definitely starting to panic a bit.

basti
2012-12-10, 06:26 PM
Apparently the university that I work for has had their IP banned. I was definitely starting to panic a bit.

One of the folks of the university is a cheater then.

Gather a crowd, grab pitchforks, and find him.

Hamma
2012-12-10, 10:21 PM
Find the cheater and kick his ass. :p

MrDawkins
2012-12-10, 10:23 PM
No — SOE already stated they would warn first before ever banning.

Not true, they ban first appeal later. Just ask anyone within the first week that was using sweetfx.

No warnings just mass bannings

Dragonskin
2012-12-11, 07:43 AM

Yea that will do it. My work IP is banned as well. Actually SOE's site is blocked on our firewall now too which is new... maybe some one here did a bad thing :lol:... wasn't me.

Anyway, that is why I am glad for PSU. Work doesn't care about it.

Beerbeer
2012-12-11, 08:00 AM
My work won't let touch this site or anything else related to gaming. Not only is it blocked, but they check everyone's web usage like hawks. I have to use my mobile devices.

basti
2012-12-11, 08:46 AM
Well isn't that some bullshit, thanks for the news on that.

Btw, it isnt true.

SweetFX users need to be banned tho. While you can use it to make stuff look better, its also quite easy to use it as a Wallhack, or inject other stuff.

Ganymede
2012-12-12, 01:08 AM
everybody was warned as everybody got a copy of the user agreement when they created characters.

Wahooo
2012-12-12, 01:40 AM
Not true, they ban first appeal later. Just ask anyone within the first week that was using sweetfx.

No warnings just mass bannings

So all of the world broadcasts that said you would be banned for using 3rd party software wasn't a warning for using that particular 3rd party software?

Sturmhardt
2012-12-12, 04:36 AM
So all of the world broadcasts that said you would be banned for using 3rd party software wasn't a warning for using that particular 3rd party software?

There were no warnings before the first ban wave. Not even responses from soe if it's allowed to use sweetfx or not on the forums and twitter. Even Higby used it. I think it's right to ban it, but it was not a cool move how they did it.