PDA

View Full Version : This happens to me all the time..

Rolfski
2012-12-11, 02:52 AM
..when I'm lone wolfing.

https://0ccu5w.bay.livefilestore.com/y1prXXigg28uOsmH6FiB4xHXV-8t5eIbGa9j6HueGbGQee_ACQJ57iDvX6XnVpZfdVbOLf8dMku0 jo/zerg.JPG?psid=1

Canaris
2012-12-11, 03:10 AM
lol everyone does it, I have to keep telling people who wander off to get back on the point.

Sturmhardt
2012-12-11, 03:37 AM
That's because nobody wants to leave their comfy vehicles anymore :P

Sunrock
2012-12-11, 03:57 AM
Hehehe. I have never experienced worse scenarios when the zombie zerg all sit in there MBT and does not even bather to go and capture the point.

But I wonder how many of the casual and the new players that understand that having 6 on the flag means you capture it x6 faster then if you don't have any one. I know it's not that hard to figure out by just looking at the UI any one with a normal IQ can figure out that in 5 seconds. But do they even ask them self the question what the numbers mean under the flag?

ShadetheDruid
2012-12-11, 04:07 AM
Ah, the despair of someone who ends up feeling like they're the only smart person in the area.. I know that feeling well.

Not so much on capture points for me (though it does happen sometimes), but every time i'm with a bunch of people attacking a base, sometimes I feel like i'm the only one watching every single angle possible.

Even while everyone else is running in getting sniped by LAs and infils on top of buildings, they don't seem to work out that, yeah, maybe we should keep an eye on the high ground. :doh:

Graywolves
2012-12-11, 04:20 AM
It's always awesome when I'm just running through somewhere and I see a capture point or something flashing and like 10 guys completely oblivious.

Suitepee
2012-12-11, 09:35 AM
Yep, I've seen this happen a fair bit thus far.

I also remember one time that somebody complained that they'd have to leave their vehicle to cap the point, and wished that they could cap points with vehicles all of the time.

Archey
2012-12-12, 05:39 AM
That's because nobody wants to leave their comfy vehicles anymore :P

Would you rather sit in a warm MBT or stand out in the cold?

Boomzor
2012-12-12, 05:52 AM
Would you rather sit at the capture point and make no XP, or camp the spawn doors and cash in XP every time a clue less lemming spawns and go out the door?

Following the same greedy line of logic, why would you want to shorten the farm by capping the outpost faster?

Flawed system?

Yup.

Babyfark McGeez
2012-12-12, 07:10 AM
And so it begins;

I recently witnessed people intentionally not capping the point and rather farm the spawn instead untill someone finally decides this is too lame and they cap it. I even read someone yell "Don't cap - more certs this way"...
Same with sunderers, i witnessed people intentionally not destroying it, but rather farming the people spawning from it, they even stopped shooting when the sundy was too much damaged...

Unfortunately i'm not even sure how this could be solved with the current mechanics of "certside". :s

To be clear, it doesn't happen all the time, and it's not game-breaking per se, but it's just lame and goes against the principle idea of planetside.

ShadetheDruid
2012-12-12, 07:16 AM
Unfortunately i'm not even sure how this could be solved with the current mechanics of "certside". :s

Fix the spawns so they can't be camped, and cloaking for AMS, maybe? I mean, there's still going to be farming no matter what happens, but at least people would have a chance when they spawn.

Babyfark McGeez
2012-12-12, 07:31 AM
You're right, true that. We discussed the base design (boo at spawn huts) so often on here that i allready forget about it. Hehe.

Electrofreak
2012-12-12, 07:47 AM
But, but, but... the base on the other side of the ridge is about to flip for a nice, fat, juicy 1300 XP. And all you need to do is run into it 1 second before capture to get a nice 5 cert points! Where is your motivation to stay and defend, be lucky if you pick up 1 kill from the lone Infil who capped the point, instead of zerging off to that base for your free certs?

If SOE had listened during beta and implemented PS1's Dynamic XP system (like I begged them to, predicting this kind of issue (http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/dynamic-xp-gain.8197/)), this wouldn't be a problem. PS1 had it right... the amount of XP you were rewarded for a base capture was dependent upon how long you were in the Sphere of Influence for that base. If you walked in a base capture at the last minute, you only got a couple XP; not worth it. You were better off heading off to the next base or picking up some kills on defense.

Maybe they have server limitations preventing this method due to the population count, but a dynamic XP system in PS2 would solve a lot of problems with XP whoring and exploiting.

Beerbeer
2012-12-12, 07:52 AM
Only people left are vehicle farmers. Most of their prey have stopped playing.